PDA

View Full Version : Jay Johnson

RBritt
02-07-2014, 10:37 AM
He has a nice new article on rebels24/7 loves their family atmosphere. No comment since mr ps4 Nix and others post message board quotes.

engie
02-07-2014, 10:46 AM
He's from Bruce -- basically 20 minutes from Oxford -- his life over the next year would be totally miserable if he gave anything other than glowing reviews about them...

He will be seeing a unique family atmosphere in 24 hours in Starkville for our JR day.

This is what OM is good at. Write this article on Sunday as soon as he leaves campus -- shelve it until JUST before he's ready to show up at MSU -- then put it out there knowing it will be picked up on all MSU message boards -- in hopes it negatively affects how he is treated on said visit. OM sites are part of their hype/recruiting machine. It's like having an extra staff full of recruiters for them....

Coach66
02-07-2014, 10:51 AM
He's from Bruce -- basically 20 minutes from Oxford -- his life over the next year would be totally miserable if he gave anything other than glowing reviews about them...

He will be seeing a unique family atmosphere in 24 hours in Starkville for our JR day.

This is what OM is good at. Write this article on Sunday as soon as he leaves campus -- shelve it until JUST before he's ready to show up at MSU -- then put it out there knowing it will be picked up on all MSU message boards -- in hopes it negatively affects how he is treated on said visit. OM sites are part of their hype/recruiting machine. It's like having an extra staff full of recruiters for them....

nm

defiantdog
02-07-2014, 12:33 PM
You always hear about recruits and our players talk about the family atmosphere at State, but I'm just now hearing Ole Miss start boosting this "Family Atmosphere." Not only do they wait till we start recruiting a kid to jump on him, but now they're attempting to project a family atmosphere. Give me break.... they are completely full of shit. For a team that says they are so much better than us, they sure seem to "attempt" to copy everything we do.

Sam&DeansDawg
02-07-2014, 01:36 PM
I think most of them do, but I think that McReedy guy is decent. He seems to know what he's talking about when he comes on Bo Bounds and doesn't spin it for them TSUN homers.

UMCDawg16
02-07-2014, 02:02 PM
Sam, you obviously didn't hear McCready's rant on Out of Bounds the day after the egg bowl. He's a OM homer to the core, he is just better at hiding it than guys like Yancy.

BogeyGolfer
02-07-2014, 02:09 PM
Sam, you obviously didn't hear McCready's rant on Out of Bounds the day after the egg bowl. He's a OM homer to the core, he is just better at hiding it than guys like Yancy.

What I don't get, unless I've missed it, is why doesn't Yancy come on H2H and talk about recruits like Rosie? They always have another UM rep... Guys we really need to get our resources organized and get ready to go all in this summer and fall leading up to next years class .... Everyone needs to do their part.

Todd4State
02-07-2014, 02:13 PM
What I don't get, unless I've missed it, is why doesn't Yancy come on H2H and talk about recruits like Rosie? They always have another UM rep... Guys we really need to get our resources organized and get ready to go all in this summer and fall leading up to next years class .... Everyone needs to do their part.

I bet they have a very good reason for not putting Yancy on the air. He's a guy that pretty much admits to putting out misinformation- and that's just the tip of the ice berg.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
02-07-2014, 02:15 PM
I just watched the video and to say that he loves their family atmosphere is a stretch. Hell, I think the kid only said 4 words in the entire interview and there were no quotes in the write-up for the article. That should tell you something right there. This seems to be the case from year to year with our coaching staff, but I think as long as we keep DT on staff, we'll be in good shape.

smootness
02-07-2014, 02:25 PM
Jay Johnson will be a fight til SD, there's no doubt. But I definitely don't see him as a guy like Kailo Moore or a guy who just took a reservation and will definitely flip.

We definitely have a shot to keep him, but we'll just have to keep working him for a full year.

RougeDawg
02-07-2014, 02:39 PM
He has a nice new article on rebels24/7 loves their family atmosphere. No comment since mr ps4 Nix and others post message board quotes.

So raping girls, yelling anti gay slurs, and rampant drug use are common characteristics of a "Family Atmosphere"? Have I missed an announcement from Webster's in the last 24-48 hours, on definition changes?

RossDawg82
02-07-2014, 03:07 PM
So raping girls, yelling anti gay slurs, and rampant drug use are common characteristics of a "Family Atmosphere"? Have I missed an announcement from Webster's in the last 24-48 hours, on definition changes?

Manson Family

bully99
02-07-2014, 03:47 PM
Dick and Wyatt have said they won't have yancy on their show. We'll see in the future.

chef dixon
02-07-2014, 04:12 PM
it means so much

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhWaxa2nz9Y

sbcmortgageman
02-07-2014, 09:30 PM

I'm fairly certain Richard doesn't trust Yancy.

CadaverDawg
02-07-2014, 11:07 PM
it means so much

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhWaxa2nz9Y

That's another thing that Shows how the OM guys help their cause. They asked questions about what the recruit liked about them AND their rival. It didn't work out for them with Aeris, but that is good info to know when battling for someone in state. Meanwhile, our guys ask recruits questions like "hey Mr. 175 LB WR, who can eat more pizza, you or _____? (Insert a 300 LB lineman, and laugh)"

If you have ever heard a Gene Swindoll interview you will know what I'm talking about. It sounds like Mr. Rogers flirting with a young boy. It makes you wish our media guys had zero access.

sandwolf
02-08-2014, 12:58 AM
Dick and Wyatt have said they won't have yancy on their show. We'll see in the future.

They said that on the air? What lead to them saying that?

engie
02-08-2014, 01:01 AM
Cross hates Yancy. Don't think he's ever given an exact reason...

GumpDawg
02-08-2014, 08:36 AM
If you have ever heard a Gene Swindoll interview you will know what I'm talking about. It sounds like Mr. Rogers flirting with a young boy. It makes you wish our media guys had zero access.

Great comparison and sadly I find them entertaining . The Chris Jones interview on NSD last year was brutal.