PDA

View Full Version : OT digital vector files of our msu banner logo

archdog
02-09-2014, 01:44 AM
I am working on a 1926 Ford Model T MSU gameday car. The car has been in the family since 1926 and I am going to restore it for use on gamedays in starkville. My plans include a new hardwood floor with an inset MSU stainless steel logo inset into it. Anyone know where I could get a digital copy of the banner logo? I could make one in autocad, but I was hoping someone had a copy. It has to be a file type that a cnc machine can use.

Political Hack
02-09-2014, 08:54 AM
I know a graphics guy that can probably make one off the photo pretty cheap. he's done a lot of graphics stuff for me and I've always been happy with his work.

oh... and the title to your thread should've been "bad ass State related project: need some help.". I was not expecting to see a thread about a 26' Ford. That's awesome man. You HAVE to post pics along the way.

Dawgbite
02-09-2014, 09:32 AM
Iron Dawg Metal in Amory is licensed by the university and have all the TM logos. They CNC wall hangings and yard art mostly but I have had other stuff done. PM me and I will give you his cell #. They have a Facebook page and he is an poster on here or SPS but I can't remember which. I really want to see the car when it's finished. I am currently restoring/refurbishing a 64 Wiilys CJ5 and I considered going maroon and making a MSU game day ride but I may keep it original.

archdog
02-09-2014, 09:08 PM
I am a purist at heart. I love cars that are original and really sneaky restomod. My idea for my 1926 model t is to get it freshened up with new black paint, replace the wood cabin floor with a polished hardwood with an inlaid Stainless steel or Alum Ms logo in the floor. The only other thing I am going to the car is a maroon pin stripe around the cab and script HAILSTATE above the two door handles.

FlabLoser
02-09-2014, 10:12 PM
I'd love to see pics of this now and as the project goes on.

SignalToNoise
02-10-2014, 10:00 AM
Please keep a build log or post progress pics. Shit like this is very cool.

curmudgeon
02-10-2014, 11:02 AM
Wiki Commons has an SVG file that should work.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/3e/Mississippi_State_Bulldogs.svg