PDA

View Full Version : OT: MSU Final Four...

BogeyGolfer
02-09-2014, 04:20 PM
I cut on my local sports radio earlier and the Lady Dawg's game was being broadcast. My question to you ED posters is this... Would you spend your money to attend a women's game if we made the final four? I'm going to be honest and admit that I've never attended a women's game and I would probably watch if our ladies made it that far but really wouldn't care... I wonder how many among our fan base support this sport?

Saltydog
02-09-2014, 04:25 PM
I know that's not much of a direct answer but it would be part of my decision as to whether I attended or not......

TheRef
02-09-2014, 04:26 PM
I cut on my local sports radio earlier and the Lady Dawg's game was being broadcast. My question to you ED posters is this... Would you spend your money to attend a women's game if we made the final four? I'm going to be honest and admit that I've never attended a women's game and I would probably watch if our ladies made it that far but really wouldn't care... I wonder how many among our fan base support this sport?

I support the women's team. I don't follow them as religiously as the men's team but I follow them nevertheless.

Will James
02-09-2014, 05:09 PM
I might watch, but probably not.

PMDawg
02-09-2014, 06:03 PM
Women play sports?

dickiedawg
02-10-2014, 09:29 AM
I would definitely watch and have great interest. I would consider going if it was nearby, New Orleans or Atlanta. I would not likely pay through the nose for tickets, if they were anything like I imagine men's final four tickets to be.

Next year could be a lot of fun if our new superstar lives up to her billing.

quickstrike2
02-10-2014, 09:33 AM
I would be really proud for them, but no i can't see spending any money of them.

MSUDawg4Life
02-10-2014, 09:44 AM
I think I would. I never went to their games as a student and kinda feel guilty about that. If I could be a student again, I would make an effort to support all of our athletic teams by attending their contests. Just my opinion. Something I regret not doing as a student.

But, yeah. I would travel to support the ladies.

Esmerelda Villalobos
02-10-2014, 09:54 AM

I would go. I went to the womens final 4 in 2008. I actually had a good time. I lucked out and got to sit in a suite. Who was sitting next to me in his suite? George steinbrener. So, i partied with big stein!!

curmudgeon
02-10-2014, 10:58 AM
I watched them when they made the Sweet 16 a couple years ago, and I genuinely wanted them to win.

That's about all they are going to get out of me.

Johnson85
02-10-2014, 11:30 AM

If it was somewhere close that I wouldn't mind spending time there anyway, I would go provided the tickets were under $20. Basically it'd have to be in New Orleans. I want them to win, but it's hard to get excited for anything outside the top 3. It doesn't help that basketball is probably the worst sport as far as the differences between men and women's being glaring. Track, tennis, and soccer look like the same sport. To me, softball looks closer to baseball than women's basketball does to men's basketball, although at the rate that SEC basketball is going, that may not be true soon.