PDA

View Full Version : Diamond Formation

Dallas_Dawg
02-09-2014, 02:03 PM
Re-watching the Liberty bowl, and we scored our first TD out of the diamond with two wide. It got me to thinking that the domain should be a big part of our offense next year with the talent we have at RB.
Any 3 out of J-Rob, Shump, A-Train, and Griffin would be absolutely lethal. Add Jameon in motion with DeRunnya out wide or a double TE set would be wrinkles that could keep a defense on its heels.
I surely hope that the diamond is worked on more in spring practice. This formation can help us get our game breaking RBs on the field for more snaps which can only lead to big things. I think we have only scratched the surface of what this formation can do for our Offense in 2014

preachermatt83
02-09-2014, 02:04 PM
I agree completely

CadaverDawg
02-09-2014, 02:13 PM
Re-watching the Liberty bowl, and we scored our first TD out of the diamond with two wide. It got me to thinking that the domain should be a big part of our offense next year with the talent we have at RB.
Any 3 out of J-Rob, Shump, A-Train, and Griffin would be absolutely lethal. Add Jameon in motion with DeRunnya out wide or a double TE set would be wrinkles that could keep a defense on its heels.
I surely hope that the diamond is worked on more in spring practice. This formation can help us get our game breaking RBs on the field for more snaps which can only lead to big things. I think we have only scratched the surface of what this formation can do for our Offense in 2014

Good post. I agree. There are so many options out of that set. And it could lead to a ton of play action opportunities

Offshore Dawg
02-09-2014, 02:27 PM
OSU ran all over our ass using it first game last year.

dogshiek
02-09-2014, 02:53 PM
I think the diamond formation fits our personnel. With our line and running backs, we should be able to ground and pound. Whenning!

blacklistedbully
02-10-2014, 11:11 AM
http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?10680-Anybody-else-think-it-would-be-fun-to-see-some-Flexbone-formation-with

Interesting you should post this. From a post I made pre-Rice game back on 12/25:

Anybody else think it would be fun to see some Flexbone formation with....
JRob at fullback, Lewis & Perk as slotbacks, and, of course DP at QB? Put Bear & RoJo at WR, maybe Samuel, and mix in others as the game goes on.

I'm not suggesting a change in offense so much as an occasional change-of-pace. Would it really require much prep time to add, given the time we've had to get ready?

Man, I'd love to have Perk, Jrob AND Lewis as options with DP at the same time. I figure our O-linemen are quick enough to do it, too.

Thoughts?

Goat Holder
02-10-2014, 11:30 AM
True, but we could have stopped it had Denico Autry's head not been stuck up his own ass the whole game.

It's a good formation, but I'm still of the opinion that execution trumps design. For us, the easier it is to execute, the more success we'll have with it. I think that's why the spread works so well for us.