PDA

View Full Version : Another update on the DJ Law situation

Coach34
02-07-2014, 11:53 AM
My buddy called and said Utah's compliance or the Pac-12 (he wasnt sure which) contacted Ole Miss and said they were going to press the issue on this. OM caved quicker than their OL did in the Egg Bowl.

Now the Ole Miss Spin Machne say that Freezus is a kind and forgiving man, and he wants the kid to go where his heart is. Then you throw in David Johnson's hilarious article yesterday and you see the propaganda machine working at high speed.

As you know, "Mr David" wrote a heart-felt article on 247 yesterday about Law after talking to his Mother. He didnt talk to Law- just the Mom. The thing that stands out in the article:

Momma say that Law lives with her
Momma say she nevahhh evahhhh met a coach from Utah

" I have never even spoken to anyone at Utah, and I still haven?t. I feel like when you recruit a child, you need to know the family. I don?t know Utah,? she said.

ok- why didnt David Johnson, as a journalist ya know, as her how come she didnt meet the Utah coach/coaches during Law's in-home visit? Utah coaches were in "her home" but she didnt meet them? Law visited Utah- was Momma not with him on his visit??? He lives with her right? Why would she not go with her sonwhen he visited back in October?

Secondly, why didnt "Mr David" ask her why he was decked out in a Utah hat at the signing ceremony? If they had already signed the LOI and sent it in to OM, and she loved OM, and had never met a coach from Utah, why was she there with her son as he was decked out in Utah garb signing to go to Utah? She wasnt shocked with a last second announcement.

This shit is hilarious

mic
02-07-2014, 12:04 PM
The best if I can remember what she said from the story was.... she never met one coach from Utah but met all the OM coaches and she Loved coach Freeze..

solodawg
02-07-2014, 12:05 PM
Ok, get ready for some new members with "Dawg"in their username come and defend the bears..

CJDAWG85
02-07-2014, 12:06 PM
If Ole Miss had nothing to hide in the matter, wouldn't you think they would've wanted to investigate a little to see what's going on? They obviously wanted him...

mic
02-07-2014, 12:10 PM
maybe Mr David can do a follow up interview with the mother after he reads this post. that's basically all he did with the last one he wrote.. These are some actually really good questions.. It could be a very good piece ..

BeastMan
02-07-2014, 12:11 PM
I can't lie, I thoroughly enjoy laughing at these NLI issues they keep having. Quality entertainment at a minimum.

coastdoglover
02-07-2014, 12:17 PM
You and I both know someone got paid and then was looking for a way out. I am still amazed how Slive lets this shit continue to go on but obviously he could care less unless Bama or the hierarchy is involved. I am convinced he could care less about anything other than getting 2 BCS teams each year so he can get his million dollar bonus.

My buddy called and said Utah's compliance or the Pac-12 (he wasnt sure which) contacted Ole Miss and said they were going to press the issue on this. OM caved quicker than their OL did in the Egg Bowl.

Now the Ole Miss Spin Machne say that Freezus is a kind and forgiving man, and he wants the kid to go where his heart is. Then you throw in David Johnson's hilarious article yesterday and you see the propaganda machine working at high speed.

As you know, "Mr David" wrote a heart-felt article on 247 yesterday about Law after talking to his Mother. He didnt talk to Law- just the Mom. The thing that stands out in the article:

Momma say that Law lives with her
Momma say she nevahhh evahhhh met a coach from Utah

" I have never even spoken to anyone at Utah, and I still haven?t. I feel like when you recruit a child, you need to know the family. I don?t know Utah,? she said.

ok- why didnt David Johnson, as a journalist ya know, as her how come she didnt meet the Utah coach/coaches during Law's in-home visit? Utah coaches were in "her home" but she didnt meet them? Law visited Utah- was Momma not with him on his visit??? He lives with her right? Why would she not go with her sonwhen he visited back in October?

Secondly, why didnt "Mr David" ask her why he was decked out in a Utah hat at the signing ceremony? If they had already signed the LOI and sent it in to OM, and she loved OM, and had never met a coach from Utah, why was she there with her son as he was decked out in Utah garb signing to go to Utah? She wasnt shocked with a last second announcement.

This shit is hilarious

Coach34
02-07-2014, 12:19 PM
In thread question- Who surrendered quicker?

The French in WWII or Ole Miss during Lawgate-2014?

maroonmania
02-07-2014, 12:25 PM
Yea, all this talk about Slive (and possibly the NCAA) telling OM to cool it with all the over the top recruiting shenanigans is either blatantly not true or OM just shot them the bird and went on about their normal recruiting business.

Westdawg
02-07-2014, 12:26 PM
shot the bird.....

EAVdog
02-07-2014, 12:40 PM
Building a relationship with parents, particularly ones on the fringe, is their specialty. Remember how Chris Jones dad just got back in his life and was the one pushing him to visit Ole Miss?

Coach34
02-07-2014, 12:42 PM
Building a relationship with parents, particularly ones on the fringe, is their specialty. Remember how Chris Jones dad just got back in his life and was the one pushing him to visit Ole Miss?

I'm glad someone else finally posted this. I started to mention it yesterday, but deleted it. This is exactly how they work on kids.

CJDAWG85
02-07-2014, 12:46 PM
I'm glad someone else finally posted this. I started to mention it yesterday, but deleted it. This is exactly how they work on kids.

Nail on the head... Wanted to say something about this, but decided not to...

engie
02-07-2014, 12:48 PM
Yea, all this talk about Slive (and possibly the NCAA) telling OM to cool it with all the over the top recruiting shenanigans is either blatantly not true or OM just shot them the bird and went on about their normal recruiting business.

I dunno about this. I didn't see them buying any Alabama, LSU, FSU, Georgia, etc recruits this year...
Seems to me shenanigans have already been cooled to a satisfactory extent with the SEC offices...

Pollodawg
02-07-2014, 12:51 PM
I dunno about this. I didn't see them buying any Alabama, LSU, FSU, Georgia, etc recruits this year...
Seems to me shenanigans have already been cooled to a satisfactory extent with the SEC offices...

Yep. They finished top ten last year. This year, they were told to pump the breaks, and they barely finished in the top twenty.

mic
02-07-2014, 12:54 PM

I think the French actually put up a little better fight...

Brahmabull
02-07-2014, 12:55 PM
I heard Dick Cross on H2H yesterday interviewing Matt Luke. He asked Luke to "explain the anatomy of a flip", terrible wording, but Luke struggled a bit and then said it is all about relationships. Sometimes the relationship with the kid and sometimes its the relationship with a family member....

ScottH
02-07-2014, 12:56 PM

Th UM coaching staff's internal phrase for this process is - "identifying the prospect's champion and working through them"

maroonmania
02-07-2014, 12:56 PM

I'm not sure they cooled that much or if the situations just didn't fall right for them this year to be able close some deals. Last year they had the RK effect working for them in conjunction with their other incentives. But if they are still offering payments just for visits and if the rumors on the Tee situation are true to go along with these LOI snafus it doesn't sound liked they've cooled all that much to me.

BeastMan
02-07-2014, 12:59 PM

I remember an interview where either Freeze or someone on their staff said their strategy is that they identify who that players "champion" is. Whether it's mom, dad, or gf they attack that "in". That is actually a great strategy. They identified Tunsil's gf as his "champion" and worked her hard and it landed him. The truth is that their strategy is more pragmatic than they want to admit. No one in their right mind would say that Chris Jones father was his "champion". The guy hadn't been around b/c of being in trouble. Yet he was the one by himself in the OM IPF playing video games with other commits and living it up in Oxford.

The truth about recruiting is that it's brutal and you must look through the smokescreens and do what you have to do. OM uses any possible "in" to get the job done. It's not as ideal as they make it sound in interviews. Guess what though? That's fine. Mullen and the powers that be know exactly what they are up against with OM's staff. Time to understand what your up against and formulate a smart and effective answer. Simple.

maroonmania
02-07-2014, 01:00 PM

I didn't really think this wasn't already well understood by most long time MSU observers. They have done it so much that its just standard fare for them. Worked to flip CJ and Pat Pat and almost worked with Chris Jones besides other guys like Ward and others that they got in with family members early on.

Based god
02-07-2014, 01:02 PM
I ****ing can't stand the god damn bears. They pay laws mother probably thousands if not hundreds of thousands dollars blatantly and get away with it. They should all DIAF

Coach34
02-07-2014, 01:13 PM
I ****ing can't stand the god damn bears. They pay laws mother probably thousands if not hundreds of thousands dollars blatantly and get away with it. They should all DIAF

he didnt get close to Cam Newton money- thats for sure

Dawgfan77
02-07-2014, 01:48 PM

I smell a bear amoungst us

BeastMan
02-07-2014, 01:52 PM

I've already done a post review and warned him in the thread "based god". I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't last long.

Dallas_Dawg
02-07-2014, 01:55 PM
Was listening to 1310 The Ticket here in Dallas this morning and Norm began talking about the Law situation. I was getting my hopes up that he would bash ole miss and tell how it really went down.
Nope, all he said was that the kid committed to three schools, EMCC being one of them. said that the kid must be "confused" and will get to commit to new schools in two years.
Basically, everyone outside of the states of Mississippi and Utah won't know the details of what REALLY happened

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
02-07-2014, 01:57 PM
Not only that, but there's been several new posters who's writing style reeks of tSECRant...

fishwater99
02-07-2014, 02:10 PM

LOL... $500

Coach34
02-07-2014, 02:35 PM
Not only that, but there's been several new posters who's writing style reeks of tSECRant...

Yep

Those doorknobs love them some Elitedawgs

gtowndawg
02-07-2014, 03:05 PM

http://media.giphy.com/media/lQCgV9sstXCik/giphy.gif

sbcmortgageman
02-07-2014, 09:36 PM
I heard Richard make a "joke" today on H2H that he wouldn't be surprised to see Laws HS coach replace Johnson ay Utah. He's sniffing at a package deal by Utes and OM did nothing wrong.

Acid mouth
02-07-2014, 11:10 PM
I heard Richard make a "joke" today on H2H that he wouldn't be surprised to see Laws HS coach replace Johnson ay Utah. He's sniffing at a package deal by Utes and OM did nothing wrong.

I think this was an excellent business decision on behalf of Law's momma. I can just picture her on NSD wearing a Utah cap at the Western Union gleaming those pearlie whites! Easy $$$!!

OurState
02-08-2014, 09:30 AM
Was listening to 1310 The Ticket here in Dallas this morning and Norm began talking about the Law situation. I was getting my hopes up that he would bash ole miss and tell how it really went down.
Nope, all he said was that the kid committed to three schools, EMCC being one of them. said that the kid must be "confused" and will get to commit to new schools in two years.
Basically, everyone outside of the states of Mississippi and Utah won't know the details of what REALLY happened

The thing that makes this so odd is didn't the bears see him as a sign and place?
All this for a sign a place? WTF

SDDawg
02-08-2014, 10:44 AM

It is despicable too. Absolutely sickening to watch them disrupting people's family lives and causing long-term damage over this kind of behavior. Christian?! You better 17ing shut your mouth with that shit Rebel scum, ain't nothing Christian about any of this bullshit.

SDDawg
02-08-2014, 10:45 AM

He's sniffing his own bullshit, no one hires unqualified douchebags for top tier coaching jobs (except OM).