PDA

View Full Version : Sec basketball

msstate7
02-11-2014, 09:00 PM
I know it's rather weak overall, but I love this Florida team. I think they'll be a very tough out. I also like kentucky's potential.

NewTweederEndzoneDance
02-11-2014, 09:08 PM
Florida is a good overall team, mostly because they play great defense, play with great intensity, and also play very fundamentally sound basketball. They are not a great offensive team, and don't shoot the ball overly well. They have one pretty good shooter, and Wilbekin can be a streaky shooter. Where they make up for that on offense is with superb court spacing and movement. And did I mention that those guys usually play with incredible effort? Anyone see their Center diving from halfway across the halfcourt at the end of that Tennessee game to pick up a clutch loose ball? That was exceptional.

Kentucky is absurdly talented, but I really think Cal needs a dynamite PG on his teams to have any real success in the tournament. Those twins are good at the guard spots, but neither scares anyone. They have so much size and length on the inside though, that anytime the refs let them "just play" it will be nearly impossible to beat them.

Outside of those 2, everyone else just plays SEC brand thug ball with no real emphasis on fundamentals.