PDA

View Full Version : Memo to Cohen:

Jacksondevildog
02-15-2014, 09:32 PM
Get Humphreys' bat in the lineup every day. He will have freshman ups and downs. Play his ass.

WeWonItAll(Most)
02-15-2014, 09:43 PM
+1

Bully13
02-15-2014, 09:54 PM
we need some umph, no doubt. but do yall think Cohen is just crootin' based on Omaha's field? I think he is and I have no prob with that. the thing is though, if we are going to play small ball, we need to cut down on the k's. we should have added a couple more runs in the bottom of the 8th tonight. I don't want to see much more of that shit this year. eventually in the CWS you are going to run into some aces like UCLA had. I'll take contact hitters with less strike outs in that situation. put the damn ball in play. things will happen. can't have people striking out..

Jacksondevildog
02-15-2014, 10:03 PM
Don't know about that, but I do know that every day robson gets a pinch hit opportunity over Humphreys, is a day we get further from our goal this year. If we want a guy that can routinely hit fungus to the second baseman, they should have never signed him. I know we are mixing and matching guys right now, but I saw more from him in that KL than I did in some guys that got multiple at bats all weekend. Aggressiveness and gap to gap long ball power. Use it. Don't piss it away. We have speed guys that slap the ball around and we put them on and never steal and never hit and run. What's the use in playing your speed card if you never utilize it?

Todd4State
02-15-2014, 10:22 PM
we need some umph, no doubt. but do yall think Cohen is just crootin' based on Omaha's field? I think he is and I have no prob with that. the thing is though, if we are going to play small ball, we need to cut down on the k's. we should have added a couple more runs in the bottom of the 8th tonight. I don't want to see much more of that shit this year. eventually in the CWS you are going to run into some aces like UCLA had. I'll take contact hitters with less strike outs in that situation. put the damn ball in play. things will happen. can't have people striking out..

It's not just TD Ameritrade- it's Dudy-Noble, Trustmark Park, and Hoover. All are big ballparks.

We struck out 11 times today, but we also walked 10 times. That's not too bad as far as the walks go. The K's do need to go down.

As far as his recruiting- I think he is trying to get to where we have a good balance of power and speed. It's a little bit out of whack right now because we have more speed guys than power guys and the power guys we do have are mostly freshmen. Really Wes Rea and maybe Humphries and Garner are the only two legit long ball threats we have right now.

We can still reach our goals of going to Omaha as long as the pitching is good- like today. Woodruff and Lindgren need to focus on throwing the ball over the plate as opposed to impressing every scout at the park.

Our recruiting strategy is to get lights out pitching, power on the corners and speed if possible, and then speed and athleticism in the middle of the diamond.

Todd4State
02-15-2014, 10:24 PM
Don't know about that, but I do know that every day robson gets a pinch hit opportunity over Humphreys, is a day we get further from our goal this year. If we want a guy that can routinely hit fungus to the second baseman, they should have never signed him. I know we are mixing and matching guys right now, but I saw more from him in that KL than I did in some guys that got multiple at bats all weekend. Aggressiveness and gap to gap long ball power. Use it. Don't piss it away. We have speed guys that slap the ball around and we put them on and never steal and never hit and run. What's the use in playing your speed card if you never utilize it?

I can't figure out why Humphries isn't starting at third. As you said he gives us power and he is also a defensive upgrade over Detz.

I bet he starts before long though.

Bully13
02-15-2014, 10:32 PM

good point. if you are going to play small ball, then you have to be able to also steal and hit and run. agreed. we don't do enough of that for the hitters we currently have. "fungus to the 2nd baseman" also is a good point. that shit is just as bad as a k or worse a double play. we need more solid contact and less k's to have success for what cohen is trying to do. Let's face it . we don't have a sluggers rowe. let's adapt and get aggressive.. we are not that slow.

good win tonight overall..

does anybody remember how they spoiled our regional back in the late 80's? I was there...there pitcher threw loafer fastballs over the middle for called first strikes all day then curve balled us into K's the whole 17ing day.. never forget that ride back to memphis. was not enough alcohol in to drain the frustration. I never forgave polk for telling everybody to take that first strike... shit..

I seen it dawg
02-15-2014, 10:48 PM
Well shit why don't we just start looking for a new coach. Jesus baseball is so damn long. We are playing to win a national title not the SEC West. That's now realistic and achievable and it's my goal and I can damn sure guess it's Cohens. To do that it takes a full roster and if you don't find out what you have on your roster in the early part of the season you damn sure won't be able to count on it later. You guys that are armchair managing after game 2 don't know shit about winning championships. I got a sneaky feeling we are going to be pretty good. Some of you won't be able to enjoy it but then again those in that boat don't know shit about baseball.

Memo that.

Jacksondevildog
02-15-2014, 10:52 PM
Thanks for the constructive info. How dare we question a damn thing???

Well shit why don't we just start looking for a new coach. Jesus baseball is so damn long. We are playing to win a national title not the SEC West. That's now realistic and achievable and it's my goal and I can damn sure guess it's Cohens. To do that it takes a full roster and if you don't find out what you have on your roster in the early part of the season you damn sure won't be able to count on it later. You guys that are armchair managing after game 2 don't know shit about winning championships. I got a sneaky feeling we are going to be pretty good. Some of you won't be able to enjoy it but then again those in that boat don't know shit about baseball.

Memo that.

Todd4State
02-15-2014, 10:53 PM

Memo that.

Well that escalated quickly. We're just discussing- we're not saying that Cohen should be fired.

Intramural All-American
02-15-2014, 10:56 PM
Detz has reached base in 25 straight games. No way in hell should he be replaced. I'm perfectly fine with him I'm the DH role, and they may be what you were implying.

Jacksondevildog
02-15-2014, 10:56 PM
Yes. DH.
Detz has reached base in 25 straight games. No way in hell should he be replaced. I'm perfectly fine with him I'm the DH role, and they may be what you were implying.

I seen it dawg
02-15-2014, 10:58 PM
Thanks for the constructive info. How dare we question a damn thing???

Yeah your thread starter was constructive.

Hey Cohen you ****ing dumbass there is an all universe true freshman that should play everyday. I know more about your roster and program than you do so do what I say. Why don't you next accuse Cohen of not liking the way his dad looks at him during games as to why he's not playing. It's stupid.

Humphries is going to be outstanding. I'm going to defer to Cohen on why he hasn't played thru GAME 2.

MarketingBully01
02-15-2014, 11:01 PM

Detz would DH in the scenario we are talking about. Today and yesterday, he missed two balls hit to the hot corner that were hits that more then likely Humphries gets to. He does not have the range to be an elite 3rd baseman defensively. Why do you think Cohen trotted Frost out there last year? Because Frost had excellent range but we held our breath every time he threw the ball to first.

Jacksondevildog
02-15-2014, 11:03 PM
Hard to believe you would be such an ass because someone (me and others) said that we should play Humphreys because of his big bat potential. Others on the team say that he has the ability to be one of the best we have EVER had. Chill the **** out.

I seen it dawg
02-15-2014, 11:04 PM
Well that escalated quickly. We're just discussing- we're not saying that Cohen should be fired.

I'm well aware of that. I'm making an over the top point. There are so many things that go into building a title team that a lot of people just don't get. We've played 18 innings and we aren't running enough, aren't playing the right people, etc. It's a long season.

Jacksondevildog
02-15-2014, 11:05 PM
Your average MSU fan doesn't understand what you just posted. They probably follow 10 baseball games per year. QUOTE=MarketingBully01;135427]Detz would DH in the scenario we are talking about. Today and yesterday, he missed two balls hit to the hot corner that were hits that more then likely Humphries gets to. He does not have the range to be an elite 3rd baseman defensively. Why do you think Cohen trotted Frost out there last year? Because Frost had excellent range but we held our breath every time he threw the ball to first.[/QUOTE]

I seen it dawg
02-15-2014, 11:07 PM
Get Humphreys' bat in the lineup every day. He will have freshman ups and downs. Play his ass.

I need to chill out? You dropped the memo to Cohen demanding to play Humphries ass.

I agree with wanting to see him on the field. I wanted to see him swing the bat more so far this weekend.

Coach34
02-15-2014, 11:08 PM
I think Humphries struggling to hot .200 in scrimmages is the reason he is not playing....or so is rumored

Jacksondevildog
02-15-2014, 11:09 PM
Well I'm glad that Cohen sees that I'm demanding it. Maybe he will listen.

I seen it dawg
02-15-2014, 11:11 PM
I hope he does.

Jacksondevildog
02-15-2014, 11:12 PM
Well I'm sure that robson must have hit .700 in the scrimmages because he's the go to guy to punch hit. I like robson, but besides the walk off jam shot vs bama last year, he hasn't done much at the plate. The "rumor" is that they are trying to keep the Canadians happy and not have them leave.

MarketingBully01
02-15-2014, 11:13 PM
I need to chill out? You dropped the memo to Cohen demanding to play Humphries ass.

I agree with wanting to see him on the field. I wanted to see him swing the bat more so far this weekend.

I think the big problem Cohen is going to have this year is we have too many options and a heck of a lot of talent that he may have a problem making everyone happy with playing time. With that said, if you are going to play Britton at SS you have to have Humphries in there somewhere. You can not have Armstrong as the DH. He may be a guy who you pinch run or pinch hit with in certain situations. However with that said, this is the second game of the season and a ton of baseball is left. Humphries to me seems like a no brainer to play DH/3rd base but I could be wrong. Who knows?

Jacksondevildog
02-15-2014, 11:15 PM
Well said but **** me for agreeing with you.
I think the big problem Cohen is going to have this year is we have too many options and a heck of a lot of talent that he may have a problem making everyone happy with playing time. With that said, if you are going to play Britton at SS you have to have Humphries in there somewhere. You can not have Armstrong as the DH. He may be a guy who you pinch run or pinch hit with in certain situations. However with that said, this is the second game of the season and a ton of baseball is left. Humphries to me seems like a no brainer to play DH/3rd base but I could be wrong. Who knows?

MarketingBully01
02-15-2014, 11:17 PM
I think Humphries struggling to hot .200 in scrimmages is the reason he is not playing....or so is rumored

I am sure it is true and if so sucks. Some players don't shine in scrimmages but pour it on when the lights are on. You really have to get a bead on who these guys are. My take is that Humphries is a guy who shines when the lights are on.

Air of The Dawg
02-15-2014, 11:17 PM

Memo that.

Your are correct, sir. I have seen young men (boys) (coaches) practice and or play up to way above their dreams only to win a championship. Looking Back....Oh Yeah ! I'll take your side.

OldFatDog
02-15-2014, 11:38 PM

Memo to Cohen: do exactly what you are doing. **** these dumbasses on message boards.

Intramural All-American
02-15-2014, 11:48 PM
Detz would DH in the scenario we are talking about. Today and yesterday, he missed two balls hit to the hot corner that were hits that more then likely Humphries gets to. He does not have the range to be an elite 3rd baseman defensively. Why do you think Cohen trotted Frost out there last year? Because Frost had excellent range but we held our breath every time he threw the ball to first.
Oh I'm not defending Detz at third, I was just saying he needs to be in the lineup. That's why I put my statement at the end. It sounds like we agree. You don't need to try to make me understand your point, I understand it. But, if Detz is not going to DH, he needs to play 3rd.

MarketingBully01
02-16-2014, 12:00 AM
Oh I'm not defending Detz at third, I was just saying he needs to be in the lineup. That's why I put my statement at the end. It sounds like we agree. You don't need to try to make me understand your point, I understand it. But, if Detz is not going to DH, he needs to play 3rd.

Yes we agree, Detz would DH in our scenario. :)

War Machine Dawg
02-16-2014, 12:13 AM
If it were up to me I'd go with this lineup:

C: Garner/Randolph/Collins
1B: Rea
2B: Pirtle
SS: Britton
3B: Humphries
LF: Vickerson
CF: CT
RF: Henderson/Robson/Collins
DH: Detz/Garner/Humphries/Collins

We've got to get some "oomph" in the lineup, and Humphries & Garner both bring us that "oomph." Sub in Randolph late as a defensive replacement. Henderson is good, but I'd like to see more of Robson. The kid has looked pretty good going back to the end of last season. If Derek Armstrong plays any bigger role than pinch runner/defensive sub, Cohen should be fired immediately. He's fast as hell with a good glove, but he sucks at the plate. And as a Senior, he isn't likely to improve much. Also, carrying 4 catchers on the roster is ridiculous.

Todd4State
02-16-2014, 12:26 AM

We've got to get some "oomph" in the lineup, and Humphries & Garner both bring us that "oomph." Sub in Randolph late as a defensive replacement. Henderson is good, but I'd like to see more of Robson. The kid has looked pretty good going back to the end of last season. If Derek Armstrong plays any bigger role than pinch runner/defensive sub, Cohen should be fired immediately. He's fast as hell with a good glove, but he sucks at the plate. And as a Senior, he isn't likely to improve much. Also, carrying 4 catchers on the roster is ridiculous.

I like your lineup. I'm OK with carrying four catchers though. We lost Slauter and were pretty much down to Ammirati. That was scary to think what would/could have happened had Ammo gone down. But four is fine- especially since Collins can play a few other positions and Garner can DH.

Todd4State
02-16-2014, 12:31 AM
Well I'm sure that robson must have hit .700 in the scrimmages because he's the go to guy to punch hit. I like robson, but besides the walk off jam shot vs bama last year, he hasn't done much at the plate. The "rumor" is that they are trying to keep the Canadians happy and not have them leave.

I'm not sure why they would be unhappy. I think that rumor is partially true just because there has to be some concern since they are so far away from home, extra love may be needed as compared to a player from Jackson, MS. They are literally in a foreign country for goodness sakes.

I think both will play a good bit this year and Robson should start in CT's place and with Pirtle leaving, there's a very good chance that Hann plays second next year.

preachermatt83
02-16-2014, 12:37 AM
I just don't want to see Derrick Armstrong in the lineup... he is just not very good. I could not believe he was in the DH spot with so many other guys who can actually hit to choose from. Other than that I have no complaints. I think that Cohen will have the best possible lineup come SEC play. It may cost us a game or two in non-conference but if he uses those games to learn who his starters really are , and that's what he is doing, then im all for it. I think with Cohen, you will always see a team that plays better as the year progresses.

War Machine Dawg
02-16-2014, 12:39 AM
I like your lineup. I'm OK with carrying four catchers though. We lost Slauter and were pretty much down to Ammirati. That was scary to think what would/could have happened had Ammo gone down. But four is fine- especially since Collins can play a few other positions and Garner can DH.

Collins being a multi-position guy is pretty much the only reason I'm ok with carrying 4 catchers. Speaking of Collins, is his defense really as bad as it looked tonight or was that an aberration? The second WP he didn't get blocked was pretty routine. If I'm scoring, I have a hard time charging that one to Fitts.

Personally, I hope Garner can win the primary catching job. As you pointed out, he's the only other guy besides Humphries & Rea who has any real pop right now. I think Collins will in time, but don't know if it will be this year. And if Garner can't catch, then we'll have to settle for a time split with Detz/Humphries at 3B and Humphries/Garner at DH. That's not really an acceptable option to me unless Garner is just absolutely terrible at C.

ScottH
02-16-2014, 12:51 AM
does anybody remember how they spoiled our regional back in the late 80's? I was there...there pitcher threw loafer fastballs over the middle for called first strikes all day then curve balled us into K's the whole 17ing day.. never forget that ride back to memphis. was not enough alcohol in to drain the frustration. I never forgave polk for telling everybody to take that first strike... shit..

The things I recall about that game.
1. Hot as hell. Late morning game maybe?
2. Leggett was coaching WCU
3. Their pitcher was almost as round as he was tall.
4. I think his pitch count for the day was like 150.

MarketingBully01
02-16-2014, 12:57 AM
Collins being a multi-position guy is pretty much the only reason I'm ok with carrying 4 catchers. Speaking of Collins, is his defense really as bad as it looked tonight or was that an aberration? The second WP he didn't get blocked was pretty routine. If I'm scoring, I have a hard time charging that one to Fitts.

Personally, I hope Garner can win the primary catching job. As you pointed out, he's the only other guy besides Humphries & Rea who has any real pop right now. I think Collins will in time, but don't know if it will be this year. And if Garner can't catch, then we'll have to settle for a time split with Detz/Humphries at 3B and Humphries/Garner at DH. That's not really an acceptable option to me unless Garner is just absolutely terrible at C.

Would be interesting to see Garner catching, Detz DHing and Humphries at 3rd tomorrow. Could you imagine that lineup going forward added to Rea and Pirtle. We would blow WCU out for the finale. Would be awesome.

bully99
02-16-2014, 12:59 AM
The rumors about the Canadiens being unhappy goes back to last summer after the cws when people said they might transfer. Somebody claimed they loved it here.

Why is nobody talking about Cody Walker at catcher. He supposed to have the best arm and hit pretty well during scrimmages. I'd like to see him catch.

Todd4State
02-16-2014, 01:04 AM

Collins has some work to do behind the plate defensively. He missed some of the fall with an injury, which didn't help either. There's a reason why Cohen is playing Zach Randolph and it's not because he thinks he's just a good kid who works hard. It would not surprise me at all if we see Randolph come in as a defensive replacement after getting a couple of at bats out of Collins and Garner much like today.

I would not be shocked at all if Collins ends up getting moved to another position before his career is over at MSU. But we'll see how he progresses.

Todd4State
02-16-2014, 01:06 AM
The rumors about the Canadiens being unhappy goes back to last summer after the cws when people said they might transfer. Somebody claimed they loved it here.

Why is nobody talking about Cody Walker at catcher. He supposed to have the best arm and hit pretty well during scrimmages. I'd like to see him catch.

Walker will probably start tomorrow if I had to guess. That rumor sounds like people speculating more than anything because it was obvious that they weren't going to be clear cut starters this season. MSU fans being MSU fans.

MarketingBully01
02-16-2014, 01:08 AM

I'd go with this batting order from your lineup

1. Detz
2. Pirtle
3. Rea
4. Humphries
5. Garner
6. Bradford
7. Vickerson
8. Henderson/Robson
9. Britton

This would be a heck of a batting order IMO. Not too many holes at all there. And the bottom is protected a bit where Britton is the only truly weak hitter. This is a lineup that could compete for the SEC championship.

War Machine Dawg
02-16-2014, 01:23 AM
I'd go with this batting order from your lineup

1. Detz
2. Pirtle
3. Rea
4. Humphries
5. Garner
6. Bradford
7. Vickerson
8. Henderson/Robson
9. Britton

This would be a heck of a batting order IMO. Not too many holes at all there. And the bottom is protected a bit where Britton is the only truly weak hitter. This is a lineup that could compete for the SEC championship.

I'd do this:

1. Vickerson
2. Detz
3. Rea
4. Humphries
5. Garner
6. Pirtle
7. CT
8. Henderson/Robson
9. Britton

I want us to have SPEED at the top, and Vickerson gives us that. Detz in the 2-hole almost guarantees someone on base ahead of Rea. Then I bunch our boppers in the middle. I put Pirtle at 6 to give him more RBI opportunities. Other moves I'd consider are swapping Pirtle and Garner at 5-6. If CT is finally healthy and has his head right, I'd be open to batting him 1, moving Hendu/Robbie up to 7, and putting Vick at 8.

MarketingBully01
02-16-2014, 01:39 AM
I'd do this:

1. Vickerson
2. Detz
3. Rea
4. Humphries
5. Garner
6. Pirtle
7. CT
8. Henderson/Robson
9. Britton

I want us to have SPEED at the top, and Vickerson gives us that. Detz in the 2-hole almost guarantees someone on base ahead of Rea. Then I bunch our boppers in the middle. I put Pirtle at 6 to give him more RBI opportunities. Other moves I'd consider are swapping Pirtle and Garner at 5-6. If CT is finally healthy and has his head right, I'd be open to batting him 1, moving Hendu/Robbie up to 7, and putting Vick at 8.

Well anyway you look at it, that is a hard lineup to pitch to. This lineup would have the run potential of LSU's last year which is saying a lot. There weren't many sure outs in that lineup.

Jacksondevildog
02-16-2014, 09:15 AM
Like I said, it was a rumor. They wouldn't be the first players under Cohen to leave due to playing time issues.

engie
02-16-2014, 10:06 AM
These threads are redundant...

The first 2 months of the season will be COMPLETELY FILLED with "mind bottling" personnel decisions, lineups, pitching substitutions, etc... and this putting of "strange players into strange circumstances" is what has basically allowed us to outmanage everyone for the last month and in the postseason -- because Cohen knows "our team" situationally better than almost anyone else in the country. How does he know this? Because he uses the early season as his own experiment.

I seen it dawg
02-16-2014, 10:16 AM

The first 2 months of the season will be COMPLETELY FILLED with "mind bottling" personnel decisions, lineups, pitching substitutions, etc... and this putting of "strange players into strange circumstances" is what has basically allowed us to outmanage everyone for the last month and in the postseason -- because Cohen knows "our team" situationally better than almost anyone else in the country. How does he know this? Because he uses the early season as his own experiment.

Said alot more eloquently than I put it last night. Exactly what I meant. Looking forward to discussing baseball with you this year.

engie
02-16-2014, 10:36 AM
Would be interesting to see Garner catching, Detz DHing and Humphries at 3rd tomorrow.

In my head, I like this arrangement...That said, I liked the idea of putting Detz at the hole in our lineup that was second base for the first month and half last year(where he played in JUCO) -- and I liked the idea of Trey Porter being the DH no matter what.

Point being -- there was stuff going on there that we couldn't adequately process or understand from just watching games. After Pirtle made basically the whole fanbase look like morons during SEC and postseason play, it felt like a good time to stop questioning the personnel decisions and just roll with whatever they are doing -- and just call it experimentation in the early season.

We crash and burn a few times in a row in May/June where these personnel decisions backfire -- I'll hop back on the bandwagon that questions every lineup. Until then, I'm going to blindly trust what we're doing. 3 straight teams that dominated for the last month and overachieved at one stage or another of the postseason tell me this is the best approach to take to not be producing bumps in May with my thoughts in February.

DapperDawg
02-16-2014, 10:37 AM
I haven't watched or listened to a game. I've only read about the 2 games. But it looks like to me everyone is begging for Humphries - a true freshman with one at bat, a strike out in which he hit a long foul ball. What am I missing here? Why is everyone rock hard over a foul ball? I'm not knocking the kid, just wondering why he's being treated as MSU's backup quarterback.

engie
02-16-2014, 10:44 AM
I haven't watched or listened to a game. I've only read about the 2 games. But it looks like to me everyone is begging for Humphries - a true freshman with one at bat, a strike out in which he hit a long foul ball. What am I missing here? Why is everyone rock hard over a foul ball? I'm not knocking the kid, just wondering why he's being treated as MSU's backup quarterback.

Because of who his brother is and how hyped he was during recruitment(I believe he's the best, most ready-made HS position player we have signed under Cohen). And the fact that he was 11th in the country in homeruns last year in HS. Many of us feel that he has elite offensive potential as a true freshman. He has struggled in the spring scrimmages though. Mightily. After being our best hitter in the fall overall. I can understand why we would bring him along slowly.

I think the overriding fact is -- everyone just wants a chance to see him play on opening weekend after hearing so much hype about him. I think they probably get that chance today...

Will James
02-16-2014, 10:46 AM
In my head, I like this arrangement...That said, I liked the idea of putting Detz at the hole in our lineup that was second base for the first month and half last year(where he played in JUCO) -- and I liked the idea of Trey Porter being the DH no matter what.

Point being -- there was stuff going on there that we couldn't adequately process or understand from just watching games. After Pirtle made basically the whole fanbase look like morons during SEC and postseason play, it felt like a good time to stop questioning the personnel decisions and just roll with whatever they are doing -- and just call it experimentation in the early season.

We crash and burn a few times in a row in May/June where these personnel decisions backfire -- I'll hop back on the bandwagon that questions every lineup. Until then, I'm going to blindly trust what we're doing.

Agreed 99%. Rea needs to hit 4th though is my only issue. It's a fact that slot has more runners on base than any other and he is by far our biggest power threat.

Will James
02-16-2014, 10:48 AM
After being our best hitter in the fall overall.

He did have some ridiculous ~.600 BABIP this fall. Smallish sample size but that was outrageously high compared to everyone else.

Political Hack
02-16-2014, 11:15 AM

it's "mind bottling".

WeWonItAll(Most)
02-16-2014, 01:28 PM
Because he has the most consistent power on the team. Right now.

MarketingBully01
02-16-2014, 02:21 PM

Did you see that ball he hit? It wasn't really even a full swing and he knocked the crap out of it. The ump gave that pitcher a hell of a wide strike zone too. The two strikes Humphries didn't swing at should have been balls so he doesn't just swing at anything. That umps zone yesterday was terribly inconsistent. It wouldn't surprise me if Humphries is the guy to get our first home run as well. He has the mechanics already for it.

DapperDawg
02-16-2014, 03:38 PM
So Humphries' first 3 collegiate at bats are strike outs. But he hit a bomb foul ball! Looks like he has a ways to go.

DogDaddy
02-17-2014, 09:01 AM

Walker will redshirt.

dickiedawg
02-17-2014, 10:25 AM
Why is everyone rock hard over a foul ball?

I laughed.
That foul ball was absolutely crushed. But I think it's more than one at-bat that has people excited about him. He was our most talked-about recruit and lots of folks had him penciled in as a day-one starter.

That said, I believe Detz belongs in the lineup every day.