PDA

View Full Version : Hevesy Co-OC

PendingTransaction
02-10-2014, 03:51 PM
I predicted it weeks ago. Got to get on the Dak Train!

hacker
02-10-2014, 04:21 PM

He has been co-oc for like 4 years.

SallyStansbury
02-10-2014, 04:49 PM
Put me in the unimpressed category. I think Mullen already has predictability/stubbornness issues with his offense and will likely end up having to bailed out of bad situations (3rd and long) by Dak scrambling. I hope we don't run him too much and get him injured again. Williams and Fitz better be ready.

Please let me be wrong with lots of misdirection wrinkles sprinkled into our 2014 offense to keep D's honest, beautiful pass routes, Shump shumping people with JRob behind him for long gains, etc....
Also, Coach please be sure to remind me Hevesy is a masterful recruiter and isn't an asshole and that he in fact recruited Chris Jones, right?
At least we can't run an injured 190 lb Perkins between the tackles again next year?

DownwardDawg
02-10-2014, 04:53 PM
This isn't new like hacker pointed out. He's always been the Run Game Coordinator and has helped with In-Game play calling according to Mullen. I don't think that will change a bit. They just added the Co-OC to his title. He will still be in charge of the run game and assist Mullen with play calling.

Coach34
02-10-2014, 04:54 PM
I hope nobody thought for 1 second we would actually hire an OC to run our offense? That's like believing in unicorns and the Easter Bunny

PendingTransaction
02-11-2014, 12:17 PM
This isn't new like hacker pointed out. He's always been the Run Game Coordinator and has helped with In-Game play calling according to Mullen. I don't think that will change a bit. They just added the Co-OC to his title. He will still be in charge of the run game and assist Mullen with play calling.

I was referring to the prediction that he would get the OC title.

Offshore Dawg
02-11-2014, 01:29 PM

Give this person a dog biscuit for being right

Todd4State
02-11-2014, 02:21 PM
One thing that I haven't seen discussed very much is the fact that bringing in someone different could actually lead to tension. Kind of like when Auburn brought in Tony Franklin during Tuberville's last year. It didn't work out very well.

If we had brought in someone like Jay Johnson, who is a good OC, there is still the potential to clash with Dan. And clashing is usually not good.

Todd4State
02-11-2014, 02:22 PM
I hope nobody thought for 1 second we would actually hire an OC to run our offense? That's like believing in unicorns and the Easter Bunny

I'm not sure why people want us to do anything different on offense. We set school records every year it seems like.

Political Hack
02-11-2014, 04:16 PM
I hope we out Chris Jones in the wildcat and let him out-kimchee Kimchee.

Goat Holder
02-11-2014, 04:23 PM
I agree. It seems that Dan needs to just do everything he can to keep a top level defensive coordinator on staff, since he doesn't seem to get involved in that AT ALL. Our worst performances in the Mullen Era have been due to defensive failures because he's completely at the mercy of his DC, at least during the current season.

I don't care as much as ST as others, because outside kicking I don't think we've been that bad. ST is all about motivation. So get the kicking straightened out, combine that with what seems to be new life inside our program, and our ST should be just fine.

SallyStansbury
02-11-2014, 04:39 PM
It reminds me of Rick Stansbury surrounding himself with a bunch of recruiters as assistant coaches (as mentioned in another thread), and then wondering why we lacked discipline or offensive strategy?

If Mullen and Hevesy are in lock step together I worry that we will become too predictable....Dak bailing us out of 3rd and long, Dak flying over the top of the pile for the touchdown and injuring his shoulder when we should have given the ball to JRob or Shump, that is my fear. Also, I worry that Hevesy could be Dan's McCorvey.....say other teams figure us out, and we see even more conservative play calling next season.....it could go downhill. Or maybe we will be the greatest ever, we just don't know until we see what they do.

Maybe Dan screaming at Hudspeth or some other OC looks bad to us fans, but so long as they bring a balance or a different opinion/perspective on offense that may not entirely be a bad thing. I see a lot of similarities between Rick and Dan. I like them both, but worry that Dan could go the way of Rick with his assistants. We better keep Collins. Credit to Dan or Loafers or whomever made that happen with a nice raise.

smootness
02-11-2014, 04:46 PM
It reminds me of Rick Stansbury surrounding himself with a bunch of recruiters as assistant coaches (as mentioned in another thread), and then wondering why we lacked discipline or offensive strategy?

If Mullen and Hevesy are in lock step together I worry that we will become too predictable....Dak bailing us out of 3rd and long, Dak flying over the top of the pile for the touchdown and injuring his shoulder when we should have given the ball to JRob or Shump, that is my fear. Also, I worry that Hevesy could be Dan's McCorvey.....say other teams figure us out, and we see even more conservative play calling next season.....it could go downhill. Or maybe we will be the greatest ever, we just don't know until we see what they do.

Maybe Dan screaming at Hudspeth or some other OC looks bad to us fans, but so long as they bring a balance or a different opinion/perspective on offense that may not entirely be a bad thing. I see a lot of similarities between Rick and Dan. I like them both, but worry that Dan could go the way of Rick with his assistants. We better keep Collins. Credit to Dan or Loafers or whomever made that happen with a nice raise.

Our offense will continue to be the same as it has been. If he has a QB like Dak, he will run them, there's no doubt about that, and it doesn't matter who the OC officially is.

And I'm ok with that. Running Tebow non-stop worked pretty well for Florida. I would like to keep Dak as fresh as possible, but the bottom line is, he's freaking hard to stop, and I want us to run the most effective plays.

We actually opened the playbook up quite a bit once Dak took the reins. He ran it a lot, but we also threw it a lot and used a lot of different formations.

Raytoraid83
02-11-2014, 10:27 PM

Lol