PDA

View Full Version : Hey, MSU already recruiting at Oxford HS again

ShotgunDawg
02-10-2014, 04:46 PM
Not sure if anyone noticed that one of Paul's Biscuits today said that Oxford HS cornerback K.T. McCollins would be coming to MSU's next junior day. Looks like that ban didn't last long.

So..... thanks Talty for creating a shit show that had much to do about nothing.

Coach34
02-10-2014, 04:51 PM
Looks like ol Johnny Hill has calmed down. But we are wasting our time recruiting there anyway. You think a kid would go from Starkville High to Ole Miss? Has it ever happened?

Liggins ended up at MTSU btw- the kid will get an education afterall...if you can call going to MTSU getting an education

jeremyrbrown
02-10-2014, 04:57 PM
Off the top of my head: Orlando Trainer and Eric Rice

Coach34
02-10-2014, 04:58 PM
Off the top of my head: Orlando Trainer and Eric Rice

exactly

Homedawg
02-10-2014, 04:59 PM
Neither of which had offers from us. But both are correct.

jeremyrbrown
02-10-2014, 05:02 PM
Neither of which had offers from us. But both are correct.

I would guess that we would've taken Trainer.

Homedawg
02-10-2014, 05:09 PM
He didn't have an offer because we didn't recruit him. He was an undersized guy that had a good career at ole miss. It happens. But we were never going to take him. No matter how bad it looks like we made a mistake he wasn't coming here because there was no interest on our part.

Coach34
02-10-2014, 05:10 PM
I dont even remember him- when did he play?

Homedawg
02-10-2014, 05:14 PM
Trainer Graduated in 92. From hs that is.

Westdawg
02-10-2014, 05:38 PM
Looks like ol Johnny Hill has calmed down. But we are wasting our time recruiting there anyway. You think a kid would go from Starkville High to Ole Miss? Has it ever happened?

Liggins ended up at MTSU btw- the kid will get an education afterall...if you can call going to MTSU getting an education

Wait, liggins the BIG QB/de is at MTSU now? When did that happen? Or am I thinking about the wrong recruit?

Big4Dawg
02-10-2014, 05:40 PM
The liggins we dropped.

Dallas_Dawg
02-10-2014, 05:41 PM
Wait, liggins the BIG QB/de is at MTSU now? When did that happen? Or am I thinking about the wrong recruit?
They are referring to Darius Liggins, a DE prospect from Oxford HS. We decided to rescind his offer and there was an article in the Clarion Liar that ripped our coaching staff for dropping him.
Looks like he got a scholly from a school where he might actually see the field.

maroonmania
02-10-2014, 06:10 PM

Well we certainly won't ever get anyone out of there that OM has any interest in. I agree, its about as wasteful as the time spent recruiting Sean Rawlings.

Todd4State
02-10-2014, 06:32 PM
I'm actually pretty pleased that we have done as well as we have at South Panola.

Todd4State
02-10-2014, 06:34 PM
Well we certainly won't ever get anyone out of there that OM has any interest in. I agree, its about as wasteful as the time spent recruiting Sean Rawlings.

If we did, that kid and his family might as well move. Ole Miss fans are nuts. We saw what happened when Liggins committed to LSU.

coachdaddy
02-10-2014, 06:52 PM
Johnny Hill is a good man and a good coach. In my opinion he said what he said because he is loyal to his players. Can't fault him for that. A lot of coaches would have done the same thing. In the end it worked out for everybody.

preachermatt83
02-10-2014, 07:52 PM
Johnny Hill is a good man and a good coach. In my opinion he said what he said because he is loyal to his players. Can't fault him for that. A lot of coaches would have done the same thing. In the end it worked out for everybody.

not to mention, it was mostly Talty trying to make a story!!

Count Istvan Teleky
02-10-2014, 08:39 PM
From Starkville and played at Ole Miss. Late 70s.

Robert and Jon.

Quite outspoken about the rivalry while in college.