PDA

View Full Version : Tee Shepard will fit right in at Ole Miss....arrested

Kosydawg
02-08-2014, 02:49 PM
Per Kosyonline, Tajani Shepard, which is Tee's legal name was arrested jailed in Attala county on 1/25/14. Charges were: failure to yield to emergency vehicle, no drivers license, speeding, and reckless driving...... Why we offered after that is beyond me but glad it went the other way.....Great addition to Freeze's class..

dogshiek
02-08-2014, 02:53 PM
University of Ole Miss having trouble with the LAW again.

Homedawg
02-08-2014, 02:53 PM
I get it because its tee but I'm more of the type not to throw rocks in a glass house. We have our share too.

hacker
02-08-2014, 02:56 PM
Man, maybe he didn't hear the siren. Not joking. Kinda feel bad.

Kosydawg
02-08-2014, 02:57 PM
From being arrested on 1/25 and jailed to cashing in on signing day and being a grade risk......living the dream. A lot of risk there, glad it worked out for them...If you get in trouble in Attala county, oxford will really be a problem

hailmari
02-08-2014, 03:02 PM
We offered long before that, I think. But this happened not long before he committed.

EAVdog
02-08-2014, 03:04 PM
Wonder if some good free lawyering was part of the deal?

RC3
02-08-2014, 03:05 PM
I don't think this is true. Edit:Oh misread that. Might be true

Kosydawg
02-08-2014, 03:09 PM
100 percent true....I spoke to arresting officer today at upward basketball.....

RC3
02-08-2014, 03:12 PM
Hmmmm I missed the arrest date when I first saw the post. Regardless, these are just traffic violations and not a big deal

Coach66
02-08-2014, 03:17 PM
They told him they could basically handle it for him. Heard about it yesterday afternoon but didn't post anything.

BeardoMSU
02-08-2014, 03:18 PM
So, had Tee not flipped to OM, and signed with us, what would the perception be? Given that this incident happended awhile ago...

RC3
02-08-2014, 03:22 PM
Guys. It's just traffic offenses. Won't need anyone to "take care" of it. Just some fines is all he is looking at

Coach34
02-08-2014, 03:22 PM
This is more about young stupidity than character at this point. But just chalk it up to another "coincidence" in Ole Miss crootin

defiantdog
02-08-2014, 03:23 PM
That would answer why Paul said MSU personnel drove Tee to his OV on the 31st

NCDawg
02-08-2014, 03:25 PM

Probably nobody on this page will remember, but some lawyer from Kosciusko got us in trouble with the NCAA over one of our players reportedly buying clothes at a discount in Okolona. Beginning of Bob Tyler's downfall.

RC3
02-08-2014, 03:27 PM
Probably nobody on this page will remember, but some lawyer from Kosciusko got us in trouble with the NCAA over one of our players reportedly buying clothes at a discount in Okolona. Beginning of Bob Tyler's downfall.

I'd like to know more on this. Remember any more details?

dawgoneyall
02-08-2014, 03:37 PM
Well the Principal and basketball coach at Falkner and North Tippah Superintendent of Ed were the people who turned MSU in after uofm's offer was turned down.

woozman
02-08-2014, 03:43 PM
Guys. It's just traffic offenses. Won't need anyone to "take care" of it. Just some fines is all he is looking at

That's true, but they'll be substantial. I was pulled over and taken to jail in '90 when I was still in HS. Some friends and I were driving home (were not drinking) and I was going 70 in a 35 (yeah, I know, but I was 17). I honestly didn't see him kick on his blue lights when he passed me because my backseat was full of people, but he came up behind me at a redlight and he was pissed off and hauled me in. They hit me with speeding, failure to yield to blue lights, and reckless driving. The fines were bad, but what was worse was the insurance increase due to the reckless driving. I thought my dad was going to straight up kick my ass bar fight style when he found out how much the insurance was going to go up...

OurState
02-08-2014, 03:44 PM
Per Kosyonline, Tajani Shepard, which is Tee's legal name was arrested jailed in Attala county on 1/25/14. Charges were: failure to yield to emergency vehicle, no drivers license, speeding, and reckless driving...... Why we offered after that is beyond me but glad it went the other way.....Great addition to Freeze's class..

This is probably why Mullen backed off. Maybe it wasn't so much that TSUN flipped him as that we faded away...

NCDawg
02-08-2014, 03:45 PM
Well the Principal and basketball coach at Falkner and North Tippah Superintendent of Ed were the people who turned MSU in after uofm's offer was turned down.

Been a long time ago, but I remember the kid from Kosciusko we were after was a RB by the name of Jeffery Moore. Think he eventually signed with Jackson State.

bully99
02-08-2014, 03:50 PM
RC3 ,you must be young. The probation under Bob Tyler is one of the most infamous episodes in our history. Mid 70's.

The store owner in Okolona was Howard Miskelly,father of the miskelly sons who own the furniture store. Biggest ncaa scam
ever with the cheating going on back then.

dogshiek
02-08-2014, 03:51 PM
Poor kid now owes his soul to the company store.

RC3
02-08-2014, 03:53 PM
RC3 ,you must be young. The probation under Bob Tyler is one of the most infamous episodes in our history. Mid 70's.

The store owner in Okolona was Howard Miskelly,father of the miskelly sons who own the furniture store. Biggest ncaa scam
ever with the cheating going on back then.
Relatively. Born in 80

RC3
02-08-2014, 03:56 PM
Yeah the fines will be hefty and the increase in his insurance will be significant but it's still not a big deal IMO. Good news for him is that he will have a bear homer for a judge in all likelihood. Ha

FlabLoser
02-08-2014, 03:56 PM
This is probably why Mullen backed off. Maybe it wasn't so much that TSUN flipped him as that we faded away...

We didn't back off.

bully99
02-08-2014, 04:00 PM
Larry Gillard was the player. State had to forfeit all wins from 75 76 77 that Gillard played in. That's why tsun can claim two more wins on state than they actually have. Still makes me mad.

maroonmania
02-08-2014, 04:08 PM
We didn't back off.

Exactly, the ONLY way we would have potentially backed off over something like this was if drunk driving was involved which apparently it was not. Most logically we have more depth at CB for him to compete with right now than OM plus OM likely offered some things we weren't willing to match. If you aren't into a negotiating mode I don't understand why you are conversing with someone up to 2:30 in the morning.

Kosydawg
02-08-2014, 04:31 PM
What is surprising to me is this.....Ole Miss usually finds out about these type things with our players and commits early and goes public but not this one. Almost makes you think they knew they had this kid to TSUN already.....just a thought??

FlabLoser
02-08-2014, 04:45 PM
What is surprising to me is this.....Ole Miss usually finds out about these type things with our players and commits early and goes public but not this one. Almost makes you think they knew they had this kid to TSUN already.....just a thought??

Yeah they wanted to sign him, so they didn't throw him under the bus first.

Martianlander
02-08-2014, 07:54 PM
I'd like to know more on this. Remember any more details?

Basically he took a discount that supposedly was not available to the general public. The players name escapes me after all these years. It would have probably gone away with a slap on the wrist except Bob Tyler tried to make a big deal out of it and sued, or tried to sue the NCAA. I'm not a fan of the NCAA but you have to know where to pick your fights. Tyler who became Athletic Director as well as Head Coach became completely distracted with this and let his coaching slide.

Statecoachingblows**
02-08-2014, 08:27 PM
The little traffic fines that come of it aren't a big deal. BUT just the fact that he was arrested looks bad, not what he was arrested for. There is still the recent arrest for sexual battery or whatever it was, those kinds of headlines will at least spike some extra interest from the ncaa. This was before he was on the team and all that, but shit starts adding up over time. Say he gets popped again for some little driving without a license citation, new headline will be that another OM player arrested doesn't really matter why at that point. My main question is why a 17,18 or however old he is doesn't have a license.

Political Hack
02-08-2014, 08:40 PM
he was arrested before he signed and before he flipped. the ability to offer pro bono legal assistance in situations like these can be quit appealing to a kid who's in trouble. Happened with Tobias and now with Tee...

bully99
02-08-2014, 08:58 PM
RC3 I will write something about it later, don't feel like it now. It was a very nasty situation.

Martianlander, I gave you the name of the player above your post. Larry Gillard.

Martianlander
02-08-2014, 10:06 PM
RC3 I will write something about it later, don't feel like it now. It was a very nasty situation.

Martianlander, I gave you the name of the player above your post. Larry Gillard.

Thanks-I either missed that or yours came in as I was posting, but you are correct. It rang a bell when I read it.

UMCDawg16
02-08-2014, 10:36 PM
I heard about Tee getting arrested a few days ago and word is someone associated with OM "took care" of the charges and basically handed Tee an LOI and said 'you're welcome'. Needless to say the arrest played a huge role with him being a bear on signing day. My source on this is credible.

BossDawg
02-08-2014, 10:37 PM

Those O-town lawyers were probably literally falling over each other in a panic trying to help.

dawgoneyall
02-08-2014, 11:02 PM
Gillard from Falkner is the player that got us on probation.

Goat Holder
02-08-2014, 11:12 PM
Larry Gillard was the player. State had to forfeit all wins from 75 76 77 that Gillard played in. That's why tsun can claim two more wins on state than they actually have. Still makes me mad.

Claiming forfeited losses as wins is gay. We won on the field, that's what counts. 45-59-6 vs. Ole Miss, 14-12-1 against the buzzards. End of story as far as I'm concerned.

NCDawg
02-09-2014, 12:42 AM
Gillard from Falkner is the player that got us on probation.

Not that charge only. They had several other mickey mouse charges that the Ole Miss people got the NCAA to investigate. Bob Tyler had our program on the upswing and they couldn't stand it.

Political Hack
02-09-2014, 08:56 AM
Not that charge only. They had several other mickey mouse charges that the Ole Miss people got the NCAA to investigate. Bob Tyler had our program on the upswing and they couldn't stand it.

sounds familiar.

DLGDawg
02-09-2014, 12:45 PM
sounds familiar.
Very familiar. In my 45 years, the pattern has continued.
Jackie busted that butt in mid 90s though. Bwahahah

DevilDawg
02-09-2014, 01:09 PM
he was arrested before he signed and before he flipped. the ability to offer pro bono legal assistance in situations like these can be quit appealing to a kid who's in trouble. Happened with Tobias and now with Tee...

I masturbate to Coach34's facebook page

4Dawgs4Life
02-09-2014, 01:31 PM
I masturbate to Coach34's facebook page
can't believe some of the things we believe due to our hate

DevilDawg
02-09-2014, 01:48 PM
can't believe some of the things we believe due to our hate

Bafoom is my home and I wear red pants

DLGDawg
02-09-2014, 02:11 PM
Bafoom is my home and I wear red pants.

If you had a chronological play by play of rebel recruiting it would be thicker than the obamacare file.

Westdawg
02-09-2014, 02:14 PM
banhammer is ready to swing..........

DevilDawg
02-09-2014, 02:20 PM
If you had a chronological play by play of rebel recruiting it would be thicker than the obamacare file.

I has a tiny weiner

dogshiek
02-09-2014, 03:19 PM
Bye bye DevilDawg!

Political Hack
02-09-2014, 03:43 PM
I has a tiny weiner

I wish you and your tiny wiener the best.

Maroon Blood
02-10-2014, 09:15 AM
There is at least one who remembers it well, me. Lots of people don't know but we forfeited two Egg Bowl wins. The player was Larry Gillard. Here's the story:

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1346&dat=19780524&id=WlRNAAAAIBAJ&sjid=qfoDAAAAIBAJ&pg=6370,7222454

Johnson85
02-10-2014, 11:36 AM
Exactly, the ONLY way we would have potentially backed off over something like this was if drunk driving was involved which apparently it was not. Most logically we have more depth at CB for him to compete with right now than OM plus OM likely offered some things we weren't willing to match. If you aren't into a negotiating mode I don't understand why you are conversing with someone up to 2:30 in the morning.

I seriously doubt we would have backed off even over drunk driving unless we investigated and found some underlying issues. To me this is a non-issue. I don't think I have a single friend that couldn't have been popped with something similar when they were in high school or college.

hacker
02-10-2014, 11:36 AM
what did the rebs say in this thread? curious now.

NCDawg
02-10-2014, 11:42 AM
There is at least one who remembers it well, me. Lots of people don't know but we forfeited two Egg Bowl wins. The player was Larry Gillard. Here's the story:

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1346&dat=19780524&id=WlRNAAAAIBAJ&sjid=qfoDAAAAIBAJ&pg=6370,7222454

Bob Tyler was a good football coach. I remember he took over for Charley Shira, when Shira was moved to AD. When Shira died, we gave Tyler the AD job also, in hopes that he would stay with us. The new President, who I think was Dr. McCommas, wanted the duties separated, but Tyler wanted to keep both jobs. I'm not privy to all that transpired, but Tyler eventually resigned, and new AD Carl Maddox hired Emory Bellard over Bobby Collins.