PDA

View Full Version : Who is your sleeper recruit from the 2014 class? Why?

Coach34
02-10-2014, 11:25 AM
My choice is J.T. Gray

Delta kid
Extremely Athletic
Will finally get 3 square meals a day and out of Clarksdale

For Delta kids, that means alot and we see it pay off year after year. When this kid is a R-Soph, people will be wondering how we were able to pick him up so easy

messageboardsuperhero
02-10-2014, 11:31 AM
I like Deshon Cooper a lot- super athlete who fits the mold of what we like to do with LBs.

I also like Deion Calhoun. He looks like a big boy who can move and has a mean streak- we just need Hevesy to teach him how it's done in the SEC.

Squidawg11
02-10-2014, 11:35 AM
Nick Fitzgerald-Kid is unbelievably athletic. Once he gets polished as a QB, I think he will be one we talk about for a long time. He could also be an excellent TE.

Goat Holder
02-10-2014, 11:36 AM
1. Nick Fitzgerald - he'll end up being our Collin Klein. I think he's got what it takes.

2. Deion Calhoun - no real reason, just past precedent by our staff. They seem to be able to find these guys. Didn't he play like 8 man football or something?

CJDAWG85
02-10-2014, 11:40 AM
Jesse Jackson - good possession WR with good size and speed

Brahmabull
02-10-2014, 11:43 AM
Elgton Jenkins - He will be this year's Clausel or Malone. Completely ignored by schools due to perception he wouldn't make ACT. Extremely athletic

BrunswickDawg
02-10-2014, 11:51 AM
Nick Fitzgerald:
1) Having seen him in person in a live game, he is the real deal. Raw, but I think not as raw as everyone thinks.
2) He may be our DJ Shockley - guy who puts in his time, is the epitome of a "team first" guy who let's the other QB in his class get his due, and then puts up an unreal SR season leading his team to an SEC title and Top 10 finish. I like the sound of all that!

gtowndawg
02-10-2014, 11:53 AM
I don't think he will be all SEC, but I can see him being a solid 2 or maybe three year starter at right tackle. Needs to redshirt obviously.

tcdog70
02-10-2014, 11:58 AM
Elgton Jenkins - He will be this year's Clausel or Malone. Completely ignored by schools due to perception he wouldn't make ACT. Extremely athletic

My choice also. I like his height and He played on a good team. I like OL that have the height and athletic ability, We can put weight on them. I would rather have a OL that weighs 265 in HS than one that weighs 340. Like D Day-weighed about 265 out of high school

BeastMan
02-10-2014, 12:08 PM
Chris Rayford- crazy fast and athletic with a college body right now. The only reason he didn't get more hype was exposure (playing at Byhalia).

Deshon Cooper gets honorable mention. I might get some backlash for saying this but he and Gerri Green are almost identical players. Cooper is a hair behind as far as being physically ready but he's another long, rangy LB in the KJ Wright/Benardrick McKinney mold

justwin
02-10-2014, 12:31 PM
Graham. Yeah, he's a known commodity, but I think he can break Bumps td record, faster & bigger than either bump & Lewis.

Pollodawg
02-10-2014, 12:35 PM
Staley. In Mullen's system, kid's upside if threw the roof.

MSUDawg4Life
02-10-2014, 12:43 PM
I'm going to go with Darrion Hutcherson. One of the things I would like to see is our running game shift back to our RBs rather that depending on Dak Prescott so much. I think Hutcherson's blocking could be a big key to making that happen.

A dominant running game featuring the RBs - along with the passing game and a dominant defense - would make us difficult to handle next year.

Johnson85
02-10-2014, 01:51 PM
For Delta kids, that means alot and we see it pay off year after year. When this kid is a R-Soph, people will be wondering how we were able to pick him up so easy

Jenkins for this reason. I don't know anything about Jenkins family life, but I believe Fletcher Cox came from a pretty good if not rich family and he still benefited tremendously from the better nutrition and S&C training at state. We desperately need to hit on OL from this class so lets hope Jenkins develops like some of the other players from the past.

BogeyGolfer
02-10-2014, 03:32 PM
My choice is J.T. Gray

Delta kid
Extremely Athletic
Will finally get 3 square meals a day and out of Clarksdale

Welcome to last week... I said Gray was my sleeper in at least two- three post last week. I agree with your reasons he is very athletic, and I wouldn't be surprised if he played next year but with our depth, he will probably rs.

CadaverDawg
02-10-2014, 08:46 PM
I'll go with Ronald Cochran. Because I don't know who the **** he is, and if he ends up playing a single down, I'll probably win this competition.

THE Bruce Dickinson
02-11-2014, 12:23 AM
Brandon Bryant. Good size and speed. Has great vision and instincts and hopefully has a chip on his shoulder. Also from the same HS as McKinney.

maroonmania
02-11-2014, 11:44 AM
Braxton Hoyett. Just because he hasn't been mentioned and is our second lowest rated prospect (true sleeper). I haven't seen any of these guys play so its all a guess at this point anyway.