PDA

View Full Version : One Night in March

BrunswickDawg
02-16-2014, 09:28 AM
One Night in March aired this week on GA Public Broadcasting and I just watched it on my DVR. If you have not seen it, find it and watch it. It should be a major point of pride for our university and should be required for every student at State to know about this chapter in our history and how Bulldogs handle adversity and do the right thing.

On a side note, it reminded me of something funny that happened to me yesterday. I am the Director of Historic Resources for a state agency, and one of my responsibilities is a history museum and associated programming. We do themed programs every month, to highlight history - so of course we are doing Black History this month (please leave the PC/anti-pc comments to yourselves). I am doing a "Inside the Actors Studio" style interview with a man who was a plaintiff in a case filed against our agency in 1963 that led to the desegregation of all State facilities. There are about 200 people in the audience, so I am chatting with the interviewee and his wife to take my mind off of talking (I got a D in Public Speaking at State, and now spend most of my time talking in public - it ain't easy). The wife asks where I am from, where I went to school, etc. and I mention State.
"That's not the one James Meredith had to fight his way into is it?"
"No, Ma'am, that's Ole Miss."
"That's right. Y'all don't like them either."
"That's right ma'am."
"But Ole Miss shore does love being Ole Miss."
"Yes ma'am, they sure do."

Made my day.

Dawg61
02-16-2014, 09:44 AM
Haha so true. Ole Miss sure loves being Ole Miss.

starkvegasdawg
02-16-2014, 09:57 AM
That is a quote of the year nominee right there. That lady PERFECTLY summed up the U of M in one sentence. Tip of the hat.