PDA

View Full Version : Pitching rotation announced for the weekend- thoughts?

Coach34
02-10-2014, 09:16 PM
1. Woodruff
2. Fitts
3. Bracewell

I like giving Bracewell the shot at being a rotation guy, but he better have found a 3rd pitch. Give the vet a chance
Woody should have a great season
Fitts/Lingren tandem on Saturdays could be sick
Woodruff/Mitchell/Holder on Friday nights gonna get alot of W's

Will James
02-10-2014, 09:19 PM
We play 4 this weekend

CadaverDawg
02-10-2014, 09:20 PM
Pumped.

I would love to see Hudson draw the last start. But we will likely pitch Gentry or someone off the wall. Whatever the choice is, it will be a great one. We are so deep at pitcher, we could damn near throw a different guy every 2 innings this weekend and never run out of studs. Gonna be fun.

CadaverDawg
02-10-2014, 09:20 PM
We play 4 this weekend

4th starter is listed as TBD.

Coach34
02-10-2014, 09:21 PM
We play 4 this weekend

I know- the 4th guy wasnt announced

engie
02-10-2014, 09:26 PM
DP

engie
02-10-2014, 09:27 PM
4th gonna be Hudson or Sexton one IMO... I'm fine with either.

Todd4State
02-10-2014, 09:29 PM
One good thing about playing four is we will get to see a lot of pitchers because our big guns are going to be on pitch counts.

Woodruff is not surprising.

Fitts belongs in the rotation, but I think he may go deeper into games than some expect.

I like Bracewell on Sunday because he is a veteran, he has started some big games for us, and I also think this is where Lindgren may compliment him. It also could be Ross complimenting him, but I think there might be more contrast with a Fitts/Ross tandem and a Bracewell/Lindgren tandem than the other way around.

I suspect the TBA is going to be Dakota Hudson. If he is our midweek guy, we're in very good shape. It also gives us the option to bring him out of the bullpen some as well.

preachermatt83
02-10-2014, 09:55 PM
the way Coach Cohen talked today, Lindy will be used very situationaly and very seldom in long relief. He said to look for him to be used as a set up man or a closer when needed.

NBdawg17
02-10-2014, 10:11 PM
I think Hudson will get the 4th game. Preston Brown will be another one who will get a look as a starter. I hope Bracewell can hang on to a rotation spot, but I really like him as a matchup guy. If he shows he can get lefties out, he may can keep that Sunday spot. Cohen has tons of options that for sure.

MsStateBaseball
02-10-2014, 10:19 PM
And we have a mid week game to think about too. Who matches up w Memphis? That goes into the Sunday thinking.

engie
02-10-2014, 10:33 PM
I think whichever doesn't start this weekend between Hudson and Sexton probably gets the start against Memphis. Almost endless options though...

Todd4State
02-10-2014, 10:46 PM
And we have a mid week game to think about too. Who matches up w Memphis? That goes into the Sunday thinking.

I'm thinking it's probably going to be Sexton, although Brown is certainly possible.

Will James
02-10-2014, 10:58 PM
the way Coach Cohen talked today, Lindy will be used very situationaly and very seldom in long relief. He said to look for him to be used as a set up man or a closer when needed.

**** that

AlSwearengen
02-10-2014, 11:33 PM
**** that

haha. That is curious though. I wonder if Lindgren is fragile?

Todd4State
02-10-2014, 11:53 PM
haha. That is curious though. I wonder if Lindgren is fragile?

He probably just likes coming out of the bullpen better. Some guys can start, and some can close, set-up etc. And then there are guys that are the opposite. They're good starters but not so good in relief. There's a reason why MLB has their bullpens set up a certain way.

preachermatt83
02-11-2014, 12:32 AM
He probably just likes coming out of the bullpen better. Some guys can start, and some can close, set-up etc. And then there are guys that are the opposite. They're good starters but not so good in relief. There's a reason why MLB has their bullpens set up a certain way.

exactly. that's what cohen was saying today about Lindy. He said that he tends to "hold back" and try to pace himself to much as a starter but as a situational guy he really goes after them. I trust Cohen and Butch to handle our pitchers the best way even if it's unconventional. I mean our whole run in the post season was some of the most unique use of pitchers I have ever seen but it was the most effective way of using them.