PDA

View Full Version : Hail State TV

Scarface
02-06-2014, 09:57 PM
Ok guys obviously I am a first time poster. I have been a long time lurker. I have a question and I was hoping I could get some help.

I have just moved out of Starkville and I am considering subscribing to Hail State TV to see some baseball games. I just wanted to know from some of the people who have this how they like this service. Also do they show all of the games or just the games not aired by an ESPN or CSS? It looks like it does most sports how is the coverage on non-big 3 sports?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

monroedawg5646
02-07-2014, 02:21 AM
I subscribed last year for baseball as well. The only games available are home games not carried by a public network. Pretty decent coverage except when the charcoal grill under the outfield camera flares up. Also had bonus coverage last year with razorback network and a&m network making those games available through hailstate tv.

RiverCityDawg
02-07-2014, 06:29 AM
If you like baseball its absolutely worth it. They've tweaked it a bit every year and finally have it right. It's the radio broadcast for audio, the video is in HD, they have a scoreboard, balls & strikes, etc. I would say it's one of the the most first-class things we have. I don't use it for anything other than baseball and sometimes the rare basketball game that's not on ESPN3/WatchESPN.

DownwardDawg
02-07-2014, 07:28 AM
If you like baseball its absolutely worth it. They've tweaked it a bit every year and finally have it right. It's the radio broadcast for audio, the video is in HD, they have a scoreboard, balls & strikes, etc. I would say it's one of the the most first-class things we have. I don't use it for anything other than baseball and sometimes the rare basketball game that's not on ESPN3/WatchESPN.

^^^^This post nailed it^^^^. It's great for baseball, not so great for everything else.

AROB44
02-07-2014, 08:00 AM
Do any of you have Apple TV where you can have the baseball game on your TV instead of a computer? If so...how does it work? I'm just not too tech savvy.....but am still willing to learn (even at my advanced age).

rabbitthedawg
02-07-2014, 08:27 AM
I have Apple TV and put all the games on the big 60 inch. Works perfectly! About only thing would make it better would be to have Dizzy Dean and Pee Wee Reese doing the play by play. Apple TV is about the best thing to come along since sliced bread. You can stream from your IPhone or IPad, plus if you have music on your IPhone, it is wonderful through the surround sound if you have all that stuff.

HereComesTheSpiral
02-07-2014, 08:37 AM
Do any of you have Apple TV where you can have the baseball game on your TV instead of a computer? If so...how does it work? I'm just not too tech savvy.....but am still willing to learn (even at my advanced age).

I just hook my computer into the tv through the hdmi

The Croom Diaries
02-07-2014, 09:38 AM
If a game is on TV, by rule it cannot be broadcast by Hail State TV. So if it's on CSS and you don't have it, you'll have to view it on ESPN3 or listen on the radio.

If your computer has a HDMI cable you can do that. My lap top does not so I use the blue monitor cord - my TV has a monitor input and that works the same, however it's not in HD.

I believe Georgia, LSU, and Missouri also use NeuLion so we should be able to view those road series through Hail State TV as well....although one UGA game and two LSU games are on TV this year.

If you purchase Hail State TV just buy the 4-month package because it's my understanding that with the SEC Network starting in August Hail State TV will no longer have baseball games, or much coverage at all.

maroonmania
02-07-2014, 10:30 AM
^^^^This post nailed it^^^^. It's great for baseball, not so great for everything else.

Yep, baseball for me IS the reason to have it and I usually get the 4 month package strictly for baseball. The streaming actually works better for me than ESPN3.

RougeDawg
02-07-2014, 02:06 PM

I have AppleTV and stream from phone or Ipad to TV. It works great, but you have to pay a yearly subscription fee for an app for EACH device. I want to say $6 a year per device. Kinda shitty if you asked, since you already have a subscription. I've written my share of emails to them about the issue.

Speaking of apps, anyone have info on whether or not a windows hailstate app will ever be available? Only Apple and Android currently. Wanted to stream from laptop to google chrome.

archdog
02-07-2014, 05:12 PM
I have Apple TV and put all the games on the big 60 inch. Works perfectly! About only thing would make it better would be to have Dizzy Dean and Pee Wee Reese doing the play by play. Apple TV is about the best thing to come along since sliced bread. You can stream from your IPhone or IPad, plus if you have music on your IPhone, it is wonderful through the surround sound if you have all that stuff.

Google Chromecast does everything like that, except it only cost 39 dollars.

archdog
02-07-2014, 05:14 PM
My biggest problem is that when every other school in the SEC had a live online feed of national signing day from the war room, MSU decides to charge for it through HailStateTV. They missed an opportunity to do something special for the entire fanbase. If any of you looked at the show that TN put on, you would be pissed at our Athletic department.

bully99
02-07-2014, 05:48 PM
I went to watch the Rick Ray coaches show on hailstate free and you had to watch a 90 second commercial before the show. I turned it off. Who in the hell wants to watch a damn long commercial.
I shake my head at some of the shit our athletic department does.