PDA

View Full Version : More trouble on the plantation

slickdawg
02-13-2014, 03:11 PM
WCBI has confirmed Ole Miss defensive end Channing Ward was convicted of DUI in Monroe County Justice Court on Wednesday.

#FaithBased

slickdawg
02-13-2014, 03:17 PM
Ward was arrested on January 19th and charged with DUI, no proof of insurance and a proper equipment malfunction

engie
02-13-2014, 03:17 PM
Just saw it...

Isaac Gross is the gem of the elite 2012 DL class in MS thusfar. I don't think anyone saw that coming...

As of today, 7 of the top 10 in MS in 2012 have been virtual busts, while Gross is the only one that has actually accomplished alot on the field.

http://my.jetscreenshot.com/demo/m_20140213-3cel-49kb.jpg (http://my.jetscreenshot.com/demo/20140213-3cel-49kb)

starkvegasdawg
02-13-2014, 03:21 PM
WCBI has confirmed Ole Miss defensive end Channing Ward was convicted of DUI in Monroe County Justice Court on Wednesday.

#FaithBased

I'm sure he was hammered out of love.

On a side note, I love how it is not made public until he is convicted. Had this been a MSU player it woudld have been a front page above the fold story on the Clarion Ledger before the red handcuff marks had disappeared from his wrists.

Gen. Grant
02-13-2014, 03:26 PM
I wonder if Freeze is going to fight for his soul? Maybe an exorcism is in order.

AFDawg
02-13-2014, 03:27 PM
** NAFOOM says Liggins is a better QB than Dak, so I'm not sure we can count him as a bust.

Todd4State
02-13-2014, 03:28 PM
I'm sure he was leaving communion.

TheRef
02-13-2014, 03:29 PM
He will have to attend two classes and pay a $1,451 fine.

Coach34
02-13-2014, 03:33 PM
Kellenberger is too busy reporting about their "elite" baseball program to notice Anything else

Todd4State
02-13-2014, 03:34 PM
Just saw it...

Isaac Gross is the gem of the elite 2012 DL class in MS thusfar. I don't think anyone saw that coming...

As of today, 7 of the top 10 in MS in 2012 have been virtual busts, while Gross is the only one that has actually accomplished alot on the field.

http://my.jetscreenshot.com/demo/m_20140213-3cel-49kb.jpg (http://my.jetscreenshot.com/demo/20140213-3cel-49kb)

That's sad considering that Gross's numbers declined last year.

Gen. Grant
02-13-2014, 03:34 PM
Huge Freeze and his message are a joke. He is nothing but a cheap tele-evangelist, and this is just further proof that it is all a cheap scam that he runs on vulnerable parents of recruits. #faithbased

slickdawg
02-13-2014, 03:35 PM
They sure did a stellar job keeping this quiet.

If one of our guys does something, some of our fans are by gawd determined to be FIRST and report it.

Johnson85
02-13-2014, 03:37 PM
Just saw it...

Damn. that's bad even for Mississippi. So basically Gross has probably over achieved, A.J Jefferson and Richie Brown are making normal progress, Alford is a bust at qb but has the athleticism and remaining eligibility to make it as a safety, Channing Ward is not progressing b/c he can't understand the playbook but is ok otherwise? Nick James is not progressing b/c of off field issues but maybe is figuring it out?, and Liggins could still potentially figure things out at as defensive player but is running out of eligibility, and Quay Evans is a bust for college. That's shittastic. No clue about Cowan and Grindle. Did Grindle leave the team?

blacklistedbully
02-13-2014, 03:40 PM
Wonder if Bucky will bench Ward at the start of tis coming season. Mullen benched Dixon for a DUI.

Todd4State
02-13-2014, 03:43 PM
Damn. that's bad even for Mississippi. So basically Gross has probably over achieved, A.J Jefferson and Richie Brown are making normal progress, Alford is a bust at qb but has the athleticism and remaining eligibility to make it as a safety, Channing Ward is not progressing b/c he can't understand the playbook but is ok otherwise? Nick James is not progressing b/c of off field issues but maybe is figuring it out?, and Liggins could still potentially figure things out at as defensive player but is running out of eligibility, and Quay Evans is a bust for college. That's shittastic. No clue about Cowan and Grindle. Did Grindle leave the team?

It should be noted that Richie Brown had more tackles and one less sack than Gross in a reserve role last year as a redshirt freshman. He and AJ should improve. Based on what I have heard, Nick James should have a good season next year. Ward is probably done at Ole Miss, but we'll see. Grindle left the team his freshman year.

There's still time for most of these guys to turn things around and some like Richie and Nick will continue to progress and be very good contributors.

Todd4State
02-13-2014, 03:43 PM
Wonder if Bucky will bench Ward at the start of tis coming season. Mullen benched Dixon for a DUI.

Considering he doesn't start- I think he might.

BeardoMSU
02-13-2014, 03:48 PM
I'm sure he was hammered out of love.

You apparently haven't heard the new hit "Drunk in Love". I'm sure OM will make it their pregame tune. Ward must'a been "grindin' on that wood" a bit too much....

http://cdn03.cdnwp.thefrisky.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/13/beyonce-new-album33.gif

Political Hack
02-13-2014, 03:53 PM
The CL doesn't deem an OM player arrest news worthy... while a politically incorrect tweet from one of our players gets play.

Unreal. There's no way they didn't know about this already.

messageboardsuperhero
02-13-2014, 04:05 PM
And Hugh Kellenberger is still silent. It's funny how it took the Columbus local news station to break this.

If the shoe were on the other foot, Stevens and Bonner would've been all over it. Hell, they had Quay's mugshot up the day after the running the stop sign/failure to pay parking ticket fiasco.

BeastMan
02-13-2014, 04:09 PM
That's sad considering that Gross's numbers declined last year.

He was severely hampered by injuries. I guess you could argue being 255 on the inside DL could make you more injury prone but when that dude is healthy, he's nasty in there. Right now he's far and away the DL of that class but Nick James or AJ Jefferson could give him a run on the back end. Nonetheless, Channing Ward and Quay Evans were 5 star bust

Political Hack
02-13-2014, 04:18 PM
He was severely hampered by injuries. I guess you could argue being 255 on the inside DL could make you more injury prone but when that dude is healthy, he's nasty in there. Right now he's far and away the DL of that class but Nick James or AJ Jefferson could give him a run on the back end. Nonetheless, Channing Ward and Quay Evans were 5 star bust

he's impressed me. I didn't expect him to do much of anything at his weight. In all honesty, he and AJ were the two that I was the least high on and they're two of the few that are actually producing.

I was never that high on Ward regardless. You can go back and find my old post that talked about his lack of hip bend and how rigid he plays. That won't cut it in the SEC. Quay on the other hand was a beast of a talent and just sank himself with a poor attitude.

LC Dawg
02-13-2014, 04:29 PM
Freeze told Kellenberger he feared for his soul if he reported this.

M.Fillmore
02-13-2014, 04:34 PM
How is D'Authur Cowan doing at UPig?

An MSU player makes and deletes a tweet that the Tolerant Crowd dislikes and the screenshot is purported to be big news. Ward with a DUI? Not so much.

smootness
02-13-2014, 04:49 PM
How is D'Authur Cowan doing at UPig?

An MSU player makes and deletes a tweet that the Tolerant Crowd dislikes and the screenshot is purported to be big news. Ward with a DUI? Not so much.

6 catches in 2 years; he played right away, but not much production. We'll see, though. I think it's too early to consider most of the top 10 busts yet. Gross is good, Jefferson and R. Brown look like they're on track, and there's still plenty of time for most of the rest...Cowan, James, even Liggins, Alford, and Ward. This DUI isn't good, but plenty have come back from it. Obviously it definitely looks like a bad year for the top 10 so far, but I would only put the 'bust' label on Evans and Grindle for sure at this point.

Coach34
02-13-2014, 04:52 PM
Kellenburger reports the DUI wasnt for alcohol

quickstrike2
02-13-2014, 04:55 PM
Our fanbase will be hammered for trying to tear a young man down for making a mistake. I can see it now.

Freeze reports he will handle "internally"

RossDawg82
02-13-2014, 05:08 PM
The media is a joke. I cant believe this was kept under wraps for this long. That team makes me sick

RossDawg82
02-13-2014, 05:09 PM
Why do I feel like if this was C Jones, Michael Bonner would have reported it the moment the police lights were turned on.

RougeDawg
02-13-2014, 05:22 PM
Why do I feel like if this was C Jones, Michael Bonner would have reported it the moment the police lights were turned on.

Hell, Bonner would probably be the person sitting outside the bar and calling the cops on our players, just to get him a good story.

Saltydog
02-13-2014, 05:39 PM
considering how big of a bust he's been they may ask him for money, BACK..........

Johnson85
02-13-2014, 05:47 PM
It should be noted that Richie Brown had more tackles and one less sack than Gross in a reserve role last year as a redshirt freshman. He and AJ should improve. Based on what I have heard, Nick James should have a good season next year. Ward is probably done at Ole Miss, but we'll see. Grindle left the team his freshman year.

There's still time for most of these guys to turn things around and some like Richie and Nick will continue to progress and be very good contributors.

And I might shouldn't have said Richie Brown is progressing normally. I'd say playing and playing well as a redshirt freshman is better than 'normal,' I just meant he was progressing in a standard way to be on track to meet pretty high expectations.

Political Hack
02-13-2014, 05:52 PM
And I might shouldn't have said Richie Brown is progressing normally. I'd say playing and playing well as a redshirt freshman is better than 'normal,' I just meant he was progressing in a standard way to be on track to meet pretty high expectations.

I think he an Benni Brown are a year away from being All-SEC candidates.

Original48
02-13-2014, 05:59 PM
Kellenburger reports the DUI wasnt for alcohol
Oh in that case I suppose they will turn over the disciplinary measures to Andy Kennedy.

EAVdog
02-13-2014, 06:09 PM
This can happen anywhere. But if I were a Bear I'd be concerned with the frequency of these types of events. Throw in Marshall's Coke habit, the sexual assault where alcohol was involved, and myriad other minor offense they show a pattern.

We've seen similar patterns toward the end of Jackie's days. These kinds of things popping up regularly can be a sign of larger problems.

JiggleBilly
02-13-2014, 06:13 PM

Gross also played hurt a good bit this year or so the spin says.

whosyourdawgy
02-13-2014, 06:38 PM
My tweet to the bear writers after Hugh finally tweeted about the DUI

@whosyourdawgy: @HKellenbergerCL @JTalty see @MikeBBonner, this is how u report. Never be first w bad news. It's ok once someone else does. Hugh has it down

Coach34
02-13-2014, 06:40 PM
thats funny

mic
02-13-2014, 06:44 PM
The key word here is Convicted of DUI.. Its very common to lawyer up and get out of a DUI.. And the fact the CW was convicted with all the lawyer power OM has tells me he may be in the outhouse there or that he is on the verge of transferring.. No way Freeze and Co don't get these charges dropped if he was expected to contribute much if any next year.. IMO

RossDawg82
02-13-2014, 07:05 PM
The key word here is Convicted of DUI.. Its very common to lawyer up and get out of a DUI.. And the fact the CW was convicted with all the lawyer power OM has tells me he may be in the outhouse there or that he is on the verge of transferring.. No way Freeze and Co don't get these charges dropped if he was expected to contribute much if any next year.. IMO

My thoughts exactly. I'm sure he was on some drug

Dawgbite
02-13-2014, 07:13 PM
I live in Monroe county and our Sheriff loves to see himself on the 6 o'clock news so I can't believe he kept quiet about this. MHP got him and he was booked at Monroe SO. Speaking of, he just busted a meth ring in Hamilton, made the 6 o'clock news.

Saltydog
02-13-2014, 07:29 PM
which begs to question, what was he under the influence of? You always assume DUI with alcohol but I'm assuming if it's DUI other it's not alcohol.......

BeastMan
02-13-2014, 07:29 PM
Its very common to lawyer up and get out of a DUI..

Maybe... but my money is on 1 thing happening. DUI other almost always equals pot. There are 2 ways you can get a DUI other for herb. #1 Includes when the cop pulls you over, he smells it and plays nice (if you help me, I'll help you. Have you been smoking grass tonight?) Channing probably admitted to it. DUI other on admittance is open and closed. Basically no defense for it. #2 is if Channing would have denied smoking even though the car reeks and is obviously high. Then the cop would have to call a judge and get a warrant to draw blood and do a drug test on it.

#2 Rarely, if ever, happens. If Channing would have lied about smoking in the face of obvious evidence to the police, they probably would have written him paraphernalia and numerous other "extra tickets" like careless driving, etc.. b/c the cop was pissed.

My money is on the Channing thought he could tell the cop the truth that he'd been smoking and since he was an SEC football player, the cop may let him walk. Unfortunately, a country sheriff probably had heart flutters when he smelled pot. They get off on that stuff.

RC3
02-13-2014, 07:36 PM

It's more likely that he had additional charges (such as a possible possession, etc)that they remanded or dismissed in exchange for his guilty plea on the DUI

whosyourdawgy
02-13-2014, 08:53 PM
It's more likely that he had additional charges (such as a possible possession, etc)that they remanded or dismissed in exchange for his guilty plea on the DUI

This is my thought too. The conviction on DUI tells me that Ward's ass was probably dead to rights on several charges and this is a plea deal to get some of the others dropped. It will be interesting to see how the Rev Freeze handles this one. It's amazing that when this happens outside of their county, it doesn't get covered up and hidden. Just think what would've happened had Henderson been busted in say Grenada county with his cocaine in hand. You think he'd have just been suspended 3 games or would his ass be in jail somewhere?

Political Hack
02-13-2014, 09:00 PM
I seriously hope he gets his head straight and finds a way to make the most of the talent he has. He's been misguided and misdirected for several years now and needs a chance to get his life together. I don't think that can happen in Oxford for him, but I also don't think he has a choice in the matter. He's locked in there.

I seriously think failing out and going to the cfl may not be a terrible option for him. And that's not a knock because he's in Oxford... the same applies for Quay in Starkville. Sometimes people need to get away from home to have a chance at success.