PDA

View Full Version : Would you watch SEC curling?

Quaoarsking
02-10-2014, 10:02 PM
This would be a really cheap sport (it doesn't take full ice rinks - just a strip of ice on each campus) the SEC could add that would at least be as popular as swimming, volleyball, etc.

Granted, I don't know if the novelty would wear off if we got to watch it more than once every 4 years, but there's a lot of fascinating strategy involved. Especially if it was just a couple weeks on the SEC Network each summer (what else is it going to show in July and August?), I think it would be as popular as swimming, volleyball, etc.

MSUDawg4Life
02-10-2014, 10:28 PM
Hell. No.

EAVdog
02-10-2014, 10:29 PM
Hell yeah. If the rink was off campus and they sold beer I'd never miss a match.

ckDOG
02-10-2014, 11:22 PM
If it's a ladies sport and they wear the same thing the volleyball girls wear, I could get behind that..,

dogshiek
02-11-2014, 11:55 AM
Only if I can bring my cowbell.

TheRef
02-11-2014, 12:03 PM
Yes I would watch it.

starkvegasdawg
02-11-2014, 12:57 PM
If it's a ladies sport and they wear the same thing the volleyball girls wear, I could get behind that..,

Beat me to that reply except I was going say women's golfers attire.

sleepy dawg
02-11-2014, 01:13 PM
If we're adding something, it should be women's gymnastics.

Offshore Dawg
02-11-2014, 01:32 PM
Ladies yes, but only if the tits are falling out of their tops.

Johnson85
02-11-2014, 01:36 PM
This would be a really cheap sport (it doesn't take full ice rinks - just a strip of ice on each campus) the SEC could add that would at least be as popular as swimming, volleyball, etc.

Granted, I don't know if the novelty would wear off if we got to watch it more than once every 4 years, but there's a lot of fascinating strategy involved. Especially if it was just a couple weeks on the SEC Network each summer (what else is it going to show in July and August?), I think it would be as popular as swimming, volleyball, etc.

Watch it? Probably not. But support adding it? Only if the SEC was going to use it to add soccer. Don't care that much about soccer, but it's popular enough that it should be the fourth men's scholarship sport in the SEC. At the same time, I don't want to dilute the money available to football, basketball, and baseball any more than it already is. The SEC should probably fill out its women's sports based on what is cheapest until the football and men's basketball scholarships are offset. Then men and women's sports should be added proportionally based on popularity in the southeast as long as the budget would allow it. It would suck to lose a more popular woman's sport just to trade it out for a cheaper sport, but that would go a little ways toward equalizing the negative impact of Title IX between men and women's non-revenue sports.