SS - #3 Nickoe Whitley

Coach34
05-01-2013, 12:43 PM
Per CBS sports: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2014/QB

RB - #3 LaDarius Perkins

QB - #8 Tyler Russell

OG - #2 Gabe Jackson

SS - #3 Nickoe Whitley

interesting Perkins is so high..but that list doesnt include Juniors yet or R-Soph's like Manziel that could come out early. Russell is going to have to have a good season to get drafted

Goat Holder
05-01-2013, 12:54 PM
Not to jinx us, but can you imagine what it would do for the image of MSU football, if Russell were to lead us to another 8-9 win season and get drafted, even if in the 3rd or 4th round. Finally get that QB monkey off our back. I realize we can't win big (as in win the SEC or national title) with our personnel in 2013, but Russell really could lay the foundation for a new era of success in Starkpatch. That's not being sheepish or promoting drop-back QBs.....that's just getting rid of a stigma.

msstate7
05-01-2013, 12:56 PM
interesting Perkins is so high..but that list doesnt include Juniors yet or R-Soph's like Manziel that could come out early. Russell is going to have to have a good season to get drafted
Do you think Manziel will be a good draft prospect? I don't, but I'm certainly no expert

MitchD24
05-01-2013, 01:06 PM
Manziel is gonna be on up there.. He's the type that nfl teams look for now, not the drop back passer type quaterbacks but the ones who can get out of the pocket. Look at the last couple of years with Cam Newton, RGIII, and Klein from Kansas State. I know Klein isn't in the NFL yet but he will be a pretty high pick imo

Goat Holder
05-01-2013, 01:11 PM
Manziel is gonna be on up there.. He's the type that nfl teams look for now, not the drop back passer type quaterbacks but the ones who can get out of the pocket.

I disagree completely. NFL will always gravitate towards pro-style QBs. That's the way football was invented to be played, at least at the highest level when the talent disparity is small.

Look at the last couple of years with Cam Newton, RGIII, and Klein from Kansas State.

One of those three doesn't belong.

Cam and RGIII were #1 and #2 pics taken. Klein wasn't even drafted. Cam and RGIII can throw the ball as well as they can run it. THAT is why the NFL took them. Think Donovan McNabb. You have to be able to throw the ball well at minimum. The only QB I can think of that didn't was Michael Vick, and he's just a freak running the ball, no one else is close. Manziel ain't at that level I'm afraid. Maybe I've misjudged him though. He's only a So.

msstate7
05-01-2013, 01:12 PM
Manziel is gonna be on up there.. He's the type that nfl teams look for now, not the drop back passer type quaterbacks but the ones who can get out of the pocket. Look at the last couple of years with Cam Newton, RGIII, and Klein from Kansas State. I know Klein isn't in the NFL yet but he will be a pretty high pick imo

Manziel is certainly a play maker, but his arm isn't in that class. Klein signed as free agent. Went undrafted

Homedawg
05-01-2013, 01:12 PM
Per CBS sports: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2014/QB

RB - #3 LaDarius Perkins

QB - #8 Tyler Russell

OG - #2 Gabe Jackson

SS - #3 Nickoe Whitley

This can't be right. Reason is many of our fans say Perkins is the third best back on our team. Im not knocking the other 2, but he is our best overall back. I do like Robinson a whole lot though. I realize others prefer Milton. But Robinson runs the zone so well, I'm a big fan.

Coach34
05-01-2013, 01:14 PM
Do you think Manziel will be a good draft prospect? I don't, but I'm certainly no expert

I think Manziel has a chance to be as good as RGIII- and appears more durable

hailmari
05-01-2013, 01:23 PM
I think that trend will eventually fade away. Owners aren't gonna want to dish out the cash for a QB who puts himself at a higher risk for injury every week. Good thing for RG3 is that he's a good passer, so he won't HAVE to run as much.

Dallas_Dawg
05-01-2013, 01:42 PM
Collin Klein from KSU was a senior this year and signed as an UFA with Houston or someone

fishwater99
05-01-2013, 01:44 PM
Perkins would be so much better with a FB in there to block for him..

slickdawg
05-01-2013, 01:49 PM
Perkins would be a nuclear weapon somewhere like New England. Belicheck knows how to correctly use talent like no other.

DawgInMemphis
05-01-2013, 01:58 PM

Being durable in CFB and in the NFL aren't the same thing. I also don't think Manziel is in the same class of passer as RGIII, but he's only a sophomore. You've gotta be able to throw the ball accurately in the pro game.

HereComesTheSpiral
05-01-2013, 02:00 PM
Perkins would be a nuclear weapon somewhere like New England. Belicheck knows how to correctly use talent like no other.

What about Houston? They like to throw it to the running backs, although I doubt kubiak could figure out how to use Perkins in order to take advantage of him.

pdawg10msu
05-01-2013, 02:01 PM

Klein didn't get drafted but he did get signed by the Texans, I was very surprised he wasn't drafted. I thought he would be what they for looking for to

Coach66
05-01-2013, 02:07 PM
quickest SOB I have ever seen, black or white. Somebody will take him early.

Coach34
05-01-2013, 02:10 PM
Being durable in CFB and in the NFL aren't the same thing. I also don't think Manziel is in the same class of passer as RGIII, but he's only a sophomore. You've gotta be able to throw the ball accurately in the pro game.

I agree on durability- but RGIII hasnt been durable on either level

Manziel completed 68% of his passes as a Freshman-I'm not sure where the questions on his accuracy are coming from

msstate7
05-01-2013, 02:17 PM
I agree on durability- but RGIII hasnt been durable on either level

Manziel completed 68% of his passes as a Freshman-I'm not sure where the questions on his accuracy are coming from

Tebow completed 60+% in college

Coach34
05-01-2013, 02:30 PM
Tebow completed 60+% in college

And Tebow has won more playoff games for the Broncos than Peyton Manning has

Tebow is erratic and has a jacked up throwing motion-Manziel is nothing like that. Like RGIII, Manziel is a QB that can also fly.

dawgM2
05-01-2013, 02:37 PM
Have to take these predictions with a grain of salt. Last year Bray was projected to be one of the top overall picks.