PDA

View Full Version : Starter for W. Carolina

preachermatt83
02-14-2014, 05:32 PM
the supposed starter for W. Carolina tonight has a beast of a stat line...

WESTERN CAROLINA STARTING PITCHER: Jeremy Null, Jr., RHP - (9-2, 3.36 ERA, 14 starts, 91 IP, 109 K, 27 BB)

that's 109 k's and only 27 walks in 91 innings. he also avgs almost seven innings per start.. That is really impressive.

The Croom Diaries
02-14-2014, 05:35 PM
He was the Southern Conference pitcher of the year last year. It will be interesting to see how far he goes in this game with it being the first game of the year, and them likely relishing any chance to win against us.

Rick Danko
02-14-2014, 05:41 PM
I would like to take this time to say I am in no way a baseball expert, but I have played before and have some knowledge of the game.

That said... To some of the more emotional fans out there, the season is long, there will be ups and downs, Cohen is going to make a call that will have everyone screaming "What the ****", we are possibly going to have a close game tonight, and we stand a chance to lose a game this series.

Please remain calm, for the sake of your health and sanity, and let shit play out.

Sorry if Germans but needed to be said. Go Dawgs!

bully99
02-14-2014, 06:06 PM
Virginia found out today what a top of the line pitcher can do.

Todd4State
02-14-2014, 07:30 PM
If you want to be good, you have to beat good people.

preachermatt83
02-14-2014, 11:07 PM
he was even better than I thought he was gonna be. Good grief. That guy was placing everything.

maroonmania
02-14-2014, 11:41 PM
he was even better than I thought he was gonna be. Good grief. That guy was placing everything.

Yep, if he hadn't lost control in the 9th we would have never scored. Wish we had a starter or two like him. And that brings me to my bigger concern which is that we may have the same problem as last year, no dependable starting pitching. Brandon Woodruff looked rough tonight and had NO command of his pitches. We accomplished a lot last year without much starting pitching, I don't really prefer to try and do it that way again.

preachermatt83
02-15-2014, 12:41 PM
woody was overthrowing... big time. He was trying to pitch like a closer rather than a starter. I just hope he comes around and that it was just he was too juiced.

bully99
02-15-2014, 01:19 PM
Thing that worries me is Woody has lost confidence and if he walks two straight in his next game, he'll get pulled, never to see the mound again. Cohen is a pretty ruthless coach when it comes to that type of situation.

preachermatt83
02-15-2014, 01:23 PM
Thing that worries me is Woody has lost confidence and if he walks two straight in his next game, he'll get pulled, never to see the mound again. Cohen is a pretty ruthless coach when it comes to that type of situation.

and he should be. Butch is the same way. If woody has got a confidence issue it will show itself next time out.