PDA

View Full Version : Gavin Ware

MetEdDawg
02-15-2014, 07:09 PM
After watching the last few basketball games, I can't imagine being Gavin Ware watching this offense. Dude works his ass off to get himself in position to make a move early in the shot clock and we never get him the ball. Only guy that ever attempts to get him the ball on a regular basis is Cunningham. Ware has to be the most beaten down of the group right now because he rarely gets shots. He only took 7 shots (I know some don't count because he got fouled on a few), in a game where we scored 82 points and a couple of those were put back tip attempts that weren't even his shot to begin with. I know he got 15 points but we have to get him the ball more.

People say he isn't that good and needs a lot of work and I agree his shot does need some more work. But when you go up against Borchert and Roq Johnson in practice, there really isn't much he can do to get better in game situations except to get reps during the game against a true big man. We have got to actively look for him earlier in the shot clock when he flashes or gets deep on his man and work inside out. We can do it when he is in but we've got to make a bigger effort to get him the ball when he gets position.

mic
02-15-2014, 07:18 PM
After watching the last few basketball games, I can't imagine being Gavin Ware watching this offense. Dude works his ass off to get himself in position to make a move early in the shot clock and we never get him the ball. Only guy that ever attempts to get him the ball on a regular basis is Cunningham. Ware has to be the most beaten down of the group right now because he rarely gets shots. He only took 7 shots (I know some don't count because he got fouled on a few), in a game where we scored 82 points and a couple of those were put back tip attempts that weren't even his shot to begin with. I know he got 15 points but we have to get him the ball more.

People say he isn't that good and needs a lot of work and I agree his shot does need some more work. But when you go up against Borchert and Roq Johnson in practice, there really isn't much he can do to get better in game situations except to get reps during the game against a true big man. We have got to actively look for him earlier in the shot clock when he flashes or gets deep on his man and work inside out. We can do it when he is in but we've got to make a bigger effort to get him the ball when he gets position.

Good post.. U can tell Gavin was taught well in high school. (Thanks Gregg Carter) Ware will be much better next esp if Ndoye can do anything offensively next year Gavins numbers will go up. Plus he wont have to guard the 5 so much and get wore down. He can get more rest .. He has great touch from the line for a young big man.. I bet he extends his range a little next year also 10-15 foot jumpers.. We just need more bodies inside to help him..

Esmerelda Villalobos
02-15-2014, 07:22 PM
They tried like hell to get him the ball all game. We turned it over every time because we cant even complete a simple pass

Dawg61
02-15-2014, 10:09 PM
I like Gavin because he works hard but his defense needs to improve a lot. He's very slow to react on D and it results in constant layups. He's not the only one lacking in this area. He's top 3 on the team talent wise.

Coach34
02-15-2014, 10:21 PM
He's also going against Daniels and the African everyday in practice

He should have an easier go of it next year with some help. Ware has come a long way in 2 years

Dawg61
02-15-2014, 11:01 PM
I prefer Baby Giraffe over The African as a nickname. Btw have you seen his new highlight tape yet?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6T6ms3utP5k&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D6T6ms3utP5k

mic
02-15-2014, 11:30 PM
Our post and perimeter defense will be much better next year if Nydoe can do anything on the defensive end. Im not saying he is Verando by any means but its a HUGE difference when you have a big shot blocker guarding the lane and the basket..
Gavin wont have to guard the 5 all the time.. hell if Roc plays with both bigs in the game he can actually defend the 3..

biggun
02-16-2014, 05:57 AM
Gavin also has maybe a 5 inch vertical jump which is why everyone plays their post players behind him, he can't shoot over anybody anywhere close to his size!!!

Lets get real, Gavin does not start for any other SEC school not named MSU which is also why he is so easily contained and shut down by just about every conference foe we play!!!! The fact that that he plays "Ravern Johnson" defense does not help his cause either. He is average to below average talent wise, just like our entire team which is why we are getting drilled every game, WE HAVE ZERO TALENT!!!!!