PDA

View Full Version : The parody is CBB is ridiculous right now

Dawg61
02-12-2014, 12:20 AM
only 5 teams are ranked in both football and basketball. Mich St., Duke, Ohio St., Wisconsin, L'Ville.

Look at these schools ranked in BB.
#1 Syracuse sucks at football
#4 Wichita St. doesn't play BCS football
#5 San Diego St. awful football
#6 Villanova no BCS football
#7 Kansas historically awful in football
#10 Cincy eh football
#11 Iowa St. Gene Chizik was like 5-19 there in football
#12 Saint Louis doesn't even own a football
#17 Virginia the Chardonnay of football
#18 Creighton what the fuk?
#23 Southern Methodist dead in football since the death penalty

I am now a believer that it is tougher to make the NCAA tournament than it has ever been since the tournament expanded to 64 and that it is tougher to make the tournament than it is to make a regional in baseball and tougher than making a bowl game in football. Now shoot it down.

Will James
02-12-2014, 12:47 AM
Bowl games are by far the easiest to obtain.

Count Istvan Teleky
02-12-2014, 03:00 AM
Bowl games are by far the easiest to obtain.

Parody is a mockery

Dawg61
02-12-2014, 03:22 AM
Yes sorry I can't edit the thread title now. I also misspelled "in". Sloppy

dawgs
02-12-2014, 03:50 AM
Is this a parity thread?

I seen it dawg
02-12-2014, 08:01 AM
CBB is a parody of what it used to be.

LeakyD
02-12-2014, 08:36 AM
I have a pet bird. It is very parroty.

Johnson85
02-12-2014, 08:48 AM
only 5 teams are ranked in both football and basketball. Mich St., Duke, Ohio St., Wisconsin, L'Ville.

Look at these schools ranked in BB.
#1 Syracuse sucks at football
#4 Wichita St. doesn't play BCS football
#5 San Diego St. awful football
#6 Villanova no BCS football
#7 Kansas historically awful in football
#10 Cincy eh football
#11 Iowa St. Gene Chizik was like 5-19 there in football
#12 Saint Louis doesn't even own a football
#17 Virginia the Chardonnay of football
#18 Creighton what the fuk?
#23 Southern Methodist dead in football since the death penalty

I am now a believer that it is tougher to make the NCAA tournament than it has ever been since the tournament expanded to 64 and that it is tougher to make the tournament than it is to make a regional in baseball and tougher than making a bowl game in football. Now shoot it down.

It is tougher to make the NCAA tournament consistently, but it's also easier to get there from nothing. SMU is still recovering from the death penalty in football, but Florida Gulf Coast can make the tourney in (I think) the first decade it played Div I basketball. In football if you have the resources and establish a good program, it's a lot easier to stay in the top 35-40 teams. In basketball, every coach you hire is a crap shoot. There are still places like UNC and UK that can make bad hires and still be fairly certain they'll make it back to the top tier in a reasonably short period of time. But there are a lot fewer of those type schools in basketball than in football because even a team like Marquette can make it difficult for you in basketball..

bully99
02-12-2014, 09:08 AM
Regardless of how you spell it, sec basketball is a joke. Watching the tsun bama game was painful. When bama hired their coach all we heard was how great he was. Not so much these days.

MadDawg
02-12-2014, 10:08 AM
Parody is a mockery

Parody or parity - either applies to SEC basketball

Original48
02-12-2014, 10:37 AM
CBB is a parody of what it used to be.
I seen what you did there.

dawgs
02-12-2014, 11:44 AM
It is tougher to make the NCAA tournament consistently, but it's also easier to get there from nothing. SMU is still recovering from the death penalty in football, but Florida Gulf Coast can make the tourney in (I think) the first decade it played Div I basketball. In football if you have the resources and establish a good program, it's a lot easier to stay in the top 35-40 teams. In basketball, every coach you hire is a crap shoot. There are still places like UNC and UK that can make bad hires and still be fairly certain they'll make it back to the top tier in a reasonably short period of time. But there are a lot fewer of those type schools in basketball than in football because even a team like Marquette can make it difficult for you in basketball..

it's a numbers game. 1 elite basketball player with 4 guys that know their roles can make you a final 4 contender. in football 1 elite player and 21 guys that know their role can get you a bbva compass bowl bid.

Coach34
02-12-2014, 01:22 PM
Parody or parity - either applies to SEC basketball

Booty Man speaketh the truf