PDA

View Full Version : First Post (or Popping the Post Cherry)

LC Dawg
02-11-2014, 04:28 PM
Hope I don?t step on toes or break any protocol with this first post. I?ve been reading the board for a while now and thought it was a good time to register and post. I love my Bulldogs and have a pure hatred for all things TSUN. The Blackrebellandbearshark fans are the most unappealing people I know. I have a few acquaintances, one old friend from junior college and a few through church, that graduated from that cesspool. Another State grad and I do the hiring at my company so I don?t have to work with any of those idiots. Of course, being from a small Mississippi town there are many of the ?huge TSUN fans? around. You know, the kind that fly rebel flags from their trucks and couldn?t find Oxfart on a map. If I?m ever around any of those I just use a couple of big words and it confuses them. I notice on SPS that when anyone spews TSUN hatred those pusses tell you to chill out, don?t take it so seriously. I don?t need to chill out. I graduated from MSU. I have a daughter currently attending MSU. I love everything about MSU and when I hear or read some pompous douchebag say that they are better than me because they?re stupid enough to haul china to a freaking tailgate I want to explode. Anyway, thanks for the board. I will click ads and try to contribute from time to time. It?s obvious that the Elitedawgs love the Mississippi State Bulldogs. BTW, I attended the 2012 Bama game and if we are ever lucky enough for a wayward missile to hit Oxfart I could swap my hatred to those hillbillies from Tuscaloosa pretty quickly.

Dawg61
02-11-2014, 04:29 PM
Hello Hoopsdawg

preachermatt83
02-11-2014, 04:33 PM
Welcome LC

hacker
02-11-2014, 04:36 PM
Sup hoops

hacker
02-11-2014, 04:36 PM
Sup OM troll

BulldogDX55
02-11-2014, 04:37 PM
Hey, look! Its hoopsdawg!

smootness
02-11-2014, 04:39 PM
Oh geez.

preachermatt83
02-11-2014, 04:40 PM
just curious, why is it automatically assumed that every new person who posts on here is either a troll or a banned member?

preachermatt83
02-11-2014, 04:41 PM
the reason I ask is because I have been trying to recruit folks over to ED and I am afraid that if they decide to post they will be treated the same way and I KNOW these guys I am recruiting over are true maroon.

Offshore Dawg
02-11-2014, 04:42 PM
Here you will not be ridiculed for a first post as on SPS. As you know by now a lot of posters that post here also post on SPS. I post here and on Swan lake but never did on SPS. Their cool is to out insult each other, and my temper is too short to deal with them. I am here because this board does not allow the fagot ass, butt licking POS bears to post.

TheRef
02-11-2014, 04:46 PM
I think I did my first post the right way. I didn't start a brand-new thread for it. I just kinda inserted myself ever so slowly into the conversations. You learn the lay of the land and just slowly work yourself into the flow. Maybe that's just how I do things.

LC Dawg
02-11-2014, 04:46 PM
I thought I might get some of that. I wish I had time to prove you guys wrong but I've got to work. I will say that I graduated in '93. During my time there I lived in Canterbury apartments, Action townhouses and in a house west of town in Yeates subdivision. If you think I would go to the trouble to make all that up there's not much I can do about it.

Johnson85
02-11-2014, 04:47 PM
just curious, why is it automatically assumed that every new person who posts on here is either a troll or a banned member?

It's not automatically assumed. If their post sounds like a spoof, it's assumed.

smootness
02-11-2014, 04:49 PM
It's not automatically assumed. If their post sounds like a spoof, it's assumed.

This. If you want to convince everyone you're a troll, a good way to do that is to throw every crappy Ole Miss insult into your first post in its over-the-top hatred of 'Oxfart'.

preachermatt83
02-11-2014, 04:50 PM
I just feel like this guy is legit. again, welcome LC.

preachermatt83
02-11-2014, 04:52 PM
I was called a troll for my first few days on the board to and almost quit posting bc of it but glad I didn't . I enjoy the board but sometimes we seem to be a little too quick to judge.

Coach34
02-11-2014, 04:53 PM
All the question marks in his post lead me to believe he copied and pasted from somewhere else- as if someone wrote it for him

And "Oxfart" always sets off a Bear alarm for me...as does the "I need to announce my presence with an over-the-top paragraph" writing style

Who knows, LC may be a helluva guy

CadaverDawg
02-11-2014, 04:56 PM
All the question marks in his post lead me to believe he copied and pasted from somewhere else- as if someone wrote it for him

And "Oxfart" is always sets off a Bear alarm for me...as does the "I need to announce my presence with an over-the-top paragraph" writing style

This in Spades

LC Dawg
02-11-2014, 05:02 PM
The point is taken. I should have just posted on someone else's thread first. I did type it on word and paste because I was on a tablet and didn't want to post halfway through. My apologies all the way around. Just delete the post and I will ease into it from now on.

DownwardDawg
02-11-2014, 05:03 PM
Here you will not be ridiculed for a first post as on SPS. As you know by now a lot of posters that post here also post on SPS. I post here and on Swan lake but never did on SPS. Their cool is to out insult each other, and my temper is too short to deal with them. I am here because this board does not allow the fagot ass, butt licking POS bears to post.

This is an outstanding post. Especially the way you chose your words when describing the bears. I too work offshore and I recognize that language like a beautiful Metallica song.
Oh, and I agree about sixpack. It had become intolerable and one of the moderators is a complete douche to people.

codeDawg
02-11-2014, 05:04 PM
It's like art imitating life, imitating art.

BulldogDX55
02-11-2014, 05:12 PM

And "Oxfart" always sets off a Bear alarm for me...as does the "I need to announce my presence with an over-the-top paragraph" writing style

This can't be emphasized enough. They believe that we exist exclusively to hate them, so they think they'll have instant cred if they show how much they hate Ole Miss in their first post. Not to mention, swan lake style puns are the worst thing ever and the quickest way to make me embarrassed about our fan base.

GreaterCowbell
02-11-2014, 05:17 PM
I think I know this guy. If so he's legit so chill. Just first post exuberance.

He'll recognize me from my avatar.

FlabLoser
02-11-2014, 05:23 PM
What color was the exterior of Canterbury Apartments in '93? Wrong answer = instant banation.

LC Dawg
02-11-2014, 05:27 PM
I don't know that I can tell you the color of the exterior of my current house. I can tell you that I rode down the drive of Canterbury a couple of weeks ago and it doesn't look like they have done any maintenance or fixed any potholes since I lived there.

Dawg61
02-11-2014, 05:29 PM

It's a running joke. Every new poster is Hoopsdawg. One of them is bound to be him.

Schultzy
02-11-2014, 05:33 PM
What color was the exterior of Canterbury Apartments in '93? Wrong answer = instant banation.

Never lived there but the image that popped into my head was puke green. Is that right? Had to ask even though risking my own bannation.

Homedawg
02-11-2014, 05:53 PM
I thought I might get some of that. I wish I had time to prove you guys wrong but I've got to work. I will say that I graduated in '93. During my time there I lived in Canterbury apartments, Action townhouses and in a house west of town in Yeates subdivision. If you think I would go to the trouble to make all that up there's not much I can do about it.

The yeates subdivision does it for me. Not many trolls would know that. I'm a believer

DLGDawg
02-11-2014, 07:30 PM
Maybe that's just how I do things.

Me too Ref.

RougeDawg
02-11-2014, 09:51 PM
I think I did my first post the right way. I didn't start a brand-new thread for it. I just kinda inserted myself ever so slowly into the conversations. You learn the lay of the land and just slowly work yourself into the flow. Maybe that's just how I do things.

Let me guess, you pull ample leg with this approach as well? Seemed to always work for me. Interject enough just to let them know you're there, act indifferent, appease them a while and bam, take em to pound town.

TheRef
02-11-2014, 09:52 PM
Let me guess, you pull ample leg with this approach as well? Seemed to always work for me. Interject enough just to let them know you're there, act indifferent, appease them a while and bam, take em to pound town.

I haven't had to use it in a long time so I'm rusty on my technique for sure. But hey, use what you got.

LiterallyPolice
02-11-2014, 10:18 PM

This post was going so well... right up to the last few words.

LiterallyPolice
02-11-2014, 10:23 PM
I just kinda inserted myself ever so slowly

Quoting out of context is fun.

TheRef
02-11-2014, 10:23 PM
Quoting out of context is fun.

This thread has gone full NSFW.

solodawg
02-11-2014, 10:31 PM
I don't know that I can tell you the color of the exterior of my current house. I can tell you that I rode down the drive of Canterbury a couple of weeks ago and it doesn't look like they have done any maintenance or fixed any potholes since I lived there.

Ok, I must say I really did laugh reading this thread...I personally think he's a Dawg but it was just the way that first post was written...Carry on now!!

scottycameron
02-12-2014, 01:30 PM

That's because you weren't a troll.

EngineerDawg
02-12-2014, 08:13 PM
welcome LC. Time is always an excellent truth teller so just be yourself.

Political Hack
02-12-2014, 08:38 PM
no rebels know about Canterbury. he's safe.

I seen it dawg
02-12-2014, 09:05 PM
This post was going so well... right up to the last few words.

****** could have been worded differently but I think the post is a B+

JiggleBilly
02-12-2014, 10:13 PM
Welcome.