PDA

View Full Version : Is it me or

Statecoachingblows**
02-07-2014, 08:38 PM
Does this offseason just seem way different from the norm for us? All the hypo/hope for the 2014 season may have my blinders on, but things just seem different from any year I can remember. A few things are somewhat obvious with the lack of major recruiting drama (Little bs but kept the ones on board that we really needed to), some higher expectations, and actually keeping a coach that has his name getting kicked around a bit. I haven't ever really followed any boards before stumbling on EliteDawgs but is this attempt at infiltration by bears a common thing every offseason?

Like I said may have on blinders but something just seems a little different and in a good way

Coach34
02-07-2014, 09:17 PM
The BearShark fans have tried every offseason the last 5 years to make State fans uneasy about Mullen. They have figured out the mf'er can coach and cant stand the fact he stays in Sville.

At first it was "Mullen is going to leave State first chance he gets"
Then it became "Mullen cant recruit"
Then it was "well, Mullen hasnt beaten an SEC West team except OM"
Then it was "Mullen won with Crooms recruits"
Then it was "Freeze is going to run Mullen out of Starkville"
Now its "why cant Mullen do better than 7-6 in Year 5?"

The spin changes every season. But most State fans have woken up and realize 2014 is set up to be a gret season for us. Should be alot less drama this offseason

Statecoachingblows**
02-07-2014, 09:36 PM
I have openly admitted my name was made during the hangover from the Auburn game can I get a couple sarcasterisks or something??? Anyway, I think that is really interesting to see that. Reaching and reaching that whole shit show will come crashing down and I can't wait. On the flip side I kinda want freezus to stick around a while guy is lost when it comes to the stuff that counts.

Coach34
02-07-2014, 10:01 PM
I have openly admitted my name was made during the hangover from the Auburn game can I get a couple sarcasterisks or something???

Fans get emotional. It's part of what makes sports so great. Let u know if you want a name change- I think we can do that

CadaverDawg
02-07-2014, 10:06 PM
Our fans finally Get It, one. And two, our team is going to be bad ass in 2014. Combine those two things, and there is no reason for it NOT to feel different. That feeling you are feeling, is called confidence and pride. It's also the feeling you feel after beating the shit out of some punk ass that has talked shit to you for years until you decided to stop taking it and curbed his goofy ass.

Welcome to the feeling that all MSU fans should feel right now.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-n8fTAl6OmIc/UuvbxFYlPJI/AAAAAAAACbQ/2_bTM5iVylM/s1600/clint-nod.gif

Statecoachingblows**
02-07-2014, 10:06 PM
Just a few *** at this point heat of the moment for sure. Been some moments but Dan has us in the right direction. Like the direction things are headed. And it'll help my street cred!

hells bells
02-07-2014, 10:12 PM
Just a few *** at this point heat of the moment for sure. Been some moments but Dan has us in the right direction. Like the direction things are headed. And it'll help my street cred!

I agree that State looks to be in the right direction. The Alabama game to me was the turn around. I think then the men on the field believed.

Statecoachingblows**
02-07-2014, 10:50 PM
Confidence going into a season hate to say it but that might be it. And I definitely agree the bama game going into the rest of the season got the ball rolling

Esmerelda Villalobos
02-07-2014, 10:52 PM
The BearShark fans have tried every offseason the last 5 years to make State fans uneasy about Mullen. They have figured out the mf'er can coach and cant stand the fact he stays in Sville.

At first it was "Mullen is going to leave State first chance he gets"
Then it became "Mullen cant recruit"
Then it was "well, Mullen hasnt beaten an SEC West team except OM"
Then it was "Mullen won with Crooms recruits"
Then it was "Freeze is going to run Mullen out of Starkville"
Now its "why cant Mullen do better than 7-6 in Year 5?"

The spin changes every season. But most State fans have woken up and realize 2014 is set up to be a gret season for us. Should be alot less drama this offseason

I rarely agree with peaches, and for those that know me, Im not a huge dan fan. Boys, this year, there is only one thing left to do......

Coach34
02-07-2014, 10:59 PM
I rarely agree with peaches..

aight ****er- dont forget I'll see your ass next month

I seen it dawg
02-07-2014, 11:10 PM
I rarely agree with peaches, and for those that know me, Im not a huge dan fan. Boys, this year, there is only one thing left to do......

Win the whole, ****ing, thing

moss818
02-07-2014, 11:30 PM
I too was ready for a change this past season. Maybe not a head coaching change, but something. I was tired of seeing our team lay down or melt down in the second half of games. My change came in the aTm game. I saw us actually "fight" for four quarters. Then the Alabama game showed me that we could get it done with the right QB; Russell did about all he could. Then we fought for 4+ quarters with Arkansas, u of m, and Rice. Fellas, I am genuinely excited about the direction of OUR program and OUR STATE!