PDA

View Full Version : OK....for all you bitching about the game tonight.....

Goat Holder
02-15-2014, 01:25 AM
I'll just inundate you with some truth.

- Our bats weren't the problem (as evidenced by the last 2 innings). The damn WCU pitcher was too good for us. He's as good as anybody we'll face. I watched it in person and saw the movement, his shit was damn near un-hittable. He and he alone was the difference in the game. He was grooving all sorts of curveballs in there for strikes. He made ALL our batters look stupid....think about that. You all know our batters don't suck.

- Really the only negative I can take away, besides the fact that it's a loss which sucks, is that I hope Woodruff's mind isn't all f*cked up.

- I probably wouldn't have substituted the way Cohen did at the end, but let's face it we were lucky as shit to be in that position. WCU deserved that game and earned the win.

- I am simply amazed every time I see Real Deal Mitchell pitch.

So enough with the bitching. You don't know what you're talking about. I'm not trying to make excuses. Win the next two and you've won a tough series. So spare me the "We're supposed to beat Western Carolina" crap. And look at it like this, maybe this game knocked the cockiness out of them.

BogeyGolfer
02-15-2014, 08:23 AM
It's like the Rams beating the Patriots in preseason football it doesn't mean a 17ing thing... Wake me up when the weather is warm in mid April and games start to matter.

rabbitthedawg
02-15-2014, 08:40 AM
It's like the Rams beating the Patriots in preseason football it doesn't mean a 17ing thing... Wake me up when the weather is warm in mid April and games start to matter.

I too was at the game and the WCU pitcher was lights out! He could have pitched for the Braves! I kept thinking, "if we can stay close we'll win it in 8th or 9th!" It almost happened! WCU getting that 3rd run was the killer! To say it was like the Pats beating the Rams is just nit true! That kid pitching was that good!

maroonmania
02-15-2014, 09:35 AM
I too was at the game and the WCU pitcher was lights out! He could have pitched for the Braves! I kept thinking, "if we can stay close we'll win it in 8th or 9th!" It almost happened! WCU getting that 3rd run was the killer! To say it was like the Pats beating the Rams is just nit true! That kid pitching was that good!

And the sad part was on that 3rd run for WC the hitter took strike 3 on the pitch from Mitchell right before he got the hit to knock in the run but the ump didn't give us the call. Just shows the margin between winning and losing in a game like that. But yes, that WC pitcher was as good as any pitcher I've seen in college baseball lately.

bully99
02-15-2014, 09:38 AM
I don't know if he's as good as anybody we'll face this year. Nola from lsu, Bedee vandy, there are a lot of good pitchers state will face.

Saltydog
02-15-2014, 10:22 AM
We did that way too many times. It was unhittable when he threw it for strikes but no way in hell we hit it when it's outta the zone.......

Intramural All-American
02-15-2014, 11:01 AM
Call me crazy, but I didn't want to see Henderson pulled. The kid has a knack for clutch hits. Also, I would have pinch hit heck for Robson rather than Britton. But I'm not the coach, and he admittedly is a better coach than I am. But I agree with everything you said. We played a good team and got beat. It's 1 game of 55. No need to overreact. I'm very confident we will still take 2 of 3.

Coach34
02-15-2014, 11:42 AM
It's early and Cohen is going to use people in all kinds of spots- he does it every year.

And thats why we play our best ball at the end of every season

preachermatt83
02-15-2014, 12:37 PM
I'll just inundate you with some truth.

- Our bats weren't the problem (as evidenced by the last 2 innings). The damn WCU pitcher was too good for us. He's as good as anybody we'll face. I watched it in person and saw the movement, his shit was damn near un-hittable. He and he alone was the difference in the game. He was grooving all sorts of curveballs in there for strikes. He made ALL our batters look stupid....think about that. You all know our batters don't suck.

- Really the only negative I can take away, besides the fact that it's a loss which sucks, is that I hope Woodruff's mind isn't all f*cked up.

- I probably wouldn't have substituted the way Cohen did at the end, but let's face it we were lucky as shit to be in that position. WCU deserved that game and earned the win.

- I am simply amazed every time I see Real Deal Mitchell pitch.

So enough with the bitching. You don't know what you're talking about. I'm not trying to make excuses. Win the next two and you've won a tough series. So spare me the "We're supposed to beat Western Carolina" crap. And look at it like this, maybe this game knocked the cockiness out of them.

YES!!! A million times yes! this is the post of 2014 thus far. I agree with every word you said... minus the few vulgarities of course. lol.

maroonmania
02-15-2014, 01:27 PM
Call me crazy, but I didn't want to see Henderson pulled. The kid has a knack for clutch hits. Also, I would have pinch hit heck for Robson rather than Britton. But I'm not the coach, and he admittedly is a better coach than I am. But I agree with everything you said. We played a good team and got beat. It's 1 game of 55. No need to overreact. I'm very confident we will still take 2 of 3.

Or what about a pinch hit opportunity for Humphreys there at the end? We stayed with all lefty-lefty matchups at the end of the 9th until we PH Heck for Britton. I thought Humphreys was our stud freshman recruit. Is he just not hitting in practice?

Pollodawg
02-15-2014, 01:31 PM
What OP said.

Intramural All-American
02-15-2014, 01:45 PM
Or what about a pinch hit opportunity for Humphreys there at the end? We stayed with all lefty-lefty matchups at the end of the 9th until we PH Heck for Britton. I thought Humphreys was our stud freshman recruit. Is he just not hitting in practice?

Yea I forgot to add that in what I was saying. If we were going to do the lefty/righty matchup, why not do it with both of the lefties. My initial post was intended as put heck in for Robson and then see what happened. If it was still needed to have a matchup sub when Britton came up then we could sub in another rightie. So basically I agree with you.

mparkerfd20
02-15-2014, 01:46 PM
One constant on elitedawgs...those bitching about game play and those bitching about bitching. We are elite bitchers!

TheRef
02-15-2014, 03:25 PM
One constant on elitedawgs...those bitching about game play and those bitching about bitching. We are elite bitchers!

At least we can voice our opinion here for the most part. It could be worse.