PDA

View Full Version : Incarcerated Bob Tweet

MainEventDawg
02-12-2014, 07:52 PM
I'm just going to leave this here and pop some popcorn.

"@incarceratedbob: Is Ole Miss the new #SMU? @Deadspin bought rights from #IBN to write story.

Ole Miss you're going down ' told ya i would have last laugh"

BossDawg
02-12-2014, 07:53 PM
Nevermind...got it.

RossDawg82
02-12-2014, 07:57 PM
$20 says nothing is ever printed. I had enough of this last year and the year before. I hope they do go down but until it happens I'm over this

gtowndawg
02-12-2014, 07:57 PM
http://a.gifb.in/300sw5yuyu405.gif

BeardoMSU
02-12-2014, 08:00 PM
http://media.giphy.com/media/e0ZEOmcLq785y/original.gif

CadaverDawg
02-12-2014, 08:00 PM
Incarcerated Bob seems to be all bark, no bite.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-xVkDfaoOSUY/Tj3cZ10G3nI/AAAAAAAACU4/yao52hVVTnw/s1600/funny-celebrity-pictures-nothing-to-see-here-move-along.jpg

CadaverDawg
02-12-2014, 08:02 PM
http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/suspicious-as-****.jpeg

gtowndawg
02-12-2014, 08:06 PM

gold

MainEventDawg
02-12-2014, 08:10 PM
I thought it was interesting considering the fact that Crxxm Diaries has been talking about it for a bit. It seems it might have legs. There may be a Deadspin article coming after all.

CadaverDawg
02-12-2014, 08:17 PM
"@incarceratedbob: Ole Miss you're going down ' told ya i would have last laugh"

http://img.pandawhale.com/73369-I-dont-believe-you-gif-HD-Imgu-uDsU.gif

rrog17
02-12-2014, 08:17 PM
That troll probably sent same thing to Bob as he did Croom Diaries and he's running with it. He's full of shit! Wish it was true, just doubt it!

BossDawg
02-12-2014, 08:19 PM
That troll probably sent same thing to Bob as he did Croom Diaries and he's running with it. He's full of shit! Wish it was true, just doubt it!

That's what I was thinking.

blacklistedbully
02-12-2014, 08:23 PM
Or maybe Bob is the same guy, or is behind the guy who tried to pitch Croom Diaries.

The Croom Diaries
02-12-2014, 08:29 PM
I guess some of y'all missed it: http://maroonandwhitenation.com/2014/02/08/ole-miss-sets-bar-even-higher-trolling/

This guy who has now sent me 3 e-mails from WHwistleblower@gmail.com. He claims the story is 100% coming out on Feb. 21st. Read the e-mail, it's too good to be true and he's 1. trying to ruin my credibility (which half makes me wonder if it's just Goat Holder*) 2. get into the M&WN editorial to see what we are writing about or potentially try to take the site down (I have no idea). I give this story a 1% chance of being legit.

Saltydog
02-12-2014, 08:38 PM
nt

MainEventDawg
02-12-2014, 08:42 PM
What is your opinion on what IB tweeted? Surely he wouldn't allow himself to be trolled so easily with the amount of traffic he probably gets. Someone is working overtime if this is all some elaborate troll plan.

And for the record, I know it's only wishful thinking when it comes to OM getting the hammer of justice.

Political Hack
02-12-2014, 08:42 PM

made my eyes water I laughed so hard. excellence.

Coach34
02-12-2014, 08:43 PM
makes for some fun though

DownwardDawg
02-12-2014, 08:44 PM
nt

Hahaha!!

slickdawg
02-12-2014, 08:46 PM
I'll believe it after ESPN reports on it on sportscenter.

DownwardDawg
02-12-2014, 08:53 PM

I'll still be suspicious.

The Croom Diaries
02-12-2014, 09:01 PM
What is your opinion on what IB tweeted? Surely he wouldn't allow himself to be trolled so easily with the amount of traffic he probably gets. Someone is working overtime if this is all some elaborate troll plan.

And for the record, I know it's only wishful thinking when it comes to OM getting the hammer of justice.

He probably got a similar or the same e-mail.

Here's what I think happened...

I have published a number of things to make Ole Miss look bad lately. None of it about cheating, just stuff like our records vs. them in the major three sports past 20 years, players that flip don't do well, Chris Kiffin's tweets, etc. They have all been highly viewed compared to our normal amount of traffic and on most of them 20-30% of the referral traffic are private OM message boards like Rivals or Scout.

Whoever this guy is thought he could create a similar letter to the one sent to EliteDawgs/C34. I don't know if Coach34 having been a writer for M&WN previously had anything to do with it or not, but they crafted up this story believing I would bite. I think they believed I would post ANYTHING that was negative towards OM, then they would expose me (either hidden code or the story just wouldn't come out and they'd run me down the road on twitter, message boards, blog, etc.). If that didn't work then they would get access to my editorial as they requested (although as the editor I am the only one who can view the other writers rough drafts).

I don't bite. I published the story saying it was a troll. It backfired. Now they are trying to play it off like I missed out. To add fuel to it is a couple of people questioned me the other day on twitter if it could be real. Then yesterday there was a thread on Six Pack about it just wondering if there was a chance it could be legit. There was a similar thread on Genespage about it (I honestly don't go looking for these things, people e-mail or tweet me). That gives this guy an opening - there is doubt in people's minds that maybe it's true. So he goes to incarcerated bob because that guy will probably tweet anything juicy and half-believable (I don't follow him). They have just enough life to keep it alive. And threads like this one (not accusing you because you didn't read my article on it) spin their wheels even more....so that is why I am going into this long explanation.

It was a well-crafted e-mail in that they played on all the things that have been rumored about OM by MSU fans. They made it believable, but there were several items in there that were just too good to be true. An ole miss lawyer- who isn't actually an OM fan - just so happened to not sign a confidentiality agreement, so now they are fed up with the cheating and NCAA so they are going to Deadspin? The level of unnecessary detail is what gives it away. It's way too good to be true. It's like a movie if all these things fell into place. Then on top of their whole story they want access to write articles on my website?

I knew after the first two sentences it was a troll. And I wanted to expose it to let MSU fans know how nuts they are and throw what they believed would be a massive prank back in their face.

OurState
02-12-2014, 09:03 PM
I guess some of y'all missed it: http://maroonandwhitenation.com/2014/02/08/ole-miss-sets-bar-even-higher-trolling/

This guy who has now sent me 3 e-mails from WHwistleblower@gmail.com. He claims the story is 100% coming out on Feb. 21st. Read the e-mail, it's too good to be true and he's 1. trying to ruin my credibility (which half makes me wonder if it's just Goat Holder*) 2. get into the M&WN editorial to see what we are writing about or potentially try to take the site down (I have no idea). I give this story a 1% chance of being legit.

I don't doubt any of he underlying facts but I have a reason I doubt the email, wouldn't a lawyer turning into a whistleblower be violating all sorts of client privilege and end up getting disbarred?

A random non lawyer employee would have a lot less risk I would think. But I don't know all the legal ethics issues and outs. Any experts?

MainEventDawg
02-12-2014, 09:16 PM
Well you did right by covering yourself in case nothing or something negative comes out of it. And as far as the thread goes, I just thought IB's tweet was interesting enough to share.

hacker
02-12-2014, 09:24 PM
There's nothing here saying it's the same story. IB has been saying he's had shit on OM for a long time. We'll see, I guess.

RougeDawg
02-12-2014, 09:30 PM

ESPN will be the very last media outlet to report anything negative OM. They'll be too busy choking on the Beavs pole to notice any allegations against OM.

Coach34
02-12-2014, 09:33 PM
even if its OM people doing it- it really shows how much time and effort they are spending trying to discredit us. Shows what we are doing is working

RougeDawg
02-12-2014, 09:42 PM
even if its OM people doing it- it really shows how much time and effort they are spending trying to discredit us. Shows what we are doing is working

This site has definitely thrown a kink in their master plan. They can't buy/control this place like they do every other site and media outlet. We have made a doffewence in the way they work and we can continue to turn up the heat.

The Croom Diaries
02-12-2014, 09:52 PM
There's nothing here saying it's the same story. IB has been saying he's had shit on OM for a long time. We'll see, I guess.

Him using deadspin is the correlation I made. If there is no connection then it could have legs.

The Croom Diaries
02-12-2014, 10:01 PM
I just re-read my e-mails and the guys claims it will be entitles the exact same: "Ole Miss the new SMU". I'm gonna do some more digging, if I find anything I'll put together another post tomorrow.

Todd4State
02-12-2014, 10:03 PM
He probably got a similar or the same e-mail.

Here's what I think happened...

I have published a number of things to make Ole Miss look bad lately. None of it about cheating, just stuff like our records vs. them in the major three sports past 20 years, players that flip don't do well, Chris Kiffin's tweets, etc. They have all been highly viewed compared to our normal amount of traffic and on most of them 20-30% of the referral traffic are private OM message boards like Rivals or Scout.

Whoever this guy is thought he could create a similar letter to the one sent to EliteDawgs/C34. I don't know if Coach34 having been a writer for M&WN previously had anything to do with it or not, but they crafted up this story believing I would bite. I think they believed I would post ANYTHING that was negative towards OM, then they would expose me (either hidden code or the story just wouldn't come out and they'd run me down the road on twitter, message boards, blog, etc.). If that didn't work then they would get access to my editorial as they requested (although as the editor I am the only one who can view the other writers rough drafts).

I don't bite. I published the story saying it was a troll. It backfired. Now they are trying to play it off like I missed out. To add fuel to it is a couple of people questioned me the other day on twitter if it could be real. Then yesterday there was a thread on Six Pack about it just wondering if there was a chance it could be legit. There was a similar thread on Genespage about it (I honestly don't go looking for these things, people e-mail or tweet me). That gives this guy an opening - there is doubt in people's minds that maybe it's true. So he goes to incarcerated bob because that guy will probably tweet anything juicy and half-believable (I don't follow him). They have just enough life to keep it alive. And threads like this one (not accusing you because you didn't read my article on it) spin their wheels even more....so that is why I am going into this long explanation.

It was a well-crafted e-mail in that they played on all the things that have been rumored about OM by MSU fans. They made it believable, but there were several items in there that were just too good to be true. An ole miss lawyer- who isn't actually an OM fan - just so happened to not sign a confidentiality agreement, so now they are fed up with the cheating and NCAA so they are going to Deadspin? The level of unnecessary detail is what gives it away. It's way too good to be true. It's like a movie if all these things fell into place. Then on top of their whole story they want access to write articles on my website?

I knew after the first two sentences it was a troll. And I wanted to expose it to let MSU fans know how nuts they are and throw what they believed would be a massive prank back in their face.

Even if by chance it is true, I don't blame you for staying out of it. There are multiple places the guy can defend himself if he feels the need to. Actually, I think MSU should stay out of their mess as much as possible. If you allowed that guy to post on your blog and all of this is true or it cases negative publicity, then you are going to have a bullseye on your back. It's just not worth fooling with true or not.

If it is true, it will come out on Feb. 21 or so. If all of this isn't true, we were suspicious the whole time anyway, so it's not worth worrying over.

Todd4State
02-12-2014, 10:07 PM
I don't doubt any of he underlying facts but I have a reason I doubt the email, wouldn't a lawyer turning into a whistleblower be violating all sorts of client privilege and end up getting disbarred?

A random non lawyer employee would have a lot less risk I would think. But I don't know all the legal ethics issues and outs. Any experts?

Yeah- but a story like that if true could lead to book and movie deals potentially. Actually, it would serve Ole Miss right after The Blind Side BS.

So, I don't think he would be all that upset about being disbarred. Assuming it's true of course.

JiggleBilly
02-12-2014, 10:09 PM
No such luck. Oh well.

Statecoachingblows**
02-12-2014, 11:05 PM
I can see the look on freezus' face now

http://twitter.com/Oopty_oop/status/433812802730733568/photo/1

Todd4State
02-12-2014, 11:44 PM
I can see the look on freezus' face now

http://twitter.com/Oopty_oop/status/433812802730733568/photo/1

If it's true, it would be a really bad month for him.

NCAA scandal + Saban taking away his offense = Jack Daniels for Valentine's Day for Freeze.

Maroon Blood
02-13-2014, 10:57 AM
To add some spice to the rumor mill for additional fun and humor, maybe "Bob", the longtime OM law school faculty member overseeing the OM compliance system is secretly wearing a variety of masks in this unfolding and dramatic scenario. Could "Bob" actually be Incarcerated Bob, and in turn also be the whistleblower who authored the email? Inquiring minds want to know.

smootness
02-13-2014, 11:09 AM
ESPN will be the very last media outlet to report anything negative OM. They'll be too busy choking on the Beavs pole to notice any allegations against OM.

Yeah, ESPN is nothing but an Ole Miss PR branch**

blacklistedbully
02-13-2014, 11:11 AM
To add some spice to the rumor mill for additional fun and humor, maybe "Bob", the longtime OM law school faculty member overseeing the OM compliance system is secretly wearing a variety of masks in this unfolding and dramatic scenario. Could "Bob" actually be Incarcerated Bob, and in turn also be the whistleblower who authored the email? Inquiring minds want to know.

That's what I said yesterday. ;)