PDA

View Full Version : Good to hear that Ray is teaching effort on defense.

Jacksondevildog
02-12-2014, 10:00 PM
Because he sure as shit is not teaching how to follow shot, find a guy and box out, and effort on the offensive boards. I would pull a player if he threw his hands up and ran away from the goal when a teammate shot the ball. We are one of the worst shooting teams in the conference. Box someone out.

Goat from MSU
02-12-2014, 10:05 PM
Because he sure as shit is not teaching how to follow shot, find a guy and box out, and effort on the offensive boards. I would pull a player if he threw his hands up and ran away from the goal when a teammate shot the ball. We are one of the worst shooting teams in the conference. Box someone out.

Amen to that.

sabaka
02-12-2014, 10:11 PM
A 20-5 run without a timeout. A junior high coach has more coaching ability.

TheDogFather
02-12-2014, 10:18 PM

Insert your Stansbury comparison here.

Big4Dawg
02-12-2014, 10:29 PM
Another jacked up three. Turning this crap off.

thunderclap
02-12-2014, 10:41 PM
5 straight lay ups by Georgia contradict this theory.

Bark
02-12-2014, 10:54 PM
Insert your Stansbury comparison here.

It's not even about a stansbury comparison anymore.

msstate7
02-12-2014, 10:58 PM
5 straight lay ups by Georgia contradict this theory.

That's nothing. aTm had like 10 straight against us

maroonmania
02-12-2014, 10:59 PM
Apparently only teaching defensive effort for the first half of games.

Jacksondevildog
02-12-2014, 11:02 PM
I've heard that we spend the last hour of practice working on defense. No shooting. No offensive sets. Strictly working on defense and effort. When that fails in the game, it has to be very demoralizing because we have nothing else to fall back on.

notsofarawaydawg
02-12-2014, 11:12 PM
I've heard that we spend the last hour of practice working on defense. No shooting. No offensive sets. Strictly working on defense and effort. When that fails in the game, it has to be very demoralizing because we have nothing else to fall back on.

Obviously a seasoned AAU coach who knows it all.

NewTweederEndzoneDance
02-13-2014, 10:05 AM

Borchert absolutely destroyed us last night. I hope he was sick or something, because he mostly just stood there and watched UGA players shoot layups next to him. I think I even saw him set up a lawn chair in the lane and applaud a UGA guard as he drove by him to the lane one time. If he wasn't sick, then I may actually join Dawg61's camp and say he should never play another minute, give those minutes to Wilson.

I know he's had some decent games for us, but every time I watch, he hurts us way more than he helps us. I think we have addition from subtraction with him after this year.

tcdog70
02-13-2014, 11:33 AM
We have no guards that can stop dribble penetration. We have no guards that can stop the jump shot (they are smurfs). Fred can defend and also Chicken after those two we have no fundamentally sound defenders. We are terrible at help defense(Bobby Knight pointed this out). We don't cut off the baseline. We don't block out so in turn we can't rebound worth a shit. We are also slow getting back so other teams beat us down the court. other than this we are great on defense***

MadDawg
02-13-2014, 11:43 AM

We can't box out because the fans didn't show up. Former MSU legend Barth Hyche said so.