PDA

View Full Version : MSU ATHLETIC DIRECTOR - SEATING

Bamboo
02-08-2014, 01:59 PM
Is there anyone at State with one ounce of common sense that is in a position of power? It looks pathetic to have so many empty seats right behind the bench in prime TV view. Our students who are the loudest and most passionate are hidden in the corner so they can not be seen. Playing KY at home and we get to see a disinterested old man texting on his cell phone oblivious to what's going on surrounded by empty seats.

maroonmania
02-08-2014, 02:18 PM
Well, that was a problem even before the basketball quality went to crap. Certainly not surprising its a huge issue now. Apparently the people who are willing to fork out dough are not the same people willing to actually attend games.

Bamboo
02-08-2014, 02:28 PM
http://i61.tinypic.com/2nrm3x5.jpg

bully99
02-08-2014, 02:36 PM
Kentucky fans ridiculing our"white out". Saying with all the empty seats it looks like a "maroon out".

tcdog70
02-08-2014, 02:37 PM
The Real MSU Basketball fans were run off for the $$$

Bamboo
02-08-2014, 02:39 PM
It's a hard sell out, isn't it?

TheDogFather
02-08-2014, 02:41 PM
Is there anyone at State with one ounce of common sense that is in a position of power? It looks pathetic to have so many empty seats right behind the bench in prime TV view. Our students who are the loudest and most passionate are hidden in the corner so they can not be seen. Playing KY at home and we get to see a disinterested old man texting on his cell phone oblivious to what's going on surrounded by empty seats.

Yeah. We should definitely alienate the ones that provide financial support and reward the totally dedicated students who don't pay anything with the best seats.

mstate68
02-08-2014, 02:42 PM
TV folks just said it looked more like a "salt and pepper" out.

Bamboo
02-08-2014, 02:45 PM
I would simply move the limited mobility fans to the other side. What's wrong with that? Move the interested fan base to the area that is on TV, behind the benches.

Bamboo
02-08-2014, 02:46 PM
More salt than pepper in our fan base it appears. :)

Bamboo
02-08-2014, 03:37 PM
Thanks Mr. Stricklin for clarifying that for me. But if there is anything you can do to help fill in the seats behind the bench, that would be great.

ScoobaDawg
02-08-2014, 05:16 PM
I would simply move the limited mobility fans to the other side. What's wrong with that? Move the interested fan base to the area that is on TV, behind the benches.

Students are not allowed behind the visitors Bench.
And you should never give up the prime dollar seats for the students. That's just stupid. Would you want the students behind the football team at the 50 yard line also???

The money people will show when there is a product worth supporting.
The team is fighting and improving but we are still NOT GOOD

TheRef
02-08-2014, 05:19 PM
Students are not allowed behind the visitors Bench.
And you should never give up the prime dollar seats for the students. That's just stupid. Would you want the students behind the football team at the 50 yard line also???

The money people will show when there is a product worth supporting.
The team is fighting and improving but we are still NOT GOOD

So you're saying never put the students back where they were before because of money? Okay then.

mic
02-08-2014, 05:24 PM
Actually The TV guys said behind the visiting basket for the 2nd half.
Back when I was in school the student section was from under the announce section where Jim and Jack were (half court) to the behind the basket. I think at one time the section right behind the 2nd half visitors basket was students as well.
We need more lower level seating for students.
And Scotts answer saying its an SEC rule to not be behind the bench is correct but students can be behind the visitors basket for the 2nd half. (Even the dump Sad Pad has student section behind the visitors 2nd half basket)
Bottom line is we have to adjust the seating in the Hump . PERIOD...

ScoobaDawg
02-08-2014, 05:31 PM
So you're saying never put the students back where they were before because of money? Okay then.

Ref I don't know when you are referring to the students sitting behind the team bench. In the years I've been going to Games or school the students were not behind the bench.

Political Hack
02-08-2014, 05:39 PM
I'm 100% against premium sideline seats for football and 100% for it in basketball. the entire length of the court (side the TV views) should be 6 rows deep of students from baseline to baseline. The 2-3 rows behind that should be individual game seats or visiting fans seating (they'll have to stand the enter game) and the other side of the court should be premium seating.

TheRef
02-08-2014, 06:21 PM
Ref I don't know when you are referring to the students sitting behind the team bench. In the years I've been going to Games or school the students were not behind the bench.

I wasn't saying behind the bench. I was simply referring to us no longer being shoved into a corner and back behind the announcer table.

Vandelaydawg
02-08-2014, 08:08 PM

Outstanding analysis Bamboo. Thanks so much for sharing and all the insightful replies you garnered. Without question we should return all of those loyal fans that were displaced and humilated to sit in the upper deck by those five figure annual donors. Those selfish thieves paying for the scholarships should never inconvenience others that for years occassionally gave their time.

Would also like to thank you for providing the vivid visual to show everyone of those same "loyal" patrons packing the rafters and having to look at all the empty seats below at what once was. For you to take the time out of your busy TV viewing schedule is comendable.****

dickiedawg
02-08-2014, 08:12 PM
Until the basketball team doesn't suck*,fans will stay home in droves. I'm hoping having an elite baseball team again will cure those ills as well but not holding my breath.

*I'm a Ray supporter but objectively, we suck.

Homedawg
02-08-2014, 08:38 PM
The student section was packed they need more seats****** he'll if we didn't have jr day we could have sat them all on the lower deck.