PDA

View Full Version : ESPN's Jason King on Rick Ray and the basketball team

Coach34
05-02-2013, 11:17 AM
Mississippi State Bulldogs:

The Bulldogs may finish near the bottom of the league once again, but I'm still banking on this team getting better under Rick Ray, who did a remarkable job during his inaugural season in Starkville. I know, I know. Mississippi State went just 10-22, but I don't know if I've ever seen a roster that was as snakebitten by injuries, player defections and suspensions. By the end of the season, Ray was forced to play managers and walk-ons that he plucked from a group of regular schmoes who practiced against the school's women's team. Yet somehow, Ray managed to beat Ole Miss, South Carolina and Auburn in the final few weeks of the season. During a time when everything could've completely fallen apart, the Bulldogs actually got better. They'll continue to do so in 2013-14.

Dont tell that to the Stands sheep- they will have a fit

PMDawg
05-02-2013, 12:32 PM
I don't care one way or the other, and Ray has my full support - BUT, you do know that this is just one guy's opinion, right?

It's an opinion I happen to agree with, but it's still an opinion at this point.

Coach34
05-02-2013, 01:38 PM
It's happens to be a very popular opinion from those that look at the situation objectively

Ronny
05-02-2013, 04:04 PM
..beat an ole miss team that should have been ahead by 30 points at halftime.

I don't know what Ray's future with MSU will be, but watching his under-talented scrubs take it to those arrogant pricks in that game @ Starkville will always stand a top achievement in MSU sports lore.

fishwater99
05-03-2013, 08:54 AM
If next years team continues to improve and Ray can get some good recruits in the door and on the floor, we will be back to the NCAA in two more years...

msstate7
05-03-2013, 09:17 AM
If next years team continues to improve and Ray can get some good recruits in the door and on the floor, we will be back to the NCAA in two more years...

I'm with you. I'm really hoping for the nit this year. If our young core (ware, sword, and Thomas) continues to progress, I think we could have a really good team by the time they're seniors. I look for much better free throw shooting from chicken and better perimeter shooting from Thomas this year. Ware is going to be an absolute beast this year.