PDA

View Full Version : OM going REALLY far to troll MSU with this one.

The Croom Diaries
02-08-2014, 11:46 AM
This one is just crazy. To me it's even further out there than what they tried on Coach34. They sent me a 1,400 word e-mail about how they had the goods on OM cheating and were doing a story with deadspin, but wanted me to set them up as an editor of M&WN so they could fill in the blanks if deadspin left anything out...oh and they can't spill any of the beans because of the agreement they signed with deadspin. It's all right here:

http://maroonandwhitenation.com/2014/02/08/ole-miss-sets-bar-even-higher-trolling/

dogshiek
02-08-2014, 11:59 AM
Good grief. This email reads like an overseas scam. It has everything except I am the King of Ethiopia and I need your bank account number. Silly rebels.

Statecoachingblows**
02-08-2014, 12:04 PM
About 1/3 of the way down..."However, while I did spent my last year of undergrad at OM..." The University of Ole Miss can get you a good edumacation.

hailmari
02-08-2014, 12:18 PM
The only thing they could gain from this is the ability to laugh at our disappointment when/if it becomes obvious garbage. But by putting it out there, it not only allows the idea of their cheating to remain, but it will also grow. I fail to see where they could win with this troll attempt.

Political Hack
02-08-2014, 12:36 PM
"I have details on some of OM's recruiting violations that I'd like to publish." would've probably been better received.

14 words > 1,400 words. Maybe this guy really is an attorney.

CadaverDawg
02-08-2014, 12:39 PM
"I have details on some of OM's recruiting violations that I'd like to publish." would've probably been better received.

14 words > 1,400 words. Maybe this guy really is an attorney.

I now expect you to have several short (roughly 14 word) PM's in your inbox by new posters with "Dawg" in their usernames by the end of the weekend.**

Political Hack
02-08-2014, 12:50 PM
this is hilarious though... there's been rumors of Freeze being in Indy when he missed his Monday presser during the season, rumors of the bank in Bay Springs and a lot of Bay springs people being involved, and some of the businesses that assist are well known too.

They're basically perpetuating speculation and furthering specific accusations that have been levied by numerous people who tend to be fairly well tied into these things. I don't see how this is good for them?

Todd4State
02-08-2014, 01:00 PM
Good grief. This email reads like an overseas scam. It has everything except I am the King of Ethiopia and I need your bank account number. Silly rebels.

I was wondering which Nkemdiche brother they got to write that.

preachermatt83
02-08-2014, 01:10 PM
this is hilarious though... there's been rumors of Freeze being in Indy when he missed his Monday presser during the season, rumors of the bank in Bay Springs and a lot of Bay springs people being involved, and some of the businesses that assist are well known too.

They're basically perpetuating speculation and furthering specific accusations that have been levied by numerous people who tend to be fairly well tied into these things. I don't see how this is good for them?

I have heard that as well and always thought it was just silly. Bay Springs is one of the poorest towns in MS. The only people in the entire town of Bay Springs with money are the Alexanders. The only bank in Bay Springs is a little branch bank too. I just never understood this.

ScottH
02-08-2014, 01:14 PM
Send it to compliance@olemiss or whatever address Bucky's gave out.

SDDawg
02-08-2014, 01:15 PM
Please send all inquiries here: thetuohys@hottytoddy.net. They'll take care of it. **

gtowndawg
02-08-2014, 01:16 PM
[QUOTE=The Croom Diaries;130808]This one is just crazy. To me it's even further out there than what they tried on Coach34. They sent me a 1,400 word e-mail about how they had the goods on OM cheating and were doing a story with deadspin, but wanted me to set them up as an editor of M&WN so they could fill in the blanks if deadspin left anything out...oh and they can't spill any of the beans because of the agreement they signed with deadspin. It's all right here:

I got a call from Jamacia yesterday confirming it. Nice guy...I gave him my social security number.

The Croom Diaries
02-08-2014, 01:26 PM
The only thing they could gain from this is the ability to laugh at our disappointment when/if it becomes obvious garbage. But by putting it out there, it not only allows the idea of their cheating to remain, but it will also grow. I fail to see where they could win with this troll attempt.

I assume they figured if they could get in our editorial they'd have the ability to delete any really bad anti-OM stories, or try to take it over or something. I've been publishing quite a few over the last few weeks.

thunderclap
02-08-2014, 01:28 PM
It's pathetic that there are adults out there who have nothing better to do. It's a football rivalry. Get over it.

State82
02-08-2014, 05:07 PM
They are much sicker and demented than I thought. And I already knew they were out of control.

hacker
02-08-2014, 05:16 PM
I was wondering which Nkemdiche brother they got to write that.

haha.. well done

Martianlander
02-08-2014, 07:44 PM
My understanding is that this was a class project from one of their journalism courses.

Dawgowar
02-08-2014, 07:57 PM
My understanding is that this was a class project from one of their journalism courses.

So a public university is trying to negatively and willfully impact a private citizen's business? Interesting.