PDA

View Full Version : MSU weekly recruiting update

BeastMan
02-16-2014, 12:28 PM
I've decided that between M&WN and FWTCT's baseball coverage, there is nothing more I can really add. Baseball writing is my weakest anyway and those guys have you covered. With those guys having that locked down, I've decided to go all-in on recruiting. I'll run a weekly update that keeps you up to speed on new offers, ratings, and where the guys we've offered are committing. Nothing that competes with what the pay sites are doing but this can keep the casual recruiting follower up to speed.

http://3rdand57.com/msu-weekly-recruiting-recap-216/

Coach34
02-16-2014, 12:43 PM
We need to bring in a herd of guys for the trenches this year

BeastMan
02-16-2014, 12:43 PM
-9 of 14 new offers are lineman
-5 OL and 1 TE of the new offers are all from GA
-Denico Autry's brother, Lee Autry (DT) was offered.
-EMCC juco DT DJ Jones is unrated but his 11 offers is a who's who of CFB. I'd be shocked if his initial ranking isn't a high 4 star.

smootness
02-16-2014, 01:32 PM
Good stuff. It may not be as comprehensive as the recruiting sites, but they also don't really consolidate information like this, either. Should be a good place to look to find out exactly who we've offered and get an update on where they are.

Thanks.

gravedigger
02-16-2014, 01:48 PM
What if we all found out that the way our staff evaluates is with three categories:

Lowest- the player has the measurables for division one football. Good potential.

Next highest- exceptional athlete. Beats his man almost every play if not every play.

Highest- all the ability of the level below and is a leader on the team. Has that "it" factor.

Can you see how players who are given 3 stars excel with us?
Can you see how some 5 stars aren't as coveted?
Just some food for thought as the next hat ceremony season comes back around.

BeastMan
02-16-2014, 01:51 PM
Great point gravedigger. I think all 3 are necessary to excel in the SEC. Anyone can watch film and evaluate the first 2 but coaching staffs earn their stay by hitting the 3rd with a higher frequency