PDA

View Full Version : Idea to Increase Basketball Attendance

1bigdawg
02-08-2014, 12:11 PM
We could have three types of season tickets.
1) A full season ticket like we have now.
2) A weekend only ticket at a much higher per game price - targeted at those over an hour away.
3) A weeknight only season ticket at a much discounted price targeted at locals.

Those who pay more for the weekend ticket would be more likely to attend, because they paid more for each ticket. The weeknight games would get more attendance because it is easier for those who live closer to get to and from the games on a "school" night.

One caveat would be that any Ole Miss game would be included in the weekend ticket even if it is on a weeknight. Also, you'd probably want to put Kentucky on the weekend ticket to limit the attendance by the Big Blue nation.

What do you think??

CadaverDawg
02-08-2014, 12:16 PM
Here's my idea....Recruit and start Whenning

But in all seriousness, those aren't bad thoughts you've got. Why not try it

mic
02-08-2014, 12:17 PM
Move the student section... and do reseating for season ticket holders..

HancockCountyDog
02-08-2014, 12:42 PM
We could have three types of season tickets.
1) A full season ticket like we have now.
2) A weekend only ticket at a much higher per game price - targeted at those over an hour away.
3) A weeknight only season ticket at a much discounted price targeted at locals.

Those who pay more for the weekend ticket would be more likely to attend, because they paid more for each ticket. The weeknight games would get more attendance because it is easier for those who live closer to get to and from the games on a "school" night.

One caveat would be that any Ole Miss game would be included in the weekend ticket even if it is on a weeknight. Also, you'd probably want to put Kentucky on the weekend ticket to limit the attendance by the Big Blue nation.

What do you think??

I hate to admit this, but I turned down a free ticket today's game. I just didn't want to spend the morning and afternoon in the truck just to watch us play. I hope I'm the only one that feels that way today. Considering my buddy was trying to give away 4 tickets I doubt I am.

dogshiek
02-08-2014, 03:21 PM
Hit a jump shot. Score some points. Win some games. And they will come.

HailState39110
02-08-2014, 03:37 PM
I had 2 free tickets too. Just didn't feel like wasting 7 hours of my Saturday watching a team that doesn't have the horses to beat UK

Homedawg
02-08-2014, 03:43 PM
Move the student section... and do reseating for season ticket holders..

And this is going to increase attendance how?

mparkerfd20
02-08-2014, 03:50 PM
If you paid my gas, bought my ticket, bought me beer, and gave a $100 to boot I wouldn't go watch the crap we'rd putting on the floor right now. Call me fair weather or what you want, but crap is crap.