PDA

View Full Version : Stamps Commits

ShotgunDawg
02-11-2014, 05:39 PM
Probably another 4 star in time and currently the best CB in the state.

Our 2015 recruiting class is going to be sick

Here is his video: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1362238/highlights/66138375

I love corners that have that are loose, lean, and have no restriction in their body. He fits that mold. Reminds me of Dre' Bly.

One thing to keep in mind, is that much of this recruiting class is because we have been to 4 straight bowl games. Nobody remembers who you played, they only remember your record and whether you are a winning program or a losing program. Since the 2015 class' 8th grade year, they know nothing but MSU being good at football. Keep that in mind.

Todd4State
02-11-2014, 05:40 PM
Awesome! I like big CB's like that.

smootness
02-11-2014, 05:46 PM
This is crazy. I know some programs get a bunch of early commits like this, but it's definitely a first for us. And if they were invited to the elite junior day, then it's someone we definitely want.

hailmari
02-11-2014, 05:47 PM
I've heard/read people speaking highly of him.. I can't believe how quickly the staff is building this class.

Dawg61
02-11-2014, 05:53 PM
Did we get the dates reversed for NSD 2015? Not complaining. This is nice. But I won't be loving anymore players till their LOI is faxed in. Looking at you Tee Shepard.

Coach34
02-11-2014, 05:57 PM
Its just Freezus setting us up

ShotgunDawg
02-11-2014, 05:57 PM
Did we get the dates reversed for NSD 2015? Not complaining. This is nice. But I won't be loving anymore players till their LOI is faxed in. Looking at you Tee Shepard.

That is always a concern, but it certainly helps to get players committed early so that they have a chance to bond through text and going to games together. Tee committed late and didn't have time to develop any accountability with other commits. There is a reason none of the the #catchupgang took visits to Ole Miss. They held each other accountable. This class will have that same opportunity.

bulldawg28
02-11-2014, 05:59 PM
He's nice.

smootness
02-11-2014, 06:02 PM
That is always a concern, but it certainly helps to get players committed early so that they have a chance to bond through text and going to games together. Tee committed late and didn't have time to develop any accountability with other commits. There is a reason none of the the #catchupgang took visits to Ole Miss. They held each other accountable. This class will have that same opportunity.

Yeah, CJ Johnson is pretty much the only in-state kid we've lost after he committed really early or that we lost who wasn't at least at some point considered an Ole Miss lean.

preachermatt83
02-11-2014, 06:04 PM

best crootin post Ive seen yet! I agree with every word!

http://anonymousasta.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/tenth-doctor-fantastic1.gif

messageboardsuperhero
02-11-2014, 06:06 PM
Doesn't Josh Morgan still coach at WC? That might reduce the chance of any back door stuff- at least with this player anyway.

engie
02-11-2014, 06:10 PM
We're going to generally get the guys we want from WC in football...

Corey♥DemDawgs
02-11-2014, 06:10 PM
Doesn't Josh Morgan still coach at WC? That might reduce the chance of any back door stuff- at least with this player anyway.

Yes he does.

Corey♥DemDawgs
02-11-2014, 06:13 PM
Wish we would've got AJ Stamps from EMCC this past recruiting season. Him & Chris are first cousins plus AJ is a stud too. Football runs in these guys families dating back to the late 80s in Vicksburg, MS.

deltadawg99
02-11-2014, 06:13 PM

I believe Rob is also on staff, but Josh is the head coach. I think the Morgans will keep away any OM shenigans

codeDawg
02-11-2014, 06:15 PM
Great news. Tall kid. I remember a time when I thought all CBs had to be under 5'9" to play for us.

Intramural All-American
02-11-2014, 06:16 PM
Shepard is nothing, I'm looking at Cam Newton in that regard. He broke my heart before he even played a snap for Auburn.

This is I response to Dawg61.

Todd4State
02-11-2014, 06:30 PM
This is crazy. I know some programs get a bunch of early commits like this, but it's definitely a first for us. And if they were invited to the elite junior day, then it's someone we definitely want.

This is what happens when you win four out of five in a row and go to bowls every year.

shoeless joe
02-11-2014, 06:45 PM
I believe Rob is also on staff, but Josh is the head coach. I think the Morgans will keep away any OM shenigans

You are correct. Both josh and rob are there and josh is head coach.

DownwardDawg
02-11-2014, 07:31 PM

I loved Josh Morgan as a player. He would knock your 17'n dick in the dirt. Of course, he would be suspended half the season in todays world.

CadaverDawg
02-11-2014, 08:09 PM
Keep grinding coaches. And for the love of God, drop some crumbs in odd places along the way since you know Freeze is trailing you for evaluations.

ShotgunDawg
02-11-2014, 08:14 PM
Keep grinding coaches. And for the love of God, drop some crumbs in odd places along the way since you know Freeze is trailing you for evaluations.

This is actually a great point. It would be highly unethical, but not illegal, to throw some bullshit, non commitabl,e offers out to some marginal players that we don't want, and see if OM starts recruiting them. Then those players will get a few stars and want to commit to OM.

OM would eventually figure it out, but it would be pretty funny to make them run in circles.

Dawg61
02-11-2014, 08:36 PM
This is actually a great point. It would be highly unethical, but not illegal, to throw some bullshit, non commitabl,e offers out to some marginal players that we don't want, and see if OM starts recruiting them. Then those players will get a few stars and want to commit to OM.

OM would eventually figure it out, but it would be pretty funny to make them run in circles.

Actually this is a brilliant plan. I'd go so far as to say we should publicly announce every single offer we put out to Ole Miss right away. Flood them with anybody and everybody till they can't tell shit from shinola.

ShotgunDawg
02-11-2014, 09:16 PM
Actually this is a brilliant plan. I'd go so far as to say we should publicly announce every single offer we put out to Ole Miss right away. Flood them with anybody and everybody till they can't tell shit from shinola.

ZING! I've been marinating on this for few weeks and finally said it. It would be awesome

Dawg61
02-11-2014, 09:31 PM
Well we know of eight new Rebel targets.

Natedogg33
02-11-2014, 09:51 PM
Good idea Shotgun. Throw em off and make them work. To add about Josh, I played against him from 7th grade on. Every time I saw him at State I told him he was the toughest SOB I ever played. And to be honest, he was.

Sacrifice
02-11-2014, 09:53 PM
Hell yeah that'll be a great idea for a billboard. Hey OM since you can't evaluate your own kids here's ours..#Hailstate