PDA

View Full Version : Logan Lowery tweets...

K9 Avenger
02-12-2014, 12:04 PM
An amazing stat....since Johnathan Holder arrived on campus, the Dawgs are a perfect 80-0 when leading after 8 innings.

M.Fillmore
02-12-2014, 12:05 PM
Perfection!

TheRef
02-12-2014, 12:07 PM
An amazing stat....since Johnathan Holder arrived on campus, the Dawgs are a perfect 80-0 when leading after 8 innings.

Yet he's not even a First Team All-American for anyone.....whaaa???

msstate7
02-12-2014, 12:11 PM
Yet he's not even a First Team All-American for anyone.....whaaa???

I wonder how much this past postseason factored into this. While effective holder was very shaky at the end. He scared me terribly. Love the guy though...

Johnson85
02-12-2014, 12:39 PM

Will Holder leave after this year?

Squidawg11
02-12-2014, 12:48 PM
Will Holder leave after this year?

Is the Pope Catholic? He will take a big pay cut if he stays another year because he loses leverage.

Dawg61
02-12-2014, 12:49 PM

80-0 baby!! Booya

Coach34
02-12-2014, 01:25 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Bwfm7-uNS4

bgdog
02-12-2014, 05:07 PM
I wonder how much this past postseason factored into this. While effective holder was very shaky at the end. He scared me terribly. Love the guy though...

Yea he had a below average (for him) few games towards the end. I believe he had a bad stretch about 3/4's through the season also. Fortunately his "bad stretches" are better than most other closers on their good days

shoeless joe
02-12-2014, 06:36 PM
Is the Pope Catholic? He will take a big pay cut if he stays another year because he loses leverage.

You may very we'll be correct. But I don't see him getting a huge pay day out of college no matter when he leaves. He will most likely project as a middle relief/set up man on the next level and not many teams she'll out big money or spend high draft picks on those type guys. However, those guys can have long careers.

His curve is top notch but his low 90s fastball is going to hold him back in the minds of several big league teams. He is going to have to develop a fastball with more movement or another off speed pitch to make it to the big leagues.

Esmerelda Villalobos
02-12-2014, 06:58 PM

He will set the all time ncaa saves record this year. However, I dont think he will be a high draft pick.

Schultzy
02-12-2014, 07:14 PM

He got jobbed on a lot of his 12-6 breaking pitches last post season. Some umps give up on the pitch way too early.

msstate7
02-12-2014, 07:23 PM
He got jobbed on a lot of his 12-6 breaking pitches last post season. Some umps give up on the pitch way too early.

This is true. When he can't get strikes with his curve, holder is very hittable.

Squidawg11
02-12-2014, 07:35 PM
You may very we'll be correct. But I don't see him getting a huge pay day out of college no matter when he leaves. He will most likely project as a middle relief/set up man on the next level and not many teams she'll out big money or spend high draft picks on those type guys. However, those guys can have long careers.

His curve is top notch but his low 90s fastball is going to hold him back in the minds of several big league teams. He is going to have to develop a fastball with more movement or another off speed pitch to make it to the big leagues.

I hope you are right, but I do not see it happening. Graveman signed for 5K in the 8th round because he had no leverage. If he gets drafted in 15th or 16th round, he could get 50K because he has leverage. It is not Earth shattering money, but I cannot see him turning that down.

shoeless joe
02-12-2014, 08:00 PM
I hope you are right, but I do not see it happening. Graveman signed for 5K in the 8th round because he had no leverage. If he gets drafted in 15th or 16th round, he could get 50K because he has leverage. It is not Earth shattering money, but I cannot see him turning that down.

My post was more about him not getting a huge pay day rather than whether he'll leave after this year. In his situation if the money is a large enough sum then he should go...but there are not many college closers that make it as big league closers, which is where the most money is for those guys. He could make an awesome livin as a reliable bullpen guy but he will have to make the decision that's best for him.

If he has another stellar year his options will be 1) stay in school and be a "god" on the baseball field and live a rock star life for one more year. However he wouldn't have much left to prove and his stock could only go down. 2) take the money and go pro in hopes of getting hooked up with a professional pitchin coach that could help him a lot with how to pitch on the next level. And eventually make the big leagues and again eventually make good money.
Either path has it's perks and he will just have to make the best decision for him.

BeardoMSU
02-12-2014, 08:06 PM
I can't wait to hear this at the Dude.

Just in case y'all want to re-live this moment.....
When that dipshit flipped his bat like he was Teddy ****in' Williams, I thought that shit was outta here, but our 5-tool snatched it up and put those bitches in the boo-box.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2795903/warningtrack.gif