PDA

View Full Version : Jake Vickerson was 3-3 today in the scrimmage and has thrown out a total of 3 runners

Saltydog
02-08-2014, 06:43 PM
from the OF in the scrimmages thus far. Gonna be hard to keep him outta the lineup IMO. I don't want to get too over confident but I like the make up of this squad. I'm stoked. Now if we can just avoid injuries this could be another fun year. I hear Randolph is making a strong push for that catching position. He's come a long way according to the coaches.

messageboardsuperhero
02-08-2014, 06:59 PM
We've known since day 1 that Vickerson can get on base and make things happen- the question for him was, how will he adjust to the outfield? By all accounts, he's passing that test with flying colors. Vickerson may not have a Renfroe arm (not many do), but he can definitely chuck it.

It looks like Vickerson is a legit SEC outfielder/leadoff hitter- and not to brag or anything, but I called this before he even got to campus.

Saltydog
02-08-2014, 07:07 PM
threat to steal bases, something we need badly. Watched an interview with Mingione today and he talked about how good his plate discipline has been. Gonna be some good players sharing time in that OF this year.

The Croom Diaries
02-08-2014, 07:23 PM
The great thing is the depth we have at every position, especially in the outfield. Robson, Vickerson, Bradford, Henderson and Brown are all good enough to start in the SEC right now. That is going to be a huge plus if we have injuries.

Todd4State
02-08-2014, 07:35 PM
We've known since day 1 that Vickerson can get on base and make things happen- the question for him was, how will he adjust to the outfield? By all accounts, he's passing that test with flying colors. Vickerson may not have a Renfroe arm (not many do), but he can definitely chuck it.

It looks like Vickerson is a legit SEC outfielder/leadoff hitter- and not to brag or anything, but I called this before he even got to campus.

Dizzy Dean should be the spokesperson for EliteDawgs. It ain't bragging if you said it.

Kudos to you.

And I will now brag about putting him in the lineup yesterday on EliteDawgs.

Todd4State
02-08-2014, 07:39 PM
The great thing is the depth we have at every position, especially in the outfield. Robson, Vickerson, Bradford, Henderson and Brown are all good enough to start in the SEC right now. That is going to be a huge plus if we have injuries.

I think Cody is a very good defender, but he has to prove to me that he can hit SEC pitching though.

If Henderson hit into too many double plays and has some bad at bats, we could very well see Vickerson and Robson. The other option is Henderson is forced to perform. I'm fine with either one.

The Croom Diaries
02-08-2014, 08:31 PM
I think Cody is a very good defender, but he has to prove to me that he can hit SEC pitching though.

I guess I meant he's good enough to start for a SEC team. He may not be good enough to start for us though. I'm sure we'll ride Henderson the entire year in RF - he deserves that. The kid is clutch.

Updated scrimmage stats if anyone is interested: http://maroonandwhitenation.com/2014/02/08/baseball-scrimmage-stats/