PDA

View Full Version : In DNF news ....

elitedawgs
02-12-2014, 07:32 PM
There will be some new features on the baseball jumbotron this year. Coach Cohen wanted to implement more spray charts and player info on the video board. The school bought some new software that will improve fan experience at dnf. Should be ready friday night. It should give us a more detailed overview of each player while they are at bat. Major League Baseball teams use it.

This is per a friend that works at miss st. Not a big update but something new and cool that fans will like...

Drugdog
02-12-2014, 07:33 PM
Very cool.

Esmerelda Villalobos
02-12-2014, 07:35 PM
Hopefully it is like what they use at the astros game. I went to the astros game before our game with OSU and they had some cool stats / charts on their jumbotron. Im a fan of stats and looking on the phone drains the battery.

Coach34
02-12-2014, 07:46 PM
Good deal. Enhancing the fan experience, I like it. Especially when you've been drinking while you are out in LF

MsStateBaseball
02-12-2014, 07:48 PM
We need to be on cutting edge in any baseball related subject.

Will James
02-12-2014, 07:52 PM
Approved

Esmerelda Villalobos
02-12-2014, 07:53 PM

I wouldnt worry about that after 2018

godlluB
02-12-2014, 08:10 PM
The giant M over S logo that Stricklin tweeted about this afternoon is also apparently going on top of the scoreboard. Crews were there all day working on the board, and that was laying on the ground. They have taken down the baseball clock on top of the board, so I assume that this is replacing that. It should look good.

messageboardsuperhero
02-12-2014, 08:27 PM
I like it. For everyone who travels extensively to other college parks- does anyone else use anything advanced like spray charts on their jumbotron? If so, I'm not aware of it.

Yes we do.

Esmerelda Villalobos
02-12-2014, 08:29 PM
The giant M over S logo that Stricklin tweeted about this afternoon is also apparently going on top of the scoreboard. Crews were there all day working on the board, and that was laying on the ground. They have taken down the baseball clock on top of the board, so I assume that this is replacing that. It should look good.

Correct. It is. I heard coach footed the bill for it. I love the old school MS logo.

DudyDawg
02-12-2014, 08:45 PM

Also heard that it will light up for home runs. Our own version of the apple at Shea and Citi Field

Esmerelda Villalobos
02-12-2014, 08:52 PM
Also heard that it will light up for home runs. Our own version of the apple at Shea and Citi Field

This is true as well.

messageboardsuperhero
02-12-2014, 08:56 PM

That's pretty awesome.

If we play our cards right with DNF, we can have a real big-league style atmosphere (although obviously with fewer people). When you combine all that with the LFL and a true student section- no one else could compete with our atmosphere.