PDA

View Full Version : OT: Valentines Edition.....Question...

BogeyGolfer
02-14-2014, 08:21 AM
Since it's Valentines Day, does your old lady watch MSU sports with you? Is it a hobby you both enjoy? There is a fine line between having a wife or gf that is a fan and one that is annoying. My wife doesn't give two shits about sports hence I'm able to take " guy" trips to away games etc... Often times it's just buddies and me who make the trip to home games. I'm glad! I don't think I would want her with me yelling and screaming at shit she doesn't understand. I'm not faulting anyone who brings women to games, I'm just saying I'm glad mine doesn't want to tag along to every game no more than I want to go with her shopping. We find other things to do together... An old timer told me one time on the golf course to never start playing golf with your wife, worst mistake he ever made! I got the email from Hail State advertising "date night" tonight at DNF and thought no way my old lady would go for that and I'm kinda of glad!

Political Hack
02-14-2014, 08:35 AM
both. she'll watch basketball and baseball only if it's State, but she'll pretty much watch any football. I go by myself and with the family to games. best of both worlds.

FlabLoser
02-14-2014, 08:37 AM
My wife goes to football games with me. But she has a hard time watching on TV because she's too stressed about it.

Not being big basketball fans, she can watch MSU basketball and be like "oh well" if we lose.

dickiedawg
02-14-2014, 08:37 AM
My wife loves MSU sports, and I've always considered myself lucky that we share that interest. When we were first dating, that was the main thing we did together. I've always told her the day I knew she was "the one" was when she explained to my mom what a fielder's choice meant.

There have been times when I wanted to take a guy trip somewhere and she normally wants to go, but in general it's great. We spend a lot of time either at games or watching them on TV, and spending it together sure beats having to fun other crap we enjoy together. I'd feel guilty being as wrapped up as I am if it meant that much more time apart.

DawgHouseUnited
02-14-2014, 09:16 AM
My wife enjoys going to games with me, but outside of that, she's only mildly interested in sports. I'm very glad that we share that- the excitement, the emotion, spending time together.. Even if she does giggle at my yelling & the blisters from ringing my cowbell.

Esmerelda Villalobos
02-14-2014, 09:19 AM
She goes to game with me but doesnt care or know what is going on. She stays home if I tell her to.
Whatever makes me happy

TheRef
02-14-2014, 09:21 AM
My woman and I are both all MSU. She will watch just about any sport and will ask questions if she doesn't understand after the game. She enjoys it though, and I enjoy going with her. She gets embarrassed with my antics during basketball games, so I've toned it down a lot since Freshman year.

RossDawg82
02-14-2014, 09:21 AM
When my wife was my GF while we were at state she led me to believe that she was a big sports fan especially a state fan. Once the interview process was over and we got married it became apparent that she really doesn't care for sports at all.

starkvegasdawg
02-14-2014, 09:32 AM
My wife likes watching MSU basketball and that was a lot of our early dates. However, she doesn't give a wet fart about football. Has absolutely no clue what is going on. Knows what a touchdown and a field goal is but don't start asking questions beyond that. I tell her it's 3rd and 7 and I get a deer in the headlight stare. No clue what that means. She has gone to a couple of football games with me. Loves the atmosphere and all the excitement. Just has no clue what is going on down on the field. Kind of like me if I was watching hockey.

spiritual_machine2005
02-14-2014, 09:44 AM
My wife has gone to a few games with me, but she would rather stay home and ill just go with my brother. She will sit and watch a game with me if she ain't got anything else to do, but she really doesn't care, and usually laughs at me when I get so worked up about games.

Pollodawg
02-14-2014, 10:02 AM
My wife was raised in an LSU family. But she is a State girl now. She loves going to football games, but here's the funny part to me, enjoys the fly over as much as she enjoys the game.

SignalToNoise
02-14-2014, 10:04 AM
She loves MSU football and baseball. Neither of us really care for basketball so it works out.

LC Dawg
02-14-2014, 10:06 AM
My wife is an MC grad but she is now all Bulldog. Sports aren't her thing but she goes to a lot of games with me. Out of the big three sports football is her least favorite. She sometimes stays at the tailgate during football games which is fine with me because I don't constantly have to explain what the hell is going on.

Pollodawg
02-14-2014, 10:09 AM
My wife is an MC grad but she is now all Bulldog. Sports aren't her thing but she goes to a lot of games with me. Out of the big three sports football is her least favorite. She sometimes stays at the tailgate during football games which is fine with me because I don't constantly have to explain what the hell is going on.

My mom's like that. Me and dad are glued to the tv, not missing a second. All the while, she is sitting there and going: "Whose got the ball. Where are they at. Is that a three and out or did he catch that. Where's that QB that likes to run it?"

Us: "Go prune some roses, mom. We'll tell you how it comes out."

J-Dawg
02-14-2014, 10:20 AM
When my wife was my GF while we were at state she led me to believe that she was a big sports fan especially a state fan. Once the interview process was over and we got married it became apparent that she really doesn't care for sports at all.

Glad I'm not the only one whose fell for it!!

trob115
02-14-2014, 10:27 AM
My wife actually is a huge Mississippi State sports fan. I consider myself lucky that she wants to go to baseball, basketball, and football games. We are lucky enough to be season ticket holders in all 3 sports. I think baseball is probably our favorite sport to go watch though. Last year's trip to Omaha was a blast. I am hoping we get to make a return trip this year.

The Croom Diaries
02-14-2014, 10:31 AM

Ha, I know the feeling. I dated my wife in college and she loved going to basketball and baseball games - now she has a seething hatred of basketball and couldn't care less about baseball, she had no real interest that we played for a national championship last year. That part is the worst because I want to see every game but she doesn't so I get the "why don't you want to spend time with your family" guilt trip. Football games she'll watch and get into, and is just as animated as I am for Auburn, Alabama and Ole Miss games.

LC Dawg
02-14-2014, 10:53 AM
My mom's like that. Me and dad are glued to the tv, not missing a second. All the while, she is sitting there and going: "Whose got the ball. Where are they at. Is that a three and out or did he catch that. Where's that QB that likes to run it?"

Us: "Go prune some roses, mom. We'll tell you how it comes out."

Sometimes my wife's lack of knowledge lets me impress her. At this year's Egg Bowl I was sitting there seething right before halftime. She asked me what was wrong and I told her we were about to f*** up this punt and let them score. She scolded me for being so negative and 30 seconds later she was looking at me like I was a genius.

Vandownbytheriver
02-14-2014, 10:59 AM
Mine loves watching football and going to the games. She's an Ole Miss grad and will watch their games like I do if State isn't on at the same time. She pulls for State even in the Egg Bowl. We used to go to games at both places, but she fell in love with the atmosphere at State and got tired of dealing with drunk Ole Miss fans here. Especially when we had kids. Baseball and basketball she just doesn't get. Oddly enough, she really likes hockey though.

DawgHouseUnited
02-14-2014, 11:03 AM
Oddly enough, she really likes hockey though.

My wife likes hockey! She gets into the rough play, she just has trouble keeping up with the puck... Unfortunately we didn't make it to any of the State hockey games this year, which is a shame.

Vandownbytheriver
02-14-2014, 11:19 AM
She's all excited about the Olympics. She will watch the World Cup with me as well. We usually go to bars to watch those games and she's into it anytime the USMNT is playing.