PDA

View Full Version : Maroon Alert: MSU Campus Closed Tomorrow

TheRef
02-10-2014, 12:07 PM
The following is the official announcement per MSU concerning the Starkville campus tomorrow due to icing. The official call on Wednesday will be made 3 PM Tuesday.

2/10/14 10:58 am
MSU to close Tuesday, Feb. 11, 2014, due to winter weather Severe winter weather conditions in Central and North Mississippi have made driving conditions extremely dangerous. The National Weather Service is predicting significant ice accumulations on the roads and surfaces. Please do not attempt to drive in these conditions except in an emergency. Also, please do not travel to campus. Mississippi State's Tuesday classes, day and evening, are being cancelled for the Starkville campus. Non-essential employees should not report to work. Faculty, staff and students are urged to use caution to ensure personal safety. The university will make an announcement Tuesday at 3 p.m. about the status of the institution for Wednesday. Monitor the MSU website for updates. Monitor local news outlets for changing conditions and advisories. Starkville campus residence halls remain open. Perry Cafeteria will close at 8 p.m. today [Feb. 10]. All campus dining facilities will close at 9 p.m. today [Feb. 10]. Perry Cafeteria will open 9 a.m. until 8 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 11. Other dining facilities will be closed, including those in the Colvard Student Union. Mitchell Memorial Library will close at 9 p.m. today [Feb. 10] and remain closed Tuesday. Sanderson Center will close at 9 p.m. today [Feb. 10]. Sanderson will open Tuesday 10 a.m. - 7 p.m. Tuesday. Campus dining hours Tuesday are: Perry Cafeteria open 9 a.m. - 8 p.m. Other dining facilities will be closed, including those in the Colvard Student Union. Students are urged to use caution as they move around campus. Sidewalks and outside stairs will be extremely slippery and most likely covered with ice in some areas.

starkvegasdawg
02-10-2014, 12:48 PM
I wish they would go and announce the elementary schools. I got an email from them saying they would make that decision late tonight.

Oh Ref, saw on the latest forecast discussion that they are saying some areas in the warning area may now get up to an 1" of ice and that the warning area may be expanded south a couple of counties. Is what you are seeing mirroring this? An inch of ice will wreak some havoc on power lines.

Rick Danko
02-10-2014, 12:54 PM
Hey Ref, my dad and I supposed to head south to Hattiesburg then across to Mobile AL tomorrow, what kind of weather is to be expected if you don't mind, need to figure out if I need to postpone the trip or consider leaving earlier like today. TIA.

TheRef
02-10-2014, 02:49 PM
Hey Ref, my dad and I supposed to head south to Hattiesburg then across to Mobile AL tomorrow, what kind of weather is to be expected if you don't mind, need to figure out if I need to postpone the trip or consider leaving earlier like today. TIA.

Jackson will the furthest extent of ice possibility. You should be fine.