PDA

View Full Version : Coach 34: Question about your obsession with Ole Miss

Bloop
02-07-2014, 03:21 PM
This is not a flame, but a legit question. Why do you constantly post and bash Ole Miss? Does that negative energy do any good? My daughter went to Texas A&M and I told her that their obsession with Texas just holds them back. After they left the big 12 and went to the SEC, they no longer focus and worry about what Texas is doing and they are much better for it. Just something you may want to think about. And yes, I went to Ole Miss.

Homedawg
02-07-2014, 03:25 PM
This should go well....

BrunswickDawg
02-07-2014, 03:25 PM
In before the lock....

"If I had a hammer...."

defiantdog
02-07-2014, 03:28 PM
This may have something to do with it....

http://i.minus.com/iiOJOvpi97x1V.gif

War Machine Dawg
02-07-2014, 03:28 PM
Drop the ban hammer!!!

http://i959.photobucket.com/albums/ae73/MSUDawgBurke/DoubleFacepalm1_zps062726fe.jpg (http://s959.photobucket.com/user/MSUDawgBurke/media/DoubleFacepalm1_zps062726fe.jpg.html)

Bloop
02-07-2014, 03:31 PM
g
This is not a flame, but a legit question. Why do you constantly post and bash Ole Miss? Does that negative energy do any good? My daughter went to Texas A&M and I told her that their obsession with Texas just holds them back. After they left the big 12 and went to the SEC, they no longer focus and worry about what Texas is doing and they are much better for it. Just something you may want to think about. And yes, I went to Ole Miss.

quickstrike2
02-07-2014, 03:31 PM
So we need to switch conferences? I vote ACC. ***

coachdaddy
02-07-2014, 03:32 PM
Pics of your daughter before I go please.

BeardoMSU
02-07-2014, 03:33 PM
http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mb1quiOG541qcj7k0o1_500.gif

defiantdog
02-07-2014, 03:33 PM
It's a legit question. I don't dislike MSU. Just wondering why the constant bashing
http://i.imgur.com/yEVnRLE.gif

DownwardDawg
02-07-2014, 03:38 PM

You know this works both ways right? I've never seen a fan base more obsessed with another program than ole miss fans are with MSU. It's creepy and unhealthy.

Bloop
02-07-2014, 03:44 PM
I know there are obsessed fans on both sides. But at least we aren't as bad as Alabama and Auburn. They kill trees and each other. It is, in the end, just a game.

Lloyd Christmas
02-07-2014, 03:47 PM
Run back to nafoom and circle jerk over the latest fashion trends and top shelf bourbons.

BeardoMSU
02-07-2014, 03:49 PM
This is what I think of your empty pleasantries....

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-dIIqqX3tgY8/TfrPECqnUrI/AAAAAAAAA6o/cuDq-3J8VRc/s320/z2.gif

Westdawg
02-07-2014, 03:51 PM
Oh, i believe we are about as bad as Bama and Auburn. The ONLY difference is that MSU fans/alums acutally admit it....Ole Miss ppl try to say they dont care, that "LSU is their rival"

Blip, if you want to , i think most all the conference would be PERFECTLY FINE with you all leaving the conference.
Here is my opinion, and i know it wasnt asked for...but we didnt ask you to come on here and say your thoughts:

GO TO HELL, OLE MISS
I hope a sink hole opens up and swallows that whole **** place. You and all you up on that hill up north have been thumbing your noses at us since our institution was formed. Frankly, take your blippin name, your Doctor Phil opinions, and your whole fan base and jumping into the deepest darkest hole, and slink away for all eternity.

DLGDawg
02-07-2014, 03:54 PM
I know there are obsessed fans on both sides. But at least we aren't as bad as Alabama and Auburn. They kill trees and each other. It is, in the end, just a game.

Wait.....is this one of those "why can't we all just get along" posts?

I typically see these things after the rebels recruiting "irregularities"

BogeyGolfer
02-07-2014, 03:56 PM
I really enjoy eating Mexican food but it doesn't agree with me. Also, most Mexican dishes contain the same ingredients but they are prepared a different way and given a different name....

Sam&DeansDawg
02-07-2014, 03:59 PM
Insert Here We Go gif

CJDAWG85
02-07-2014, 04:10 PM
Did you ask the same question on their board? They went as far as making a fake twitter account of C34... I can see the humor in making one of someone famous, but not of a normal person from a message board. That's just plain creepy and weird. So who's obsessed with who?

Drugdog
02-07-2014, 04:10 PM
Is there any competing school that likes each other? I say No. Heck even Duke and NC don't like each other.
AND just for good measure WE DONT LIKE YOU.

TheRef
02-07-2014, 04:21 PM
Well darn..since the weather is repeating itself I might as well post this again.
http://emotibot.net/pix/5910.gif

blacklistedbully
02-07-2014, 04:25 PM

For me, I've never met a worse fanbase than Ole Miss, and I've met a ton.

When I first got onto the Rivals MB back in 2008, I had softened my stance on Ole Miss, thinking perhaps my opinions back in my college days were biased and tainted due to being immersed on the rivalry and young the nearly 3 decades earlier. I actually even befriended a couple of OM fans on that board, and had a good-natured banter going with a couple others. When Ole Miss was approaching the Cotton Bowl versus TT, most people thought TT was going to wipe the floor with OM. I posted I though OM would not only win, but win rather convincingly, and shared my opinion that OM was vastly underrated.

The following year, as I watched them play, even in wins, I could see they were trending down, and did not look as good as early scores might indicate versus cupcakes. I could see Nutt misusing what talent he had, and predicted early on he was going to run the program into the ground. Ole Miss fans, almost all of them, immediately started jumping all over my ass, ridiculing me, taking nasty, cheap-shots at MSU, and getting highly personal with their insults of me.

Any and every time I'd post in a thread about my belief that MSU was under-rated in 2009, much better than our record was showing, those same Ole Miss fans would gang up and jump in the thread to insult MSU and me. It wasn't enough that OM was having another good year, record-wise, nope, they had to get as nasty as possible to the only MSU fan that was even on that site at the time, even though I'd been complimentary of them the year before. You see, I'd had the nerve to give my opinion early in the season that I thought OM was over-rated in the top 10, and looked more like a top 20-to-25 team to me, based on what I saw of early games.

That entire year, several OM fans would seek out every thread I posted in so they could add something about how much MSU sucked and offer me personal insults, etc, etc. They'd do stupid shit like calim I predicted MSU was gonna win the West that year, or would say I'd claimed MSU would beat Bama by 3 TD's, etc, all in an effort to screw with my credibility on the message board with other posters. You see, they had to do their best to make sure everyone else thought I was a moron, and they couldn't do it by referencing anything I actually said, so they'd make shit up and attribute it to me, inviting criticism and ridicule of me. This was not an isolated thing, rather something that most of the posters on that board engaged in, either intentionally, or because they read what a fellow OM jackass said about me, or jumped into a retaliatory exchange I was having with one of those assholes.

Then, when as the season went on, and I realized we were better than Ole Miss, but had just played a much tougher schedule, and lost games we could have won, I predicted MSU would beat Ole Miss in the Egg Bowl that year. All but one of the OM fans on that site, and there were many, went absolutely ape-shit on me. It was like a machine that got built and turned on by them that was designed to do nothing but constantly attack, ridicule, and personally insult me as much as possible. It was so far over-the-top as to strain credulity. It was sick.

I finally got sick of it, and started fighting fire-with-fire, attacking Ole Miss in threads just as they had done me and MSU. By now I'd remembered exactly why I hated OM so much as a student. It is a lesson I'll never again forget. Of course, when we beat Ole Miss that year in the Egg Bowl, I let them have it. Payback was sweet, though most of them disappeared from the board for months because they didn't have the class, courage, or common decency to man up and admit they were wrong.

To this day, I am despised by OM fans on Rivals the way Coach is here, on SPS, and several other boards. I've even had a couple accuse me of being Coach.

I don't post info on boards that have the potential to actually allow them to dig and find my real identity because I've know for a while just how sick and demented some of your fans are, and how much in a rage they can get for the most miniscule perceived slight. Coach found out the hard way something I suspected could happen back in 2009.

I have no doubt there are decent, fair-mined objective OM fans in this world, and you may be one of them. But based on my experiences on various message boards, it is clear to me that the % of Om fans that are, is extremely small, perhaps 1-in-10 at best. The vast majority are complete and utter assholes of the first order, with not an ounce of integrity, self-awareness or good sportsmanship.

I know you asked Coach, but perhaps my experience can give you a bit of a clue.

starkvegasdawg
02-07-2014, 04:29 PM
In the words of the Crue: Girl, don't go away mad. Girl, just go away.

defiantdog
02-07-2014, 04:31 PM
I probably wouldn't dislike OM as much if they weren't so damn shady....

http://valkyriegaming.org/forums/uploads/imgs/pre_1391808664__freeze.gif

preachermatt83
02-07-2014, 04:43 PM
This is a bear free zone!!

maroonmania
02-07-2014, 04:47 PM
Oh, i believe we are about as bad as Bama and Auburn. The ONLY difference is that MSU fans/alums acutally admit it....Ole Miss ppl try to say they dont care, that "LSU is their rival"

Blip, if you want to , i think most all the conference would be PERFECTLY FINE with you all leaving the conference.
Here is my opinion, and i know it wasnt asked for...but we didnt ask you to come on here and say your thoughts:

GO TO HELL, OLE MISS
I hope a sink hole opens up and swallows that whole **** place. You and all you up on that hill up north have been thumbing your noses at us since our institution was formed. Frankly, take your blippin name, your Doctor Phil opinions, and your whole fan base and jumping into the deepest darkest hole, and slink away for all eternity.

Can you be any more obsessed that to hire private investigators to follow your rival's coaches and recruits around? To me that's probably as bad as poisoning trees.

Coach34
02-07-2014, 04:47 PM

ok, this is hilarious. If you really think about it, I talk about the 2 SEC programs in the state. What fanbase published my name, phone number, facebook page, old ass myspace page, and address on their message board? What fanbase bombards my twitter?

I love sports
I love Mississippi State
I am very competitive
I love getting under people's skin
I love winning (and more than just the day)

There is no obsession with Ole Miss just like there was never any obsession with Stansbury. I made one single post back in December of 2003 shortly after joining SPS, simply saying I didnt think Stands was a very good floor coach and his teams lacked discipline. I also stated what I had heard from someone the athletic department about how LT had nearly fired Stands back in 2000 because of the lack of discipline in the program. I was attacked unbelievably for making that post. That's all it took from then on- I found a weak spot in people to get under that skin- something I enjoy thoroughly.

With Ole Miss, its more involved because of the rivalry, but it's still the same principle for the most part. Both sides like to have the upper hand and consider themselves the winner. We talk sports on here and what goes on. I enjoy passing along information I get- be it OM, State, Auburn, or Utah. If you look at the Law situation, I got info from the Utah people- it just happened to be that it was Ole Miss they were involved with. It just doesnt surprise people that time after time in recruiting when there is an impropriety- it seems OM is involved somehow. I also got info from Utah about Brian Johnson- that has kind of gotten lost in all this. it's not just about OM. But since you and the rest of Rebel nation are so obsessed with me- the Johnson stuff doesnt get as much attention/site hits.

We're going to continue to talk about State, the SEC, pro sports, fishing, and everything else here on Elitedawgs. But Ole Miss will also be a topic as well. Part of uplifting your program is staying ahead of your in-state rival. We have been doing that in football, baseball got the state back and is widening the gap once again, and basketball has even stayed at 2-2 thru the rebuilding process.

If you dont want me to talk about Ole Miss in a negative light- don't have players charged with sexual assault on recruiting weekends, dont get into multiple signing controversies in one recruiting day, dont get jobs at UMC for the top recruits in the nation father, dont have recruits tweeting pics of cash on recruiting visits, dont have a scummy meth head as your team leader in basketball, dont have a hypocrite as your football coach, and on and on and ****ing on.