PDA

View Full Version : AR15

hells bells
02-15-2014, 12:33 AM
I have been shopping AR's for several months. Any recommendations on a manufacture in regards to expense and quality? Not a rookie with guns but this is a new arena.

HereComesTheSpiral
02-17-2014, 08:23 PM
All my experience is with Colt. I hear DPMS is a good one and you cant go wrong with S&W. If you have any cop/military buddies, look around gun shops and you might be able to get a good deal. You can also build your own for about $500-$600.

rdnkkicker
02-18-2014, 06:03 AM
I'm a huge fan of the S&W.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
02-18-2014, 09:49 AM
Good thing you waited until after the scare, the prices have gone down considerably. You can find just about everything you need to know here: http://www.ar15.com/forums/b/3_.html

Bullmutt
02-18-2014, 12:23 PM
This is slightly off-topic, guys, but may be of interest to some. It has just come out in the Alabama press that Remington is relocating the bulk of it's employee workforce, including most research functions, from NY to Alabama. It supposedly will involve 2,000 jobs. I think their AR!% is called the Bushmaster. No idea how this move might affect availability/pricing. Love to see the anti-gun states continue to shoot themselves in the foot (pun intended).

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
02-18-2014, 12:31 PM
This is slightly off-topic, guys, but may be of interest to some. It has just come out in the Alabama press that Remington is relocating the bulk of it's employee workforce, including most research functions, from NY to Alabama. It supposedly will involve 2,000 jobs. I think their AR!% is called the Bushmaster. No idea how this move might affect availability/pricing. Love to see the anti-gun states continue to shoot themselves in the foot (pun intended).
Yeah, I all but wrote off Remington after the BS they pulled by staying in New York. It appears they learned how important 2nd amendment rights were to people and that gun owners wouldn't support a business that operated in an anti-gun state.

hells bells
02-18-2014, 01:46 PM
Yeah, I all but wrote off Remington after the BS they pulled by staying in New York. It appears they learned how important 2nd amendment rights were to people and that gun owners wouldn't support a business that operated in an anti-gun state.

This is great information. Thank you so much for your responses.

TUSK
02-21-2014, 07:21 PM
I have been shopping AR's for several months. Any recommendations on a manufacture in regards to expense and quality? Not a rookie with guns but this is a new arena.

another vote for SW.... i've had two and both were very affordable ~$800, reliable, and accurate!

DownwardDawg
03-04-2014, 10:43 AM
I have a DPMS and it has been great.

Offshore Dawg
03-14-2014, 05:59 PM
Being left handed I have two STAG arms AR's. one with a 16" bbl, the other 24" bull bbl with match grade trigger. It is a one hole shooter.