PDA

View Full Version : Basketball Finish Post/Discussion

BeastMan
02-11-2014, 01:30 PM
I was looking at bball and how the season can finish. We are at 13-10 after the worst part of our schedule (5 straight losses). Do we have enough left in the tank to finish at or over .500 and get a CBI bid (that was my goal at the beginning of the season). When you look at the schedule, UGA in the Hump coming up is a crucial, "must win". Another thing is we have to find more offense. Gotta get more out of Freddy and Ready down the stretch. What say ye on the basketball stretch run? Yall have any hope? What needs to be done to finish strong? Discuss. Of course I added my 2 cents http://3rdand57.com/crucial-time-for-msu-basketball/ but most of my thoughts are in this thread.

thf24
02-11-2014, 01:37 PM
Looking strictly at the schedule on paper, I see three more should-wins in Georgia, Arkansas, and SC at home, then I think we get one more out of the remaining games. However, the uncertainty of whether our young, thin team will bounce back from the stretch we just finished or not leaves me a little less confident that I would be. I think it could go either way, and worst case we only win one, maybe two more. If Ray can keep this group motivated enough to get four or more wins in the regular season, I'll be impressed.

Coach34
02-11-2014, 01:43 PM
Have to beat Georgia to get some confidence back a gain a little momentum

smootness
02-11-2014, 01:44 PM
Ray did a great job keeping the team focused and fighting through a far longer stretch last year, so I assume we'll similarly see some rejuvenation toward the end of the year this year and to finish out with a few wins. I doubt we make the CBI no matter what, but I think we can still get to 6-7 SEC wins.

I won't be disappointed if we don't, but again, this stretch is nothing like our losing streak last year (we were getting flat out destroyed in most of those games).

BeastMan
02-11-2014, 02:00 PM

That's exactly what I think

bully99
02-11-2014, 02:01 PM
Doesn't the sec say no to the cbi. Thought that was policy.

Coach34
02-11-2014, 02:38 PM

Maybe that's just another reason the SEC sux as a conference because the other BCS conferences play in it

Goat from MSU
02-11-2014, 03:07 PM
Is that a fact .I was thinking we could ,Texas and Purdue has been in CBI in past years ,Does anyone on the board know?

Goat from MSU
02-11-2014, 03:08 PM
It a must win in more ways than one .

bully99
02-11-2014, 03:23 PM
CBI started in 2008, doesn't look like an sec team has played in it, but other big conference schools have played in it. Gets little coverage in the media.

preachermatt83
02-11-2014, 05:03 PM
ive got an opinion but for the sake of not wanting to be bombarded with folks calling me out I wont share it... I will just keep to myself how much I think Ray sucks. :cool:

Intramural All-American
02-11-2014, 06:29 PM
ive got an opinion but for the sake of not wanting to be bombarded with folks calling me out I wont share it... I will just keep to myself how much I think Ray sucks. :cool:

Is it more or less than you think Dan Mullen sucks?**

preachermatt83
02-11-2014, 09:23 PM
Is it more or less than you think Dan Mullen sucks?**

oh, much much more..

HailState39110
02-11-2014, 09:29 PM
I don't think Ray sucks. I think he is an average to above average coach. I do however think he has dug himself a huge hole by a lot of his personnel decisions and it will be a tall task to get us back to respectability . The only way to do this is upgrade the talent on our roster . We will see if guys like Dunlap and Ndoye are the answer