PDA

View Full Version : I'm sure this will jinx them, but Saint Louis is up 4-2 on Ole Miss, and...

CadaverDawg
05-01-2013, 08:10 PM
Seattle is up 3-2 on Oregon. Saint Louis is RPI #114, and Seattle is RPI #244.

I know we are a long way from these having an impact on us, but it can't hurt for teams ahead of us or around us to take RPI hits. Whether it be for National Seed contention, or just a better match up in post season play.

engie
05-01-2013, 08:32 PM
Oregon game is potentially a huge dagger to their national seed chances... 3 outs to get...

engie
05-01-2013, 08:40 PM
2 more outs to get...

Damn there's a single...

Todd4State
05-01-2013, 08:40 PM
Saint Louis is now up 4-3 in the 8th. Ole Miss has 3, 4, 5 in the bottom of the inning coming up during their next at bat though.

Todd4State
05-01-2013, 08:46 PM
Seattle with the double play to end the game!

engie
05-01-2013, 08:55 PM
Final. That's a huge dagger right there! Too bad it wasn't in Eugene...

Todd4State
05-01-2013, 08:57 PM
Speaking of daggers, Saint Louis gets two more runs in their half of the 8th and now lead 6-3.

But yes, very helpful loss for us from the Seattle/Oregon game.

Jacksondevildog
05-01-2013, 08:59 PM
I'm sure Kendall Rodgers will move the rebels up in his poll after this loss and after Auburn takes two this weekend.

engie
05-01-2013, 09:05 PM
6 outs to get...

Not nearly as happy about OM's midweek struggles... Their failures also hurt us to an extent from an SOS standpoint...

Todd4State
05-01-2013, 09:13 PM
Ole Miss rallies, gets two back, but Saint Louis throws out the potential tying run out at the plate. Now 6-5 Saint Louis going into the 9th.

Todd4State
05-01-2013, 09:15 PM
I'm sure Kendall Rodgers will move the rebels up in his poll after this loss and after Auburn takes two this weekend.

And then he will take it out of our SOS.

Jacksondevildog
05-01-2013, 09:24 PM
The thing that is odd about Ole Miss is that they are not that good this year. They will get swept or lose a series and barely fall in the polls. We lose a series and fall a ton. If Ole Miss wins 2 versus Auburn, they will move higher than we will if we beat Bama twice. It's really weird.

Todd4State
05-01-2013, 09:29 PM
Saint Louis gets a run back.

Todd4State
05-01-2013, 09:31 PM
The thing that is odd about Ole Miss is that they are not that good this year. They will get swept or lose a series and barely fall in the polls. We lose a series and fall a ton. If Ole Miss wins 2 versus Auburn, they will move higher than we will if we beat Bama twice. It's really weird.

It's not weird- it's politics. Ole Miss has more connections with Perfect Game than we do at this moment, and they get preferential treatment at times because of it.

msstate7
05-01-2013, 09:32 PM
St. Louis walks lead off hitter on 4 pitches to start 9th

Todd4State
05-01-2013, 09:42 PM
And Ole Miss just tied it up at 7 in the 9th.

msstate7
05-01-2013, 09:44 PM
Were we in on Stuart turner? That guy is a stud. I'd love to have him protecting hunter

Jacksondevildog
05-01-2013, 09:48 PM
Brett Basham (former Ole Miss catcher) was a volunteer assistant coach at LSU-Eunice (juco). No one was after Turner and he called Ole Miss and told them about him.

Todd4State
05-01-2013, 09:52 PM
It's going to extras in Oxford, but I can't imagine Saint Louis has the pitching depth to pull this out on the road based on what I saw the last two innings.

Todd4State
05-01-2013, 09:53 PM
Were we in on Stuart turner? That guy is a stud. I'd love to have him protecting hunter

LSU is the one who should be really kicking themselves.

msstate7
05-01-2013, 09:53 PM
Brett Basham (former Ole Miss catcher) was a volunteer assistant coach at LSU-Eunice (juco). No one was after Turner and he called Ole Miss and told them about him.

How did everyone miss that guy? Watching him, I'd guess he'll be drafted fairly high. Am I right about that?

Jacksondevildog
05-01-2013, 09:55 PM
He'll be drafted pretty high. Some guys fall through the cracks. Eunice, Louisiana is a tough place to find and I'm assuming that he just didn't get seen by the right guy at the right time. It didn't hurt having a former Ole Miss player on staff to help find him a place.

Todd4State
05-01-2013, 10:02 PM
How did everyone miss that guy? Watching him, I'd guess he'll be drafted fairly high. Am I right about that?

Probably top 10 rounds. He's not among the top 100 draft prospects.

msstate7
05-01-2013, 10:06 PM
Well St. Louis survives the 10th. Both teams have got to be thin pitching wise

Todd4State
05-01-2013, 10:08 PM

I don't know if he was really missed- I mean, he made Louisville Slugger All-American in HS. My guess is he probably wanted to play at LSU, Manieri told him to go JUCO and we'll get back to you, two years later LSU still didn't have a spot in all likelihood but he has a coach with Ole Miss connections that hooks him up and now Manieri looks like a dumbass.

I'll say this about Louisiana- I think it's one of the most underrated states as far as baseball talent. I guess people shy away because they know that 90% of those players are going to LSU if the Tigers want them. But LSU can't have them all- and there are some good players that are left over.

Todd4State
05-01-2013, 10:13 PM
Bianco manages a pitching staff like he is playing Xbox. He only got one inning out of Huber? If this thing goes long enough, he'll probably trot Wahl out there.

Todd4State
05-01-2013, 10:21 PM
Ole Miss wins 8-7. This would be like a college football team in the SEC beating Jacksonville State in OT.

msstate7
05-01-2013, 10:26 PM
Ole Miss wins 8-7. This would be like a college football team in the SEC beating Jacksonville State in OT.

If we lose more than Friday night (wahl) against them, I'll be really disappointed.

engie
05-01-2013, 10:34 PM
If we lose more than Friday night (wahl) against them, I'll be really disappointed.

I'm not willing to concede that Friday game. We've already given Wahl 40% of his career SEC losses to this point...

msstate7
05-01-2013, 10:41 PM
I'm not willing to concede that Friday game. We've already given Wahl 40% of his career SEC losses to this point...

Even if we can't beat him, we just need to keep it close and get their bullpen. No one scares me in their bullpen.

Todd4State
05-01-2013, 10:41 PM

My long range hope is that they go to Auburn, struggle against their left handers, we do well against Bama and get some confidence going and then go up against them with our two lefty starters and our ace in Graveman. It being in Oxford obviously favors them in that regard, but I like the match-ups we have going for us. Ross will be a key pitcher for us in that series as well.

Todd4State
05-01-2013, 10:46 PM

I feel the same way. Pollorena has been outstanding against Ole Miss in his career. It's going to be low scoring, but we've beaten Staneck from Arkansas and Crawford from Florida. We just have to be tough and go in with a mindset of creating runs and we should be fine. Just because we are going up against a good pitcher, it doesn't mean we should just take it up the rear. Heck, Sandy Koufax is the best pitcher I've ever seen, and in his prime he still lost 5, 8 and 9 games- I don't know how, but it happened.

Edit to say this- people want our program to be like Vanderbilt and LSU's- well, we can't expect to be like that and then in the same breath be, "well, we're not going to beat such and such because he's a really good pitcher." You have to have a winning, competitive attitude. I'm not trying to call any one person out because I have seen a LOT of our fans say and act that way. That asshole puts his goggles on just like everyone else at the pool does.

Our game against them with Stratton going up against Wahl last year was pretty epic. I'm glad we won.

msstate7
05-01-2013, 11:01 PM
I feel the same way. Pollorena has been outstanding against Ole Miss in his career. It's going to be low scoring, but we've beaten Staneck from Arkansas and Crawford from Florida. We just have to be tough and go in with a mindset of creating runs and we should be fine. Just because we are going up against a good pitcher, it doesn't mean we should just take it up the rear. Heck, Sandy Koufax is the best pitcher I've ever seen, and in his prime he still lost 5, 8 and 9 games- I don't know how, but it happened.

Edit to say this- people want our program to be like Vanderbilt and LSU's- well, we can't expect to be like that and then in the same breath be, "well, we're not going to beat such and such because he's a really good pitcher." You have to have a winning, competitive attitude. I'm not trying to call any one person out because I have seen a LOT of our fans say and act that way. That asshole puts his goggles on just like everyone else at the pool does.

Our game against them with Stratton going up against Wahl last year was pretty epic. I'm glad we won.

I wasn't saying that we will lose Friday or I accept a loss Friday. Just saying that's the only game we don't have a big advantage. We should take 2 outta 3 or we don't deserve to host. No excuses from here on out. It's time to produce

Todd4State
05-01-2013, 11:02 PM
I wasn't saying that we will lose Friday or I accept a loss Friday. Just saying that's the only game we don't have a big advantage. We should take 2 outta 3 or we don't deserve to host. No excuses from here on out. It's time to produce

Oh, I know- and like I said I wasn't trying to call anyone specific out.

Drugdog
05-02-2013, 05:37 AM
T4S, I also spoke of this 2 out 3 mentality we have. Total Bs for us to think like this. If we are going to play three Then let's win all 3. It's hard to get all of the ron polk out of us.
But it's getting better.

Coach34
05-02-2013, 08:09 AM
We had our chances a few times against Beede also- we just couldnt get that one hit to get to 4-5 runs. I dont concede anything vs Wahl