PDA

View Full Version : Georgia beat OM and moved to 8-4 in the SEC

Coach34
02-15-2014, 10:03 PM
3rd place

BeardoMSU
02-15-2014, 10:06 PM
They still suck, as do we, OM, and the rest of the SEC aside from ky and fla.

Coach34
02-15-2014, 10:09 PM
yep but makes for great drama to see if Fox can hold on to his job

BeardoMSU
02-15-2014, 10:23 PM
True. Like when Georgia won the tourney and saved what's his name for another year.

MarketingBully01
02-15-2014, 11:26 PM
3rd place

Nice, we are now tied with Frank the Tank's team for last place in the SEC.

MarketingBully01
02-15-2014, 11:28 PM
yep but makes for great drama to see if Fox can hold on to his job

Mark will get one more year and get fired next year. Grant and Barbie will be fired so both teams in Alabama will be looking for a coach. My guess is Pearl will go to Bama and Stansbury to Auburn.

Coach34
02-15-2014, 11:37 PM
I wouldnt count on Stands to Auburn just yet

Dawg61
02-16-2014, 12:15 AM
Gregg Marshall supposedly interviewed at Tennessee twice so I'm betting he gets hired by Tenneessee or Bama this year.

Coach34
02-16-2014, 12:22 AM
That's assuming he would leave Wichita State. He makes 1.7 at Wichita and has them ranked all year. He's probably in a better situation where he is

MarketingBully01
02-16-2014, 12:49 AM
Gregg Marshall supposedly interviewed at Tennessee twice so I'm betting he gets hired by Tenneessee or Bama this year.

Tennessee won't fire Martin.

biggun
02-16-2014, 05:50 AM
Mark will get one more year and get fired next year. Grant and Barbie will be fired so both teams in Alabama will be looking for a coach. My guess is Pearl will go to Bama and Stansbury to Auburn.

Stan's to Auburn???? Now that is funny!!!!!

Quaoarsking
02-16-2014, 11:24 AM
It seems far-fetched that Auburn would choose Stansbury. It's also far-fetched (but less so) that he'd take the job.

I think the whole "Stansbury to Auburn!" meme that has floated around the boards for years is just last-ditch wishful thinking from the people who can't let Stans go. I almost hope it happens so all those people can switch over to being Auburn fans.

Coach34
02-16-2014, 11:47 AM
No- Stands is actually being considered for the Auburn job and we have boosters trying to help him get it. Stands has been to Europe and other places making contacts and recruiting with the expectation of landing a job.

MarketingBully01
02-16-2014, 11:49 AM
It seems far-fetched that Auburn would choose Stansbury. It's also far-fetched (but less so) that he'd take the job.

I think the whole "Stansbury to Auburn!" meme that has floated around the boards for years is just last-ditch wishful thinking from the people who can't let Stans go. I almost hope it happens so all those people can switch over to being Auburn fans.

Nah, I wouldn't root for Stansbury at Auburn. I am an MSU fan but that was my best guess based on what a lot of others are saying and how slimy Jay Jacobs is. But of course I am not a fan of ending on a 14 game losing streak and being 3-15 in the SEC. Our best case scenario is we beat USC and tie our SEC record from last year. That is shit.

I wish Stricklin would not have told Ray not to worry about his job until year 3. Perhaps we wouldn't be seeing some of these personnel bull shit recruiting decisions. Redshirting basically two of his recruiting class pieces from last year because they couldn't get eligible this year leaving us with basically the same team last year as this year? A coach fighting for his job doesn't do that. Basically telling him he has four years regardless creates shit shows and disgruntled fans because of the product on the court it creates. But I digress. When we don't make the NIT or do poorly next year I guess the rest of the board will catch up to us. I'll just leave it at that.

Coach34
02-16-2014, 11:50 AM
and while it's not 100% certain Jacobs at Auburn will make a change- he is out talking to potential candidates and meeting with them ahead of time to get a jump on the situation. Something our AD did not do

MarketingBully01
02-16-2014, 11:51 AM
No- Stands is actually being considered for the Auburn job and we have boosters trying to help him get it. Stands has been to Europe and other places making contacts and recruiting with the expectation of landing a job.

That would be a Jay Jacobs type thing to do as well.

MarketingBully01
02-16-2014, 11:55 AM

Why are our boosters trying to land Stansbury an SEC job? That is some big bull shit right there. That really pisses me off. After what Auburn did to us as well with the Cam Newton situation? Do our boosters have no shame?

Jacksondevildog
02-16-2014, 11:57 AM
This is basically what Croom was told. He wanted a 10 year plan. There was no sense of urgency created by the administration. This is the same situation.

Nah, I wouldn't root for Stansbury at Auburn. I am an MSU fan but that was my best guess based on what a lot of others are saying and how slimy Jay Jacobs is. But of course I am not a fan of ending on a 14 game losing streak and being 3-15 in the SEC. Our best case scenario is we beat USC and tie our SEC record from last year. That is shit.

I wish Stricklin would not have told Ray not to worry about his job until year 3. Perhaps we wouldn't be seeing some of these personnel bull shit recruiting decisions. Redshirting basically two of his recruiting class pieces from last year because they couldn't get eligible this year leaving us with basically the same team last year as this year? A coach fighting for his job doesn't do that. Basically telling him he has four years regardless creates shit shows and disgruntled fans because of the product on the court it creates. But I digress. When we don't make the NIT or do poorly next year I guess the rest of the board will catch up to us. I'll just leave it at that.

Coach34
02-16-2014, 11:58 AM
Why are our boosters trying to land Stansbury an SEC job? That is some big bull shit right there. That really pisses me off. After what Auburn did to us as well with the Cam Newton situation? Do our boosters have no shame?

I dont understand it either...we'll see what comes out of the big meeting coming up

Coach34
02-16-2014, 12:00 PM
Ray was told to build the program on a solid foundation and to not go for any quick fixes that included taking on questionable character types

And I agree with that

mic
02-16-2014, 12:01 PM

Its Amazing isn't it..

Dawgface
02-16-2014, 12:02 PM
Oh I think Bury would take the job in a heart beat. Why wouldn't he? It just sound like something AU wouldnt do....hire a coach fired from MSU. They may consider him as a fall back hire, but I can't believe he is their top choice. But AU doesn't have the greatest bb reputation, so I guess anything is possible.

Jacksondevildog
02-16-2014, 12:06 PM
I agree too with the issue of not having a quick fix, but when you are told to "not worry until year 3" or whatever, it may take a certain level of sense of urgency away. The jury is out on our recruiting. We better hope that Ndoye is Olajuwon reincarnated and Travis Daniels averages double figures per night because I don't see where the scoring will come from. Chicken can't shoot and everyone plays 5 feet away from him daring him to drive to the rim. I'm afraid that we will be bad for the next two years and we will end up firing him. We will look back and say that it was a bad hire the same way we did with Croom. Most everyone bought into Croom and we were wrong.

Coach34
02-16-2014, 12:10 PM
I never bought into Crooms bullshit. We never looked well-coached under Croom....it's not the same with Ray. You can what Ray is trying to get them to do- we are just unable to do it right now. I think we will have a decent basketball team next year

tcdog70
02-16-2014, 01:02 PM
I am hearing Stans has a couple of job offers and it looks like it might be Auburn. Pollards is going with Him

Jacksondevildog
02-16-2014, 01:08 PM
I hope you are right, Coach. I do think we will be better next year due to experience and a mostly full roster of scholarship players. Recruiting concerns me and it will continue to concern me until we make a huge jump in results on the court or we start signing some better players. The casual MSU fan that holds out hope that we will sign Newman will fall off of the Ray bandwagon if we don't sign him simply because they will feel that there was no excuse for not getting him, even though most of us know that isn't the case.

HailState39110
02-16-2014, 01:10 PM
I think we were talking to others during Stands last year. Of course its all hear say but I heard Kermit Davis Jr interviewed with us about a week before the season had ended. Auburn likes to network during the season though. Just askTuberville when Petrino-gate broke to the public

msu4ever
02-16-2014, 01:26 PM
I dont understand it either...we'll see what comes out of the big meeting coming up

How is he doing all this while on MSU's payroll....isn't he supposed to be helping MSU behind the scenes? Though he should have his years in now.......

Coach34
02-16-2014, 01:29 PM
I hope you are right, Coach. I do think we will be better next year due to experience and a mostly full roster of scholarship players. Recruiting concerns me and it will continue to concern me until we make a huge jump in results on the court or we start signing some better players. The casual MSU fan that holds out hope that we will sign Newman will fall off of the Ray bandwagon if we don't sign him simply because they will feel that there was no excuse for not getting him, even though most of us know that isn't the case.

We arent getting Newman- it's literally 0% at this point. Webster said as much to another former player. And it wasnt knock on Ray- just that there were too many other things involved.