PDA

View Full Version : As we head into the 2015 Crootin season...

Coach34
02-11-2014, 11:31 AM
and I see on twitter that ol J.C. "Orange" Shurbutt of 247 has us at 6th in the country right now. Then I see the new Ole Miss mantra "Stars dont matter except when State gets them" immediately right after.

Let's remember to keep focused on value and remind our BearShark bretheren that we are not going to build our class on guys who are track stars like Koolio Moore pretending to play football, or guys that will never stay in school like Brassell, or guys that will be in 3 and 4 recruiting classes like Liggins or Jerrell "I has a Crayon" Powe.

Dont worry BearSharks, there will be some diamonds in our 2015 class. That's just how we roll. The high ranking right now is ok- but it's not the end all and doesnt tell the whole story. We (most of us) are going to be happy with a top 20 class and feel like our coaches have signed another good class come Feb.

rabbitthedawg
02-11-2014, 11:38 AM
could Jay Johnson be the Ole Miss flip next February being that he is from Bruce?

BeastMan
02-11-2014, 11:47 AM
could Jay Johnson be the Ole Miss flip next February being that he is from Bruce?

Not picking on you but say that out loud to yourself. "Is Jay Johnson going to flip in a year b/c he's from Bruce."

drummerdawg
02-11-2014, 12:02 PM

I think people would be surprised how many state fans live in that area.

Coach34
02-11-2014, 12:04 PM
I just feel sorry for the kid having to live in Bruce. Juggling sweet potatoes for fun is a tough place to grow up

messageboardsuperhero
02-11-2014, 12:20 PM
I just feel sorry for the kid having to live in Bruce. Juggling sweet potatoes for fun is a tough place to grow up

You might be thinking of Vardaman.**

DLGDawg
02-11-2014, 12:32 PM

Careful now.......that's just how we roll out in da country.

justwin
02-11-2014, 03:40 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/79458/its-not-about-recruiting-stars-for-dan-mullen

right on cue. Big surprise written by OM homer Aschoff.

preachermatt83
02-11-2014, 04:48 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/79458/its-not-about-recruiting-stars-for-dan-mullen

right on cue. Big surprise written by OM homer Aschoff.

I don't get your point? That is actually a positively written article Aschoff wrote regarding Mullen's recruiting. He is trying to reveal that stars really don't always matter, that work ethic and being the right fit along with player development is what matters most.

justwin
02-11-2014, 08:24 PM
yeah, the OM homer said a few nice things, but far from positive. I read that article from a perspective that why would a kid ever want to sign with MSU which goes along the OM company line.

Case in point..

"At Mississippi State, Mullen hasn't had that luxury, but it hasn't been a deterrent." in regards to highly recruited talent. That's kind of bs to me. MSU gets enough highly rated kids to visit and even consider MSU and even want to come to MSU. The problem is MSU shares a state with one of, if not, the dirtiest teams in college sports in OM, his alma mater. So, we constantly have to deal with that backlash and the games they play. The entire article is stating the obvious. Last year, he wrote countless articles on the vaunted signing class of OM and in every one of them he used bogus phrases to take digs at MSU. Every single article b/c of an egg bowl loss that we were winning at halftime. I guess you didn't notice how our instate dominance on the field was left out of this article? Whenever that ********** decides to write a glowing article about MSU and takes the same type of digs on OM that he does on the opposite, I'll consider him a decent journalist. As of now, he's a fan and probably getting $ from OM like the other beat writers.

I don't get your point? That is actually a positively written article Aschoff wrote regarding Mullen's recruiting. He is trying to reveal that stars really don't always matter, that work ethic and being the right fit along with player development is what matters most.

jalakin
02-11-2014, 08:55 PM
Not to try and refute anything you said, but I don't see how you can call Aschoff an Ole Miss homer when he graduated from Florida.

hacker
02-11-2014, 08:59 PM
yeah, the OM homer said a few nice things, but far from positive. I read that article from a perspective that why would a kid ever want to sign with MSU which goes along the OM company line.

Case in point..

"At Mississippi State, Mullen hasn't had that luxury, but it hasn't been a deterrent." in regards to highly recruited talent. That's kind of bs to me. MSU gets enough highly rated kids to visit and even consider MSU and even want to come to MSU. The problem is MSU shares a state with one of, if not, the dirtiest teams in college sports in OM, his alma mater. So, we constantly have to deal with that backlash and the games they play. The entire article is stating the obvious. Last year, he wrote countless articles on the vaunted signing class of OM and in every one of them he used bogus phrases to take digs at MSU. Every single article b/c of an egg bowl loss that we were winning at halftime. I guess you didn't notice how our instate dominance on the field was left out of this article? Whenever that ********** decides to write a glowing article about MSU and takes the same type of digs on OM that he does on the opposite, I'll consider him a decent journalist. As of now, he's a fan and probably getting $ from OM like the other beat writers.

Dude.. what? no.