PDA

View Full Version : Larry brown

msstate7
02-08-2014, 07:34 PM
How did smu get a coaching legend? I'd love to snag an assistant coach from smu that's learned under brown. I mean as an assistant not to replace ray

esplanade91
02-08-2014, 08:22 PM
Dallas + $$$$$$$

msstate7
02-08-2014, 09:22 PM
Smu is throttling #7 cinci. Larry brown is still perhaps the best basketball coach around

esplanade91
02-08-2014, 09:32 PM
Smu is throttling #7 cinci. Larry brown is still perhaps the best basketball coach around

Don't put too much weight on that. My boss is a diehard Cincy bball fan and he's been saying all season that this team is going to be a last 4 in or last 4 out team. Even after their win over #12 Louisville he said that when we look back at it at the end of the season it's going to be a quality win but not a top 15 win.

That being said, Larry Brown is one of the greats. I'm almost certain that they brought him in by paying him a ton of money and saying their expectations weren't high, that he could do what he wanted and conduct business his way so long that he leaves them in really good shape for his successor.

Perks of being in a non-college town. You can attract NBA coaches easily.

HailState39110
02-09-2014, 08:07 AM
Larry Brown has signed a few of the top basketball prospects in the Dallas area the past two years and has 2 4 star Dallas bball studs committed. He is accumulating top level talent at SMU

chef dixon
02-09-2014, 12:56 PM
Don't put too much weight on that. My boss is a diehard Cincy bball fan and he's been saying all season that this team is going to be a last 4 in or last 4 out team. Even after their win over #12 Louisville he said that when we look back at it at the end of the season it's going to be a quality win but not a top 15 win.

Your boss doesn't know what he's talking about. They could lose out and still comfortably make the dance.