PDA

View Full Version : radio network is a joke

bully99
02-14-2014, 07:22 PM
Once again our baseball game is nowhere to be found , but in the Jackson area, but you can damn well be sure that the ole miss game is on the radio now. Opening day and stricklin and Ellis can't even put the damn game on free radio. This shit has been going on for years. And don't tell me to buy the damn thing.

FlabLoser
02-14-2014, 09:21 PM
Not Strick's call. Local stations decide to air it or not.

Skydawg1
02-14-2014, 09:28 PM
Here's a list of games broadcast over the statewide MSU baseball network vs the "local" (french camp, or whomever) station.

http://www.hailstate.com/fls/16800/pdf/bb/bb_14bcastsched.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=16800

Sunday's game should be aired in Jackson.

Cowbells
02-14-2014, 09:59 PM
It's not on any radio station that I've found. I'm listening on Twitter. Totally unacceptable.

The Croom Diaries
02-14-2014, 10:15 PM
You might be able to find it on I heart radio or tunein radio app. I know you said you didn't want to buy it but I think the audio package is something like $12 for the whole season. I bet you could find a way to swing that.

drunkernhelldawg
02-14-2014, 10:46 PM
I think it is our fault. There's got to be a way to make sure your game is on the air, at least in the most populated areas of the state.My theory is they're too advanced to care about old-fashioned radio. We're just not cool enough.

bully99
02-14-2014, 10:51 PM
Yes it is stricklin and Ellis fault. It was a local broadcast only, so stations didn't have the opportunity to carry it. From what I understand they also blackout the local broadcast from the internet. So if you want to listen you have to buy the state package.

Political Hack
02-14-2014, 11:00 PM
Yes it is stricklin and Ellis fault. It was a local broadcast only, so stations didn't have the opportunity to carry it. From what I understand they also blackout the local broadcast from the internet. So if you want to listen you have to buy the state package.

money, money, money, muuuuuuh nay.... Muhhhhh Naaay

bully99
02-14-2014, 11:21 PM
But hack, you came through on play by play and no commercials. Thanks

tcdog70
02-15-2014, 11:32 AM
They Money thing worked really well with the RESEATING of the Hump. It killed support and atmosphere. Now they want stab baseball in the heart..At some point they have to try and preserve our Fan Base, without bleeding the average fan. If our leaders would worry more about the product on our playing fields rather than Money in the bank then we can have the best of both Worlds.

TheDogFather
02-15-2014, 11:54 AM
Can guarantee Stricklin wanted the game aired far more than you do.

msstate7
02-15-2014, 12:07 PM
Can guarantee Stricklin wanted the game aired far more than you do.

Well who stopped it?

bully99
02-15-2014, 12:19 PM
Even lsu has a station in Jackson that carries their game and they carry more lsu games when not carrying high school sports than state does. I wish people would quit making excuses for stricklin.

WPDawg
02-15-2014, 12:34 PM
Even lsu has a station in Jackson that carries their game and they carry more lsu games when not carrying high school sports than state does. I wish people would quit making excuses for stricklin.

Its easy to bitch about everything. It would be a better read if you wrote about what you have done individually to try and get your local station to carry the MSU games. Did you check on this a few months ago last week or just last night? Have you contacted the radio station and told them you want them to broadcast the games? told them that you are suporting x y and z advertisers so that the games can be broadcast? Have you called MSU athletics and asked them what you can do to help add a station/games ? Maybe if you had some postive actions to share, other people would do the same. next thing you know maybe you have started a local revolution and the radio station starts broadcasting the games....

bully99
02-15-2014, 12:50 PM
I've called the radio station and they say they can't air it unless it's a network broadcast.

drunkernhelldawg
02-15-2014, 03:36 PM
Its easy to bitch about everything. It would be a better read if you wrote about what you have done individually to try and get your local station to carry the MSU games. Did you check on this a few months ago last week or just last night? Have you contacted the radio station and told them you want them to broadcast the games? told them that you are suporting x y and z advertisers so that the games can be broadcast? Have you called MSU athletics and asked them what you can do to help add a station/games ? Maybe if you had some postive actions to share, other people would do the same. next thing you know maybe you have started a local revolution and the radio station starts broadcasting the games....

What a joke. Don't we have an Athletic Department with people paid to take care of these things?

This reminds me of the blame-the-victim mentality that is so prevalent today. It usually happens to shooting victims, but it's handy when any excuse is needed.

bully99
02-15-2014, 04:01 PM
What I can't understand is why is there is a network/nonnetwork mentality. Allow every station that wants to carry the games to do so. Or allow the games to be streamed from the local station that carries it for free. Amazing the lack of leadership in our athletic department. Memories of Lar.

Political Hack
02-15-2014, 04:11 PM
on a positive note, HailState TV worked great. very impressed with it after dumping it several years ago.

bully99
02-15-2014, 04:15 PM
Hack are you giving updates today.

drunkernhelldawg
02-15-2014, 04:17 PM
What I can't understand is why is there is a network/nonnetwork mentality. Allow every station that wants to carry the games to do so. Or allow the games to be streamed from the local station that carries it for free. Amazing the lack of leadership in our athletic department. Memories of Lar.

This isn't a new issue either. It seems like basketball broadcasts are finally reliable on 104.9 on the coast, but several games over the last few years have been preempted by USM games or other things.

WPDawg
02-15-2014, 04:20 PM
What a joke. Don't we have an Athletic Department with people paid to take care of these things?

This reminds me of the blame-the-victim mentality that is so prevalent today. It usually happens to shooting victims, but it's handy when any excuse is needed.
If there is nobody asking for the product (buying) then the product doesnt get put on the shelf. You want them to call everybody in the state and ask if they want the games on their local radio. There have never been a lot of early season games put out by the network. If you wanted that to change then do something pro active.