PDA

View Full Version : New 2015 Football Recruiting Rankings

defiantdog
02-11-2014, 01:30 PM
So 247 came out with some new rankings in football for our 2015 recruits.... Armani Linton and Darrien McNair both received 3 stars (and McNair was a low 81). Linton is 6'3" 195lb and runs a 4.5.... McNair is 6'3" 215lb and runs a 4.5.... these guys are gonna be monsters for us. They are simply two guys coming from small schools, and this is why they won't receive the stars like undeserving players aka Kalio Moore in 2013. This is just one of those times I believe the "star" system fails.

engie
02-11-2014, 01:32 PM
McNair at 81 is laughable.

I haven't seen any of Linton to know one way or another...

ShotgunDawg
02-11-2014, 02:43 PM
Again, the recruiting network people can't evaluate talent. They rank players by offers and momentum. They don't have near the balls or evaluation ability to rank a kid high that doesn't yet have many offers.

Therefore, because many out of state won't offer a committed prospect in Mississippi, due to perceiving as a waste of time, the kid ends up under evaluated and incorrectly ranked.

defiantdog
02-11-2014, 03:15 PM
We have proven time and time again how a lot of 3*'s can turn into NFL prospects. But this 2015 class is scary good. We are getting interests from 3* athletes who easily have 4* potential, and 4* athletes who will have immediate impacts in our system.

The big names heavily favoring us are:

- Malik Dear 4* looks closer and closer to being a MSU lock every day (even though I know C34 doesn't want him).
- I honestly think Fletcher Adams 4* and Leo Lewis 4* are a packaged deal to either us or Bama.
- Dontea Jones 4* is leaning torwards us over Florida after Junior Day.
- Bradrick Shaw 3* likes us (if Bama doesn't offer)
- Jonnas Spivey 4* isn't an OM lock anymore
- J'Mar Smith 3* will be our qb for the 2015 recruiting class
- Justin Johnson 3* will wear the Maroon and White (as long as Bama doesn't offer - another Hoover kid)
- Darryl Williams 3* is another Bessemer kid who favors MSU (as long as Auburn doesn't offer)

Hopefuls include:
- Jamal Peters 4* is gonna be a fight until signing day
- Hopefully Johnson can recruit Louisiana like everyone hopes so he can pull in guys like Hunter Dale 3* and Arthur McGinnis 3* (both, of which, are being recruited by Greg Knox)
- I'm also hoping Jesse Jackson can knock some since in Javon Patterson 4* (who may be an OM lean)
- I think T.D. Moton 4* is LSU bound now
- Alec Murphy 3* and Jaylyn McKinney 3* will be sleepers of the 2015 class if we can pick them up as well.

So putting these guys with our current commits I think we have an outstanding class in the making:
- Timothy Washington 4*
- Kentavious Thomas 4*
- Donald Gray 4*
- Jay Johnson 4*
- Cameron Myers 4*
- Armani Linton 3*
- Darrien McNair 3*

hailmari
02-11-2014, 03:40 PM
What is Spivey being recruited as? I've seen retweets of his that contained MSU positivity.

Big4Dawg
02-11-2014, 04:12 PM
http://247sports.com/Player/Alfred-Smith-25717

We will also get Alfred Smith probably. Committed to Utah because of Brian Johnson. It's a matter of days most likely.

Dawg61
02-11-2014, 04:12 PM
Pretty wild that you have already been able to cut down to a top 23ish targets. Not a bad thing. Well done sir.

Dawg61
02-11-2014, 04:16 PM
http://247sports.com/Player/Alfred-Smith-25717

We will also get Alfred Smith probably. Committed to Utah because of Brian Johnson. It's a matter of days most likely.

Must be decent he holds offers from Florida, Nebraska and Tennessee and about 5 others including us and the Freezus Bears.

defiantdog
02-11-2014, 04:41 PM
Must be decent he holds offers from Florida, Nebraska and Tennessee and about 5 others including us and the Freezus Bears.

Alfred Smith is a Jameson Lewis type receiver. It would be crazy to have him and Malik Dear in the same class. Think of Trindon Holiday and Percy Harvin playing on the same team....

defiantdog
02-11-2014, 07:00 PM
Also add Chris Stamps (most likely a 3*) to the committed list.... he's a big DB that likes to attack the ball. Looks like we may add Tommy Champion to the list after he visits next Junior Day. He's a OT out of Callaway and most likely a 3* as well.

justwin
02-11-2014, 08:14 PM
Why Smith over Minshew? Minshew's video looks really impressive. I don't know much about Smith. Can anyone tell me more about Smith?

[QUOTE=defiantdog;132399]
- J'Mar Smith 3* will be our qb for the 2015 recruiting class

hacker
02-11-2014, 08:20 PM
FWIW, Bradrick Shaw already has that Alabama offer and is still considering us even with Alabama.

defiantdog
02-11-2014, 10:13 PM
Why Smith over Minshew? Minshew's video looks really impressive. I don't know much about Smith. Can anyone tell me more about Smith?
I wish we would give Minshew an offer.... the kid is really good. But I've been told that Smith fits our system better....

FWIW, Bradrick Shaw already has that Alabama offer and is still considering us even with Alabama.
Yeah, just saw that.... I hope we don't miss on this guy. He reminds me of Myles Jack from UCLA. Just because Shaw is just as good at LB as he is running the ball.