PDA

View Full Version : Hey Madison peeps

Dawg61
02-11-2014, 07:55 PM
can anyone in that area tells us about the two guards at Madison Central leading the state in 3s? Xavian Stapleton 70 threes made in 158 attempts for 44% and Chase Carroll 68 made in 152 attempts for 45%. Both seniors and both are lighting it up from deep. Anyone know anything about them? We have an open spot still and I'm sure Ray could figure out another spot. Two guys proven to be able to shoot right in our backyard. Is Madison Central terrible? Idk that's why I ask.

Dawghouse
02-11-2014, 08:03 PM
Pretty sure they were ranked #1 in the state before they lost to Starkville a week or so ago so they definitely aren't terrible. I don't follow high school bball but I live in Madison and the article came across my news feed.

That's all I have to add.

Dawg61
02-11-2014, 08:12 PM
Pretty sure they were ranked #1 in the state before they lost to Starkville a week or so ago so they definitely aren't terrible. I don't follow high school bball but I live in Madison and the article came across my news feed.

That's all I have to add.

Thanks we now know Madison doesn't suck.

Thick
02-11-2014, 08:14 PM
Chase Carroll comes from OM family I believe, not sure about the other kid.

Dawg61
02-11-2014, 08:14 PM
This also makes me wonder about Starkville High. Gavin Ware and Travis Outlaw came from there.

Brad Stevens
02-11-2014, 08:16 PM
I'm pretty sure Stapleton signed with LA Tech. Michael White is their coach - for those old enough, he was a standout point guard at Ole Miss in the late 90s. He is a very good coach, and I fear he may replace Kennedy at some point (which I think would be bad for us). I think Carroll doesn't have the size or intangibles to play high level college ball - only averaging about 10 ppg I think.

Dawg61
02-11-2014, 08:25 PM
Found some more info. Stapleton is 6'6 190 avg 21.3pts and 8.5 boards. Are we now afraid of recruiting against the mighty La Tech we can't flip him? Didn't La Tech also get beanpole Joniah White and his 9.8 blocks a game? Louisiana Tech is laughing at us right now.

Chase Carroll is 6'1 175 and avg 12.7 on basically all 3s. So nevermind on him. Stapleton though sounds like a pretty good player.

Brad Stevens
02-11-2014, 08:33 PM
Found some more info. Stapleton is 6'6 190 avg 21.3pts and 8.5 boards. Are we now afraid of recruiting against the mighty La Tech we can't flip him? Didn't La Tech also get beanpole Joniah White and his 9.8 blocks a game? Louisiana Tech is laughing at us right now.

Chase Carroll is 6'1 175 and avg 12.7 on basically all 3s. So nevermind on him. Stapleton though sounds like a pretty good player.

I don't think we are scared - he has signed his LOI with them already. One of my friends is on the basketball staff there. Like I said, White is a good coach, and I think he will get good talent for that program. We just need to hope he doesn't end up at Ole Miss in a few years.

Dawg61
02-11-2014, 08:43 PM
I don't think we are scared - he has signed his LOI with them already. One of my friends is on the basketball staff there. Like I said, White is a good coach, and I think he will get good talent for that program. We just need to hope he doesn't end up at Ole Miss in a few years.

Well shit. Andy should do just enough to stay a Bear for awhile though and we should be back by the time the next guy shows up over there. We will always own Ole Miss in basketball. It's just how it is. We are the worst we've been in 20 years and we're still 2-2 vs them during their greatest surge since the guy with the huge Afro.

mcdawg
02-12-2014, 01:37 AM

Chase Carroll transferred from MRA to MC a couple of years ago. Solid hs player but not a college player. Comes from a good family - Dad's a doctor. Stapleton is a really good hs player from what I read and have heard - not seen him play.

Brahmabull
02-12-2014, 09:12 AM
Carroll's family is MSU. But, like somebody already said, no help for college level.