PDA

View Full Version : Freeze adds to his "abuse 'em and leave 'em" legacy

PassInterference
02-06-2014, 08:08 PM
Hat tip to my boy, Madkinmecrazy, for digging this up. This deserves its own thread. And it deserves to be added to the ongoing Hugh Freeze manifesto that I've been updating here.

-----

Ole Miss's 2014 class had an early offer out to a Alex Weber, a little known and un-rated WR from Florida. Weber is unknown enough that 247 has almost no info on him: http://247sports.com/Player/Alex-Weber-30627?Institution=9051 Ole Miss offered Weber sometime prior to 2013's National Signing Day.

Why?

Because he is Laremy Tunsil's younger brother. Clearly the strategy worked. The Rebels got Tunsil.

So, like Denzel Nkemdiche, Alex Weber got a lucky break at playing SEC football, right? Well no. Weber is Tunsil's YOUNGER brother. That means Tunsil became a rebel first, and after that...well, Freeze gave Weber the finger. With Tunsil in the boat, Weber was no longer needed and his only offer was pulled.

That's par for the course for Freeze. Offer a guy, even burn a scholarship if needed, to reach someone else. After the prize is in hand and the pawn is no longer needed, cut him or pull the offer.

Just like Freeze has done repeatedly since coming to Ole Miss. See this from my earlier post on the subject:

-----------------------------------

------

As was posted here today, Ole Miss dismissed Anthony Standifer. Standifer was Treadwell's high school teammate & buddy. During his recruitment, it was thought that he and Treadwell would follow each other around (just one anecdote here - http://mgorecruit.blogspot.com/2011/...decommits.html ).

Ole Miss obviously thought the same. Why else would Ole Miss be drawn to a 3 star player from Illinois? To help lure Treadwell of course.

Ole Miss got Treadwell and now Ole Miss doesn't need Standifer. So Standifer was dismissed. A young man lost out on a 4 year chance with a team and a school that wanted him because Ole Miss lied to him. Ole Miss used him to get to Treadwell. Then threw Standifer away like trash.

Recruits that are friends will high profile recruits need to beware of Ole Miss. Friends of high profile recruits, or anyone with access to a high profile recruit, is a target for use & abuse by the Ole Miss rebels.

Standifer isn't alone.

Ole Miss did the same to Stewart Summers whose dad had tried to get Robert Nkemdichie's dad a job at UMC. In hindsight, it looks like a MS Ethics Commission investigation scared that deal away. Regardless, Ole Miss got RN and surprise, Summers was dismissed from the Ole Miss football team.

Brassell was brought back to the team long enough for them to acquire Conner. Then surprise, Brassell was dismissed.

This history needs to go out to every friend-of-a-playah they try to croot.

bulldog1026
02-06-2014, 08:11 PM
What did you expect? Hell, I'd do it in a heartbeat too to get the best lineman in 2013. However, I would follow through if I promised to offer his little brother. This stuff happens all the time. It isn't just TSUN. Standifer is actually back on the team I believe. He got in trouble, but they let him back on the team.

preachermatt83
02-06-2014, 08:17 PM
Bulldog1026 is obviously a bear.. and a stupid one at that.. Start defending the Hypocrite that is Hugh Freeze on your second post?!! Idiot! #BANHAMMER

Madkinmecrazy
02-06-2014, 08:20 PM
Bulldog1026 is obviously a bear.. and a stupid one at that.. Start defending the Hypocrite that is Hugh Freeze on your second post?!! Idiot! #BANHAMMER

Not defending Freezus here - but shit, I'd offer waste 2 scholarships on Tunsil. That kid is good.

PassInterference
02-06-2014, 08:22 PM
What did you expect? Hell, I'd do it in a heartbeat too to get the best lineman in 2013. However, I would follow through if I promised to offer his little brother. This stuff happens all the time. It isn't just TSUN. Standifer is actually back on the team I believe. He got in trouble, but they let him back on the team.

Wrong. Standifer is not on the roster.

http://www.olemisssports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/ole-m-footbl-mtt.html

Sure other schools make package deals. That's not the point.

HUGH FREEZE IS A LYING SCUMBAG. He breaks his package deals after he gets the part he wants.

preachermatt83
02-06-2014, 08:24 PM
Not defending Freezus here - but shit, I'd offer waste 2 scholarships on Tunsil. That kid is good.

but that Is the point... he isn't , he PULLED THE OFFER, after he got the brother.

Madkinmecrazy
02-06-2014, 08:25 PM
but that Is the point... he isn't , he PULLED THE OFFER, after he got the brother.

Truth.

solodawg
02-06-2014, 08:31 PM
No doubt 1026 is pretty familiar with the bear happenings..Funny how all these new posters come in defending the bears. Just doesn't seem Dawg like to me!!! We'll see soon enough!

Madkinmecrazy
02-06-2014, 08:33 PM
Just found this from an article Hugh Kellenberger wrote yesterday for the CL.

"Laremy Tunsil’s younger brother, wide receiver Alex Weber, took an official visit to Ole Miss last weekend. It’s unclear if he’s a preferred walk-on candidate or a potential signee."

He was on campus LAST WEEKEND. Considering that he had a scholly offered to him last year, either Freeze pulled it awhile back and was still pushing for a walk on or the kid got blindsided yesterday.

http://www.clarionledger.com/article/20140205/SPORTS030103/302050037/Big-fish-still-out-there-Ole-Miss-Signing-Day

Saltydog
02-06-2014, 08:41 PM
his brother (a walk on at UM) a scholly. I believe the brother's last name was Blanchard, if I'm not mistaken so add this to list as well. He was a year ahead of Channing and I don't think he's on the roster either.

hacker
02-06-2014, 09:11 PM

Ban.

preachermatt83
02-06-2014, 09:19 PM
Ban.

^^^THIS

Drugdog
02-06-2014, 09:29 PM

Troll and a bear. The point IS, the clarion rebel printed a story about MSU doing this which is very RARE. ole Miss does it routinely and there is no coverage of it. Plus the Beaver toughts family et al, and cuts nuts when they are thru with him. Your freakin blind and dumb not to see this you Bow tie, red pants, sweater around the waist , penny loafer wearing numb nuts.

FlabLoser
02-06-2014, 09:32 PM
bulldog1026 has left the building.

preachermatt83
02-06-2014, 09:34 PM

u da man!

AlSwearengen
02-06-2014, 09:36 PM
this can't be good for morale though. I guess the rebels are banking that tunsil will perform for a future nfl career, but off the field and in the locker room, it could cause problems.

defiantdog
02-06-2014, 09:48 PM
Standifer seems to be on the team still.... only played 3 games this year -- http://www.olemisssports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/anthony_standifer_811428.html --

This is how Freeze is considered a "Good Recruiter".... he's dirty as shit. But let's be honest, what kind of character does this guy recruit.... shit bags. Bo Wallace gets in a fight every week, they have rape cases against them, and the players are pushing around the coaches. You know that Ward and CJ regret going to that dumpster fire of a school every day. Freeze tries to run that school like Miami did in the mid-80's without the wins of course.

Madkinmecrazy
02-06-2014, 09:58 PM
Standifer was dismissed in October for "grades" and "cutting class." You know, things that OM would have looked past it it was, say, Treadwell or Kimdichee.

My guess is that he was on a short leash and they were trying to find a way to free up a scholly once Treadwell was established.

starkvegasdawg
02-06-2014, 10:31 PM
Saw this quote and thought it appropriate: Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option.

GrassOfDWS
02-07-2014, 11:50 AM
They lucked out with Denzel Nkemdiche. The only reason Denzel played in 2012 was because they didn't have many options, and they were afraid Robert might think the only reason Denzel was even there was to lure Robert. Denzel ended up being better than they thought, so they didn't have to worry about Robert coming.

Homedawg
02-07-2014, 12:26 PM
Guess that guy didn't hold a grudge against nkemdiche's dad. I am told he is now employeed in Jackson. Some of you people w sources that way can check and see if that's correct. My source is usually spot on so I trust him but worth looking into. If true, they waiting out the circus and let the smoke clear and hired him anyway. Figures.

Based god
02-07-2014, 01:04 PM
They do this bullshit every year . Can't somebody tell the NCAA? Shit is getting out of hand

PassInterference
07-30-2014, 12:41 PM
Hat tip to my boy, Madkinmecrazy, for digging this up. This deserves its own thread. And it deserves to be added to the ongoing Hugh Freeze manifesto that I've been updating here.

-----

Ole Miss's 2014 class had an early offer out to a Alex Weber, a little known and un-rated WR from Florida. Weber is unknown enough that 247 has almost no info on him: http://247sports.com/Player/Alex-Weber-30627?Institution=9051 Ole Miss offered Weber sometime prior to 2013's National Signing Day.

Why?

Because he is Laremy Tunsil's younger brother. Clearly the strategy worked. The Rebels got Tunsil.

So, like Denzel Nkemdiche, Alex Weber got a lucky break at playing SEC football, right? Well no. Weber is Tunsil's YOUNGER brother. That means Tunsil became a rebel first, and after that...well, Freeze gave Weber the finger. With Tunsil in the boat, Weber was no longer needed and his only offer was pulled.

That's par for the course for Freeze. Offer a guy, even burn a scholarship if needed, to reach someone else. After the prize is in hand and the pawn is no longer needed, cut him or pull the offer.

Just like Freeze has done repeatedly since coming to Ole Miss. See this from my earlier post on the subject:

-----------------------------------

------

As was posted here today, Ole Miss dismissed Anthony Standifer. Standifer was Treadwell's high school teammate & buddy. During his recruitment, it was thought that he and Treadwell would follow each other around (just one anecdote here - http://mgorecruit.blogspot.com/2011/...decommits.html ).

Ole Miss obviously thought the same. Why else would Ole Miss be drawn to a 3 star player from Illinois? To help lure Treadwell of course.

Ole Miss got Treadwell and now Ole Miss doesn't need Standifer. So Standifer was dismissed. A young man lost out on a 4 year chance with a team and a school that wanted him because Ole Miss lied to him. Ole Miss used him to get to Treadwell. Then threw Standifer away like trash.

Recruits that are friends will high profile recruits need to beware of Ole Miss. Friends of high profile recruits, or anyone with access to a high profile recruit, is a target for use & abuse by the Ole Miss rebels.

Standifer isn't alone.

Ole Miss did the same to Stewart Summers whose dad had tried to get Robert Nkemdichie's dad a job at UMC. In hindsight, it looks like a MS Ethics Commission investigation scared that deal away. Regardless, Ole Miss got RN and surprise, Summers was dismissed from the Ole Miss football team.

Brassell was brought back to the team long enough for them to acquire Conner. Then surprise, Brassell was dismissed.

This history needs to go out to every friend-of-a-playah they try to croot.

UPDATE....

After pulling Weber's offer, per the above source, Freeze did end up signing Tunsil's little brother, Alex Weber. Weber's high school stats are as pedestrian than they get. Not a lot of yards or TDs. He isn't tall. He isn't fast. He's got little to offer but Laremy Tunsil.

But never fear, bears, your beat writer is here to debunk any talk of impropriety. http://www.clarionledger.com/story/olemisssports/2014/07/25/ole-miss-alex-weber-tunsil/13143985/

Kellenberger probably shouldn't have mentioned that Weber and Stringfellow are two examples of players that Ole Miss signed without making any announcements, tweets, etc proclaiming their signing. It is better for Ole Miss that these two particular signings stay on the down-low.

Kellenberger was probably a little ignorant of the hush behind Stringfellow's signing because the above article came out before Pelini went teed off on the NCAA regarding Ole Miss's suspicious recruitment of Stringfellow.

Anyway, Stringfellow has a future at Ole Miss.

I doubt Weber does. I predict Weber gets cut after this year. Ole Miss has cut other people after their usefulness to attract high profile guys had expired. Besides, 2015 schollies are tight on the plantation and Freeze will be feeling pressure to keep up with Mullen's class. All that probably spells one and done for Weber so Ole Miss can make room for the next large mouth bass.

ShotgunDawg
07-30-2014, 12:57 PM
They do this bullshit every year . Can't somebody tell the NCAA? Shit is getting out of hand

I don't see any problem, legally, with what Ole Miss is doing. If Ole Miss isn't full filling their side of the obligation, then it is the responsibility of the other coaches that are recruiting that player to point out Ole Miss is full of crap. Then if the player isn't smart enough to see through their BS, then the kid is probably an idiot and won't pan out anyway.

FISHDAWG
07-30-2014, 01:27 PM

bout time you showed up ... we were thinking the rebel mafia had buried you under the new flag pole footings

or maybe you wuz vacatshunin wid the Emmerts

CadaverDawg
07-30-2014, 01:33 PM
bout time you showed up ... we were thinking the rebel mafia had buried you under the new flag pole footings

or maybe you wuz vacatshunin wid the Emmerts

Check the date on that post you quoted. Ha

FISHDAWG
07-30-2014, 01:39 PM
ha ... oh well, maybe someone needs to check the footings

RougeDawg
07-30-2014, 07:36 PM
Troll and a bear. The point IS, the clarion rebel printed a story about MSU doing this which is very RARE. ole Miss does it routinely and there is no coverage of it. Plus the Beaver toughts family et al, and cuts nuts when they are thru with him. Your freakin blind and dumb not to see this you Bow tie, red pants, sweater around the waist , penny loafer wearing numb nuts.

Was the story about state even on this subject? I thought the article that was blasting Mullen was when we pulled an offer from an Oxford kid, after we received a commitment from a player higher on our list. And we let the kid know soon enough to explore his other options. We didn't lead him on until signing day and them tell him "no room". What Bucky does is on a completely different level and is as shitty as a coach can be. But hey, look who he coaches for.

BulldogBear
07-30-2014, 09:33 PM
I personally am not convinced Freeze is really calling the shots on a LOT of things that go on. This is similar in a wierd way to how Hitler was a figurehead but was not really in charge of Nazi Germany. It was the shadowy and until recently little known Braunschweig (SP?) who ruled Germany, telling Hitler mostly what to do. Sometimes a lot of this crap that goes on in Oxford plus the media circus, etc. really makes me wonder if Hugh is really in charge.

blacklistedbully
07-30-2014, 09:42 PM
I personally am not convinced Freeze is really calling the shots on a LOT of things that go on. This is similar in a wierd way to how Hitler was a figurehead but was not really in charge of Nazi Germany. It was the shadowy and until recently little known Braunschweig (SP?) who ruled Germany, telling Hitler mostly what to do. Sometimes a lot of this crap that goes on in Oxford plus the media circus, etc. really makes me wonder if Hugh is really in charge.

WTF??

CadaverDawg
07-30-2014, 09:47 PM

http://media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/166/618/618166.gif

Noxdog
07-30-2014, 10:03 PM

Tell me this is some lame attempt at sarcasm??? If not, WOW.........................

RougeDawg
07-30-2014, 10:12 PM

Beaver troll alert here.

RougeDawg
07-30-2014, 10:16 PM

Yes. Hope this is a joke. A CEO or Obama reference for this would have been much better. CEO for board and stock holders calling most shots and Obama for Party and communist background calling his.

JDog13
07-30-2014, 10:20 PM

http://persephonemagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/colbert-wtf.gif

http://persephonemagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/chappelle-lil-jon-hhhwhat.gif

http://persephonemagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/mal-speechless.gif

http://persephonemagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/chris-rock-huh-face.gif

http://persephonemagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/airplane-cant-be-serious.gif

BulldogBear
07-30-2014, 11:31 PM
I got the name wrong. It's Haushofer not Braunschweig (Brunswick - Sorry, I speak German and tend not to anglisize German concepts or words unless it actually occurs to me). He's known as "Hitler's Merlin." Der Puppenspieler. Some of his role has only come to light in the last decade. For quite a while (much longer than previously thought) Hitler was actually #2, not #1, and was more the figurehead as he was the one with all the charisma. Sorry this is old news to me. Didn't mean to start a riot!!!

The point I was making is that some of the antics and nonsense that comes out of that program just really makes me wonder if Freeze isn't just doing what he's told and somebody else is really running the show. Some of the stuff done in and spewed out of Oxford is just unbelievable and almost campy. I expect sometimes to see a "Zowie" or "Kapow" like we're on the old Batman series when they make some move or spew some spin that they think is so tremendous. That was the comparison I was making.

blacklistedbully
07-31-2014, 10:42 AM
I got the name wrong. It's Haushofer not Braunschweig (Brunswick - Sorry, I speak German and tend not to anglisize German concepts or words unless it actually occurs to me). He's known as "Hitler's Merlin." Der Puppenspieler. Some of his role has only come to light in the last decade. For quite a while (much longer than previously thought) Hitler was actually #2, not #1, and was more the figurehead as he was the one with all the charisma. Sorry this is old news to me. Didn't mean to start a riot!!!

The point I was making is that some of the antics and nonsense that comes out of that program just really makes me wonder if Freeze isn't just doing what he's told and somebody else is really running the show. Some of the stuff done in and spewed out of Oxford is just unbelievable and almost campy. I expect sometimes to see a "Zowie" or "Kapow" like we're on the old Batman series when they make some move or spew some spin that they think is so tremendous. That was the comparison I was making.

If Hitler were truly #2 after Haushofer, Nazi Germany would not have attacked Russia, as Haushofer strongly advocated an alliance with Russia & Japan. While it can be argued that Haushofer did instigate and/or influence the decision to ally with Japan & Russia, it seems clear he would have been adamantly opposed to turning on Russia. Haushofer was also married to a woman who was half-Jewish, so it is also highly unlikely he would have supported the genocide brought about by Hitler. Instituting genocide is a tall order for a "#2", particularly if "#1" is opposed to it. Same goes for the invasion of Russia.

It's hard to argue those 2 huge events could have taken place if Hitler was answerable to Haushofer. I believe the more accurate assessment would be to say that Hitler was greatly influenced by many of Haushofer's geopolitical ideas, not the least of which included German expansionism and military buildup.

In sum, I'd say Haushofer was a major influence on Hitler, and contributed to the start of WWII, but that he was not the "puppet-master" of Hitler. Haushofer was extremely nationalistic and a Hawk, but Hitler was evil and insane.