PDA

View Full Version : Gabe or Ladarious

dogshiek
02-09-2014, 02:43 PM
I just read on Yarbarker that Gabe is projected the 40th overall pick by the Vikings in the second round. Ladrious isn't mentioned anywhere in the first 4 rounds. Who is going to benefit more in the NFL combines?
http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/four_round_nfl_mock_draft/15591770?linksrc=story_home_right_head_15591770

Coach34
02-09-2014, 02:46 PM
Perkins

I think he is 5-6th round pick anyway- but he will show off his hands and such there that he should really help himself

Esmerelda Villalobos
02-09-2014, 03:22 PM
Perkins

I think he is 5-6th round pick anyway- but he will show off his hands and such there that he should really help himself

I agree ldp is a late rounder but i disagree bc i believe gabe can move into the first round. I say that for several reasons. He will be the strongest player in the draft. He almost benches 700. His squat is just stupid. Secondly, he is smart. Thirdly, he has character and comes from a good family. Fourth, he started 52 straight games. He doesnt get injured.

MarcoRubio
02-09-2014, 03:27 PM
I agree ldp is a late rounder but i disagree bc i believe gabe can move into the first round. I say that for several reasons. He will be the strongest player in the draft. He almost benches 700. His squat is just stupid. Secondly, he is smart. Thirdly, he has character and comes from a good family. Fourth, he started 52 straight games. He doesnt get injured.

I remember a TN DE benching 600 or so several yrs back. 700 got to be close to a record for NCAA

Irondawg
02-09-2014, 03:41 PM
LDP needs a good 40 time as well. Most of us will never know how truly banged up he was last year and how that affected him but he needs to put up some good numbers at the combine. If he does he could go 5-7 round but it also wouldn't surprise me to see him go undrafted as most teams would rather try to find a diamond at DE/DT or OL late in the draft than a RB.

I'd love to see Gabe move up to the 1st round but I'm skeptical it will happen

Todd4State
02-09-2014, 04:04 PM

If he's really benching 700, he will go to the combine for the bench press part and wonder where the rest of the weights are.

thf24
02-09-2014, 04:10 PM
I'd love to see Gabe move up to the 1st round but I'm skeptical it will happen

I agree. Any elite guard, which Gabe is, will have a hard time breaking into the first round. They just aren't the same commodity that tackles are in the NFL.

Coach34
02-09-2014, 04:13 PM

I agree about everything you said about Gabe- I just dont know that the Combine will be what pushes into the 1st- that may have already happened with what you mentioned plus him pushing ****ers around at the All-Star game he was in.

But I think we are all in agreement that the Combine SHOULD help both these guys- whereas it didnt help Dixon.

TheRef
02-09-2014, 04:15 PM
I agree about everything you said about Gabe- I just dont know that the Combine will be what pushes into the 1st- that may have already happened with what you mentioned plus him pushing ****ers around at the All-Star game he was in.

Many scouts already said after the All-Star game that he was the best OG for the South, FWIW.

defiantdog
02-09-2014, 04:27 PM
The combine may actually help Perkins more than Jackson. The scouts already know what they are looking for in Jackson. But what if Perkins throws down a 4.3 forty, hits 30 reps on the 225lb test, and clears 38" on the vertical jump? I don't think it'll jump him quite as much as Slay did last year, but it could definitely help.

dogshiek
02-09-2014, 04:29 PM
I would love to see Gabe move into the first round, but Perkins has the opportunity to improve his stock like Slay. Gabe is ha proven player. Ladarious didn't have a chance to show all of his talents this year. I hope Perk makes the most of this chance.

Political Hack
02-09-2014, 05:30 PM
I think Gabe could go late in the first to several teams that need help up front. I could see Denver even taking a shot at him if he's high enough on their board. I could see Seattle taking him along with almost anyone in the NFC South, the Pats, or the Colts. I think there's going to be a run on OL early and teams will start passing over the 5-6th OT for the best OG. I think it'll happen in the late part of the 1st round or early second. I can't see him lasting past the 9th pick in the second round (assuming that's Buffalo). buffalo could get Lewan (OT) in the first and Gabe (OG) in the 2nd and solve a LOT of problems. That would be a spectacular draft for Buffalo.

Dallas_Dawg
02-09-2014, 05:34 PM
Buffalo could also use Mike Evans who I think will be the best receiver in this draft when it's said and done. There is a lot of WR depth this year but Evans is just too good to pass up, IMO

AFDawg
02-09-2014, 05:43 PM
If he's really benching 700, he will go to the combine for the bench press part and wonder where the rest of the weights are.

705 was Larry Allen's bench press.