PDA

View Full Version : Things that a new/refurbished (gulp) baseball stadium must have

bulldogcountry1
02-07-2014, 03:33 PM
1. The LFL must be preserved to some extent, but made safe. No more plywood and 16 penny nails. I've seen pics of some of those things on twitter recently, and if I were Stricklin, I would be crapping alumni name-embossed bricks. We need to go with prefab individual units that people can cutomize.

2. There must be a student only section in RF.

3. There needs to be a place for kids to play: Wiffle ball, playground, and boucy things on the weekends.

4. Enough restrooms to handle up to 15,000.

5. Enough food and drink to handle up to 15,000.

6. Premium seating/skyboxes (even though I can't afford it) that don't leak.

7. Real brick. No fake garbage. Anywhere.

8. Better press boxes.

bully99
02-07-2014, 03:51 PM
Good sightlines. Real Grass. Lots of toilets. No ads on outfield fence.
Good food.

drummerdawg
02-07-2014, 04:25 PM
It doesn't have to be on the outfield wall but I'd like to see past accomplishments somewhere inside the park. Would look good on tv.

DCdawg
02-07-2014, 04:31 PM
I think some sort of plaza would be pretty cool - similar to Autozone when you first walk in the gate.

preachermatt83
02-07-2014, 04:36 PM
It doesn't have to be on the outfield wall but I'd like to see past accomplishments somewhere inside the park. Would look good on tv.

i agree!

Goat Holder
02-07-2014, 04:43 PM

Yes!! Not sure why we ever went away from this. Safety I guess, had to put the padding on the fence.

engie
02-07-2014, 05:29 PM

Would be perfect above the bottom concourse wrapping the base of the skyboxes -- if you don't put Ribbon Boards there...

messageboardsuperhero
02-07-2014, 05:45 PM
It was mentioned when we were doing the listening sessions and hasn't been talked about much since- but I'd really love an old school scoreboard on the RF wall. Obviously the scoreboard could be electronic instead of manual, and it could have SEC and other college baseball scores. It could be a smaller version of the one in Philadelphia:

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/.element/img/4.0/global/swapper/201105/110509.24.jpg

sleepy dawg
02-07-2014, 05:58 PM
"3. There needs to be a place for kids to play: Wiffle ball, playground, and boucy things on the weekends."

I think that is needed for sure. I don't have kids, so my tolerance of their shenanigans and lack of attention to the game is low and unforgiving. This is needed for parents, kids, and those without kids.

ScottH
02-07-2014, 06:26 PM
"3. There needs to be a place for kids to play"

How about at home with the babysitter?

(To all you fine folks with young kids, please un-bunch your panties. It is meant as a harmless joke)

Schultzy
02-07-2014, 06:31 PM
Stricklin said today on radio that whatever we do it's going to be dramatic. I thought total demolition and new construction was laughable at first but now believe it's the only way to do it right.

Unless some architect can work a miracle I just don't see how we get around new construction. Even if we have to wait a few years to get it funded.

messageboardsuperhero
02-07-2014, 06:44 PM
Stricklin said today on radio that whatever we do it's going to be dramatic. I thought total demolition and new construction was laughable at first but now believe it's the only way to do it right.

Unless some architect can work a miracle I just don't see how we get around new construction. Even if we have to wait a few years to get it funded.

I would have absolutely no problem waiting an extra year or two to start raising the funds if it meant that we tore down the grandstand and did this thing right. I just want what's best for the long-term future of the program.

engie
02-07-2014, 07:16 PM

Welcome aboard!

This is what's so crazy about the continuing conversation on the topic. When people first catch the idea, they think "no way" -- I know -- because that was my initial reaction to the idea. But as I dug deeper, it became obvious that it was the only real option. And I've been pushing "my agenda" to build new for quite a few years now...

As the topic becomes mainstream, I think the vast majority of our fanbase is going to arrive at the same solution. We're already getting pretty close to that point with the progressive quotients of our fanbase...

State82
02-07-2014, 08:16 PM
Welcome aboard!

This is what's so crazy about the continuing conversation on the topic. When people first catch the idea, they think "no way" -- I know -- because that was my initial reaction to the idea. But as I dug deeper, it became obvious that it was the only real option. And I've been pushing "my agenda" to build new for quite a few years now...

As the topic becomes mainstream, I think the vast majority of our fanbase is going to arrive at the same solution. We're already getting pretty close to that point with the progressive quotients of our fanbase...

Just keep it up Engie. As I have mentioned before, I know it gets old and monotonous to have to play the same record over and over again, but if that's what it takes to get us to where we need to be facility-wise, then don't let up. I really think we may be over the hump in that respect. And I can't wait to see the final decision with its renderings.