PDA

View Full Version : Stainz

Esmerelda Villalobos
02-11-2014, 11:17 AM
Looks like we may see rick vs rick next year. I got a text saying it is heating. Up on the plains....

NorthMsDawg
02-11-2014, 11:33 AM
Can't wait. (Bart Scott voice)

Coach34
02-11-2014, 11:42 AM
That will be awesome. I hope he gets it

Word is George Brooks is going to be his 1st hire also....and they are already preparing for it

Thick
02-11-2014, 11:47 AM
He will be a candidate for AU, Bama, and UGA if or when they come open. You might think this is crazy, but he's been recruiting a little bit. I mean creating relationships with potential prospects. He's been in Europe recently looking at a few kids. If he gets a job, Brooks will be first to head his way. Brooks has been recruiting Big Train's son for us. Stands has apparently gotten the fire back. We shall see.

dogshiek
02-11-2014, 11:59 AM
I wish Coach Stans well except when his team play our dawgs. I just don't see him lasting as long at another SEC school as he did at state.

mic
02-11-2014, 12:31 PM
PLEASE hire GB away from us.. It would be one of the best things ole Stands has done for our BB program in a long while..

tcdog70
02-11-2014, 12:39 PM
He will be a candidate for AU, Bama, and UGA if or when they come open. You might think this is crazy, but he's been recruiting a little bit. I mean creating relationships with potential prospects. He's been in Europe recently looking at a few kids. If he gets a job, Brooks will be first to head his way. Brooks has been recruiting Big Train's son for us. Stands has apparently gotten the fire back. We shall see.

Wait, you mean you can actually start lining up players and have a go to list when you are not a HEAD COACH? Just in case you might be hired and have to recruit some players. Damn, that sounds like a good idea.

quickstrike2
02-11-2014, 12:39 PM
I don't mind Stans to bad. It was time for him to go, but i wish him well. He could probably do pretty good somewhere else. He could get some good players here, and basically after he was ran off might have showed him that he needed to work on his floor coaching and team control.

C222
02-11-2014, 12:48 PM

He wanted to get back in last year. Just didn't see a good opportunity.

starkvegasdawg
02-11-2014, 01:00 PM
Guess he's bored taking his sons fishing now. Wonder if he will name any of them assistant coaches.

mic
02-11-2014, 01:06 PM
Wait, you mean you can actually start lining up players and have a go to list when you are not a HEAD COACH? Just in case you might be hired and have to recruit some players. Damn, that sounds like a good idea.

Yeah you can IF you don't currently have a coaching job at the time..

MadDawg
02-11-2014, 01:08 PM
I don't mind Stans to bad. It was time for him to go, but i wish him well. He could probably do pretty good somewhere else. He could get some good players here, and basically after he was ran off might have showed him that he needed to work on his floor coaching and team control.

Or get some assistants that can help in those areas.

Coach34
02-11-2014, 01:12 PM

pays to be unemployed huh?

Coach34
02-11-2014, 01:13 PM

we'll see if he learned anything when he builds his staff after hiring Brooks

mic
02-11-2014, 01:14 PM

That's the thing he isn't going to do that.. an ex player told me Stands didn't want to hire any assistant coaches that were better x and o coach than he thought he was. Just look back on how many assistant coaches he had under him those many years that went on to get head coaching gigs..

MadDawg
02-11-2014, 01:18 PM
That's the thing he isn't going to do that.. an ex player told me Stands didn't want to hire any assistant coaches that were better x and o coach than he thought he was. Just look back on how many assistant coaches he had under him those many years that went on to get head coaching gigs..

I realize you are just passing along heresay, but I just don't know that I believe that. But if it were true, things like losing your job can make you change.

Johnson85
02-11-2014, 01:20 PM
I wish Coach Stans well except when his team play our dawgs. I just don't see him lasting as long at another SEC school as he did at state.

What coach lasts more than 10 years anywhere now? This is not good for State. Not a sky is falling thing by any means, just not good. Stansbury had some limitations, but his main issue was that once the train got away from him he couldn't get it back on track. A little break and some fresh scenery will probably do wonders for him. Even if he's not back to his best, if he is eager to coach and recruit, I think it's safe to say he will be as good as or better than anybody he replaces in the West and I suspect he will cause some problems for us when recruiting MS kids.

Coach34
02-11-2014, 01:20 PM
Just look back on how many assistant coaches he had under him those many years that went on to get head coaching gigs..

Well, to be fair Phil Cunningham is 8-14 in his 1st year as Troy HC. And obviously Cunningham wasnt the man for the job because he has a losing record and hasnt turned them around immediately

Coach34
02-11-2014, 01:23 PM
I realize you are just passing along heresay, but I just don't know that I believe that. But if it were true, things like losing your job can make you change.

Well, as someone who knows Mic personally, I can tell you he is good friends with a former player of ours from the mid-90's. What they talk about? Who the hell knows

ckDOG
02-11-2014, 01:31 PM
we'll see if he learned anything when he builds his staff after hiring Brooks

Yep. Stans would still be employed at MSU if he swallowed his ego and hired some guys to compliment his weak points. Had he done that, he could have focused general program management and crootin'.

If he takes a step back from the no discipline motion principles he wouldn't bail on and brings a guy in that can gameplan on offense, he will be successful. If not, he will field teams with above average talent that have a low ceiling. Just like had here...

mic
02-11-2014, 01:34 PM
Yep. Stans would still be employed at MSU if he swallowed his ego and hired some guys to compliment his weak points. Had he done that, he could have focused general program management and crootin'.

If he takes a step back from the no discipline motion principles he wouldn't bail on and brings a guy in that can gameplan on offense, he will be successful. If not, he will field teams with above average talent that have a low ceiling. Just like had here...

Wow.. someone who actually knows what he is talking about.. well said..

quickstrike2
02-11-2014, 02:25 PM

Yep, i always thought he would have benefited greatly by doing this while at State. However, that must not have an option in his mind.

Dawg61
02-11-2014, 02:30 PM
One things for damn sure it'll be the first time people from MS tune into watching an Auburn basketball game that doesn't involve playing them. If Ray can't beat Stansbury after watching 14 years on exactly how to beat Stansbury we don't deserve to have a basketball program (I would hope Ray has watched tons of film on MSU with Bury) and I agree about losing Brooks. That'd be the best thing that's happened to MSU this year as long as Ray hires a shooting coach and recruiter.

Johnson85
02-11-2014, 02:31 PM
If not, he will field teams with above average talent that have a low ceiling. Just like had here...

The difference being that now sounds like the third best team in the SEC. Still a bubble team, but well above average in the SEC.

Thick
02-11-2014, 02:40 PM
I was just sharing some info that came from 2 people that are close to Rick.

Coach34
02-11-2014, 02:43 PM
The difference being that now sounds like the third best team in the SEC. Still a bubble team, but well above average in the SEC.

Stands wont be playing that weak West SEC schedule every year now

MadDawg
02-11-2014, 03:06 PM
Stands wont be playing that weak West SEC schedule every year now

By year two they should know how much he sucks and be making the move to replace him, right coach?

ckDOG
02-11-2014, 03:12 PM

No disagreement there. That's where the divide happened. Some folks were content with the bubble, some wanted a change to see if we could see something different.

Maroonthirteen
02-11-2014, 03:20 PM
Yep. Hell, i think if he would have just gotten rid of Renardo after the Hawiian rumble. He would still be our head coach.

I hope he gets another job but out of confernce. If he could land basketball talent in Starkville, he will recruit even better at a school closer to a metro area.

Coach34
02-11-2014, 03:37 PM
By year two they should know how much he sucks and be making the move to replace him, right coach?

seems to be message board logic with alot of you guys

Coach34
02-11-2014, 03:39 PM
Nobody is building anything in the SEC these days...dont count on Stands doing it either

Dawg61
02-11-2014, 03:45 PM
Does this mean we lose our dominance of the Carver HS tree? 4 players in 5 years from the same high school. Carver is our JV team.